• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

STAND PAT!!!!!!

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

I think we need a Draymond Green type player. Don't stand pat.

What are the available options? Ben and Draymond (next year)? Grant Williams?

Also known as a Ben Wallace and Dennis Rodman type player.

Nets want more PPG on offense so they are convinced by Landry of this traded:

image.thumb.png.4dd8fe41f54a1529c986d38354a306c4.png

No trade without 

1.   Making money on the deal.

2.   Getting rid of Bogi.

You add Bogi and Seth Curry to that deal and it's better for us. 

• 4 months later...

Apparently all the other NBA teams believed that Atlanta was under the mandate to sell and they could get a good Hawk player at a fire sale price.  Didn't happen, did it!

I know.  Seeing is believeing.  Can I trust my eyes about what I have seen, watching the film of all three players that we drafted?  I want to believe.  All three seem to fit into just what we need.

We had a full roster.  We just gained three.  Someone must go.  These three will probably open the season as part of the 3rd string.  Some will quickly work their way to 2nd.  Depends on who we keep.  Many current Hawks have been rumored to be available if the price is right.

There seems to be three different thoughts here about this draft:

1- A total failure.

2- May be all right.  Wait and see if - - 

3- Dang!  We done good!

If I can trust my eyes and believe whst I see, put me down as a #3 !!

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

• Like 1

So, are these new Hawks as good as we believe, after seeing the film and listening to our GM and hearing all the nice things we have heard from some of us with our rose colored glasses?

Throwing cold water on everything, we heard some say that, after the first three or four, all the others were trash.

:rtfm:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 6/23/2023 at 1:03 PM, HawkingAwesome said:

Can we get huerter back please 

Can we get huerter back please 

Honestly, I don't think we need him back.   We've replaced him.   Like him or not, Bey clearly replaces what we lost in Huerter with the exception of ball handling.  However, he brings more inside play.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

We didn't stand pat. We traded JC for a bag of chips. We got worse. 

While I don't disagree with you.  I think even from here, we can still be good.  Having a refreshed JC would be great but our FO brought a lot of stress to the team with their handling of him.  It's hard to be productive and collegial if you know that at any moment they would trade you for a bag of chips. 

We were totally wrong in our handling of JC and I don't fault him for saying anything he wants to say about our organization. 

• They asked him to sacrifice when we brought in Clint. 
  • They made him prove his worth after that. 
  • They gave him a contract and then spent years trying to openly trade him. 
  • They made schemes with him out of position.
  • They criticized him when he was injured. 
  • They put him in the worst positions on offense and then criticized him for not being who they wanted him to be. 

I suspect he will have a resurgence in Utah and we will regret what we have done. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

My apologies to @Spud2nique.  I'm like a horse with Blinders sometimes. 

No I was kidding my stand pat was from like 2 years ago. We are really either moving or standing pat so it comes up every 6 months anyways. Plus I didn’t ™️ Stand Pat :censored:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

While I don't disagree with you.  I think even from here, we can still be good.  Having a refreshed JC would be great but our FO brought a lot of stress to the team with their handling of him.  It's hard to be productive and collegial if you know that at any moment they would trade you for a bag of chips. 

We were totally wrong in our handling of JC and I don't fault him for saying anything he wants to say about our organization. 

• They asked him to sacrifice when we brought in Clint. 
  • They made him prove his worth after that. 
  • They gave him a contract and then spent years trying to openly trade him. 
  • They made schemes with him out of position.
  • They criticized him when he was injured. 
  • They put him in the worst positions on offense and then criticized him for not being who they wanted him to be. 

I suspect he will have a resurgence in Utah and we will regret what we have done. 

I think both parties will be better for it. Still I'll say it again I'm glad we atleast moved him to the West because I'm sure he'll inflict some revenge.

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No I was kidding my stand pat was from like 2 years ago. We are really either moving or standing pat so it comes up every 6 months anyways. Plus I didn’t ™️ Stand Pat :censored:

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 I just got thru rewatching game of zones and it reminds me of the part when every year someone would claim the new king of the East against LeBron before he went to the Lakers😆

I admire your honesty although I do remember that stand pat war cry like it was yesterday so I guess I forgot too🤣🤣

With Quinn, Bey, Trae/DJ chemistry actually become the DejounTrae we originally hoped for, a step forward from all of our youth and solid play from our vets (sounds like a lot but natural progressions so not too much to ask) and Patty Mills bringing that championship mindset/pedigree we have exactly what we need to do great things.

