• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Haynes] Trae pressuring management to play more off-ball

mrhonline

5 hours ago, JTB said:

Im not going to defend Trae about standing out near the logo but him standing far back was a design from LP if I recall it right.

while it’s obvious that McMillan has made some adjustments on both ends (offense and defense)….it appears this part of the offense was not changed.

I will have to find the articles, interviews, or whatever about Trae standing in the “4pt area” (as they called it) for kick out purposes. It was apart of the scheme if I recall it right.

I truly believe it’s what he was taught for this offensive scheme. Telling Trae to get closer to the 3pt line or whatever it’s not something hard for Trae to do and while he has a low defensive BBIQ that is not the case offensively even when tries to thread the needle on his passes.

LP ha the 4 pt area marked off on the practice court.

And the other question @niremetal needs to ask himself, is this just a Trae problem of people not moving?  Or is it a team problem?  Because I'm trying to think of a person that moves well without the ball on this team?   Most everyone just runs the designated plays, and stays within their area.

NOTE:  Because our scheme normally puts 2 shooters in the corners, that's also a big reason why we aren't back on defense specifically when Trae drives to the basket.   When the PG drives, the wings and the big not closest to the rim are responsible to get back.  If they're stuck in the corners waiting for the ball, they literally have to bust their butts in order to stop a fast break.  This is a big reason why you see so many "take fouls" around half court.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't want to brag but it is nice to see things being validated by accepted media outlets. I have to point out that both @NBASupes and @thecampster have also been validated multiple times as well. 

No, dont say that! I am Mr. Full of It as our new Hawksquawkers have called me. 

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A lot of what you said previously has been coming out by the media this week...

Such as? You don't need a source to know Trae talks to Travis. This will ruffle some feathers but the next time someone on here "leaks" something that's not a vague, general statement will be the first. 

And while I'm at it, this thread title should be changed. At no point was that said. 

1 minute ago, High5 said:

Such as? You don't need a source to know Trae talks to Travis. This will ruffle some feathers but the next time someone on here "leaks" something that's not a vague, general statement will be the first. 

And while I'm at it, this thread title should be changed. At no point was that said. 

Hes had some leaks regarding bogi and jc come to fruition this week and trae's interest in wanting to play with ben simmons. Not sure if that was from him or the campster but stuff slowly but surely coming out

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Hes had some leaks regarding bogi and jc come to fruition this week and trae's interest in wanting to play with ben simmons. Not sure if that was from him or the campster but stuff slowly but surely coming out

Again, I feel like the things being said about Bogi and JC are all pretty obvious. We're a team that's way underperforming and only have a few pieces to trade if we want to make a splash. And I missed any leak about Trae wanting to play with Simmons. 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, High5 said:

Again, I feel like the things being said about Bogi and JC are all pretty obvious. We're a team that's way underperforming and only have a few pieces to trade if we want to make a splash. And I missed any leak about Trae wanting to play with Simmons. 

There have been a bunch, imo.

Before Atlanta was highlighted in trade coverage, we got the report from Squawkers that TS was highly motivated to trade and would be very active trying to find deals this year.  That same week reports came out in the media saying the same thing.

Cam was highlighted as someone being discussed with nearly every team in the league before it was then reported by the media and Cam subsequently traded.

Mentioned first here that the Hawks were very interested in trading for Simmons.

Trae talking directly to the GM about trade ideas was highlighted and then subsequently specifically reported.  

Trae's interest in playing with Simmons was shared and later reported.

Discussions between the Hawks and specific teams was shared and then validated in the press.

As you say, the willingness to talk trade with other specific players was mentioned here first.  Some are low hanging fruit like Gallo and Bogi.  Some are less so (like Hunter and JC).  All players mentioned by our posters have been subsequently reported as being discussed by the Hawks with other teams in the press.

I could go on.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the problem is a lot of people only look at Hawksquawk for their Hawks news. All the stuff you think was posted first on here has been posted ad nauseam on Reddit for instance. So when I see all of that discussed on there and then come here and see people acting like they’re offering new information it’s weird.

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, High5 said:

I think the problem is a lot of people only look at Hawksquawk for their Hawks news. All the stuff you think was posted first on here has been posted ad nauseam on Reddit for instance. So when I see all of that discussed on there and then come here and see people acting like they’re offering new information it’s weird.

