• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time for some Honesty.....

Diesel

Worst part of the trade...  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am in the "Wait and see" on this.  Knox may not be as bad as we were first told.  Not great but serviceable.  Then there is the draft pick we gained.  Wait and see what that turns into.  Hawks may keep or trade.  

Hated losing Cam.  He wanted out.  That makes a difference.  Solo is out for the remainder of the season and we gained a spot on our roster.  If he was playing it would have made a big difference.

:hi:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Solo was already gone.  Out for the year and contract expiring.

Cam is the loss of a very high upside player.  Whether the trade turns out to be a winner or not, losing Cam hurt.

Losing Cam..

It was his last game or one of his last games.. Cam looked like Crap.  I started to believe that Cam just wasn't trying.   Other posters said that this is what happens when you play with Trae...  You start to not have an effort.   I think that's not true.  Now learning that he has asked to be out, I'm starting to believe that maybe after giving a great effort and scoring 33.. he started to believe that the way he forces his way out is to not play well. 

Solo to me... is a guy who our guys need for toughness and wisdom.  He seems the type of player who can bridge the gap between coach and player.   For all of his shortcomings on the court, he was always in step with what Nate was trying to do.  That's why even now, I hope that there's room on the bench for him next season as a coach or a player coach.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

The time when I was sad about losing Solo was when he was injured for the year, not when he was traded.

To an extent.  But honestly, I didn't mind him not playing.  I think our young guys like Reddish and Hunter could use the run.  BUT I hoped that he would still be on the team.  Because he was always in step with Nate, I think Nate would have given him playing time with the young fellas sitting on the bench. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The other thing.

I was glad that he was not at the last NY game in Atlanta.

It pissed me off to see Reddish cheering for his new team openly.  3 goggles and all. 

He wasn't happy, you could tell. He was trying to fit in, but he was missing his ex.

Can't wait to turn this thing around and bust the Knicks ass again. They get on my nerves when we play.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

He wasn't happy, you could tell. He was trying to fit in, but he was missing his ex.

Can't wait to turn this thing around and bust the Knicks ass again. They get on my nerves when we play.

Actually, I think Cam can be good for them.  Not a star but with Thibbs, he can be like a 15 ppg player who becomes a defensive stopper. 

I think his failing will be him.  I don't know if Cam has it in him to work on his shortcomings.  I mean, I believe he will try to improve them but I don't see him going out of his way.  He has an I'm a finished product but I just dont get enough playing time with the right team kind of mentality.   If he's smart, he will try to learn as much as he can from Alec Burke.  Instead, I believe that he will fall into the boys club of Him Barrett, and Obi and will miss out on some of those lessons that can help him. 

I mean, when he was here, he and Hunter were inseparable.  Did he learn anything from Gallo, Solo, Lou, or Rondo?

• Like 1