Let's just say it was before it's time but great timing now. Hopefully we didn't rub Hunter the way JC was rubbed or that he approaches it differently and destroys the league in his coming out party.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, sillent said:

Hopefully we didn't rub Hunter the way

We don't really need Hunter.   That's the problem on the books.  We have paid Hunter and his impactless play doesn't bode well for our future.  Every other player brings some form of impact.   With Hunter, we call him a good positional defender but we gain nothing from that.  He doesn't turn the ball over.  He doesn't rebound.. so while he may effect his opponents overall FG%, we give up the 2nd chance scoring opportunity and we end up losing.

You think SacTown would go for a Hunter for Barnes Trade?

It would save us money and bring in another player with Championship pedigree. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We don't really need Hunter.   That's the problem on the books.  We have paid Hunter and his impactless play doesn't bode well for our future.  Every other player brings some form of impact.   With Hunter, we call him a good positional defender but we gain nothing from that.  He doesn't turn the ball over.  He doesn't rebound.. so while he may effect his opponents overall FG%, we give up the 2nd chance scoring opportunity and we end up losing.

You're talking about last year's Hunter I guess where yes true the impact was less seen/felt.

Still we discredit some of the things Hunter has already brought us like his defense on the elite wings (Luka, Tatum, Durant)

You haven't seen this yrs Hunter. Let's see what a silent summer Hunter looks like this coming season and then we'll see if we have those same sentiments.

I believe this will be Hunter's breakout season. I'm sure people have probably said that before but I'm saying it now. 

This will be Hunter's breakout season and I for one would rather have him then go against him when he breaks out.

Edited by sillent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

AJ in his rookie year was more impactful than Dre in his 4th. It’s bad. He is a solid bench rotation player but giving him 30 minutes is not good.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sillent said:

You're talking about last year's Hunter I guess where yes true the impact was less seen/felt.

Still we discredit some of the things Hunter has already brought us like his defense on the elite wings (Luka, Tatum, Durant)

You haven't seen this yrs Hunter. Let's see what a silent summer Hunter looks like this coming season and then we'll see if we have those same sentiments.

I believe this will be Hunter's breakout season. I'm sure people have probably said that before but I'm saying it now. 

This will be Hunter's breakout season and I for one would rather have him then go against him when he breaks out.

Dude, Hunter is not going to make any impact.   He's a limiting force for us.  Let me explain.

We talk about his "great wing defense.". 

Let's go down the line.   

Luka.   He averaged 32.4, 8.6, and 8.. with 49.6% from the field and 34.2% from 3...

image.png

So there is some defense that was played but he still averages 26 ppg, 5.5 rpg, and 7.5apg with 42.5% and 25% respectively.

I wouldn't say that that was Shut down material. 

On to Tatum...

Tatum.  He averaged 30.1, 8.8, and 4.6 with 46.6% FG, and 35% 3pt..

image.png

26.5, 11.0, and 7.0 with 40.9% FG, and 33.3% 3pt.

Durant.  29.1, 6.7, and 5 with 56% FG and 40.4% 3pts.

image.png

30, 10, and 6  with 52.4% FG  and 27.3% from 3pt.

What is exactly the impact that you're championing??  That he can slow down some guys?

You shouldn't have even mentioned KD. 

I know.. small sample size... blah blah... all this other stuff.   The thing is we're putting him on the court and he's not impactful at all on the boards.   He doesnt force turnovers.  He doesn't score a lot.  He doesn't pass at all.   He can barely dribble. 

So all we're getting is that he slows his man down.  That's not enough. 

So from what I'm hearing about Hunter is he's reached his peak at 25.

That's sad if that's the case because most players don't even touch their prime until 26 and that can usually run to about 30/32 before they reach their peak.

All I'm saying if I'm wrong and y'all are right then that's sad for Hunter and he'd be who I thought he was when we originally drafted him.

So far Hunter has surprised me at every turn of my expectations and at this point I don't doubt that he will continue.

Believe me I get what y'all see. I'm sure Hunter knows what he needs/needed to work on as well.

I'd be highly surprised if he comes back the exact same player that we saw last yr especially going into the off season healthy but we'll see.

• Like 1