I'm not really seeing what difference it makes.   I'm not paying anyone for this information. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, High5 said:

You know I could say something but what's the point. Either you believe me and the other two guys or you don't. I'm tool old to gaf anymore. Just don't send me or anyone else death threats over it and we're good.

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not really seeing what difference it makes.   I'm not paying anyone for this information. 

It doesn't make a difference. The fantasy that we have 3 insiders on here and them constantly patting themselves on the back over their nothing leaks is just cringe to me. The most solid thing we have to work on from these years of "leaks" is the denial that Schlenk was interested in dumping Cam at low value and we saw what happened there. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, High5 said:

It doesn't make a difference. The fantasy that we have 3 insiders on here and them constantly patting themselves on the back over their nothing leaks is just cringe to me. The most solid thing we have to work on from these years of "leaks" is the denial that Schlenk was interested in dumping Cam at low value and we saw what happened there. 

Hard for me to think you aren't grinding an ax when you say something like this.  You literally had a bunch of solid things said on that same thread but the one missed prediction is the only thing you focus on.

You have to know that is an incredibly disingenuous way to describe this situation.  Like feel free to believe people here are just repeating something they saw on reddit or whatever but this is about the most slanted possible perspective you could offer.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

These are all falling away. That's not his normal setup. 

I agree, I don't know if he'll be comfortable taking off the ball 3s in volume, but I'm confident that he can improve over the offseason. He went from not taking midrange shots to being one of the best in the NBA at it. 

If you watch his college tape, he looked decent at it. Although it's fair to say that college defense is different than NBA defense.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hard for me to think you aren't grinding an ax when you say something like this.  You literally had a bunch of solid things said on that same thread but the one missed prediction is the only thing you focus on.

You have to know that is an incredibly disingenuous way to describe this situation.  Like feel free to believe people here are just repeating something they saw on reddit or whatever but this is about the most slanted possible perspective you could offer.

What I mean is that's one of the few specific things that has ever been mentioned that we can actually say was true or false. Normally it's just stating the obvious or speaking in broad terms and calling it a leak when anything happens.

• Moderators

I just like talking Hawks.  I don't care if someone made up something, stole it from somewhere or whatever.  That's their thing.   If it leads to good convo then i'm good with it.

I once played in a fantasy baseball league with just random strangers and some dude was running 3 teams in there and just trading guys between them to dominate.    Why he found that to be satisfying in anyway i have no idea but i can't control that.  I just moved on.  

• Haha 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, High5 said:

What I mean is that's one of the few specific things that has ever been mentioned that we can actually say was true or false. Normally it's just stating the obvious or speaking in broad terms and calling it a leak when anything happens.

I think there is some conflating of opinion and facts here but there are easily verifiable things that have been proven out so if you are going to describe what's happening you should at least acknowledge that.  Seems like you are trying to ignore the 5 things that pan out to focus only on the 1 that didn't.  

Things shared here before they were reported in the media on Cam:

Reports that TS is aggressively shopping.  Check.

Report that Cam is on the block.  Check.

Report that teams have made specific proposals for Cam.  Check.

Reports that Cam wants out.  Check.

Projected value for a Cam trade.  Miss.

Analysis:  The only thing that counts is the poster's interpretation of what value TS was seeking.

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think there is some conflating of opinion and facts here but there are easily verifiable things that have been proven out so if you are going to describe what's happening you should at least acknowledge that.  Seems like you are trying to ignore the 5 things that pan out to focus only on the 1 that didn't.  

Things shared here before they were reported in the media on Cam:

Reports that TS is aggressively shopping.  Check.

Report that Cam is on the block.  Check.

Report that teams have made specific proposals for Cam.  Check.

Reports that Cam wants out.  Check.

Projected value for a Cam trade.  Miss.

Analysis:  The only thing that counts is the poster's interpretation of what value TS was seeking.

I'm not giving credit for information that has been widely reported since last season. None of that came close to originating on here. Schlenk not entertaining those weak offers (much less being the one looking for them) is where the talk on here went against those reports and it ended up being wrong. And I'm not being critical in that regard because I didn't believe the reports either. But I also don't claim to have insider knowledge. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1