• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

STAND PAT!!!!!!

Spud2nique

I wrote this in the other thread but it’s more appropriate here since it’s standing pat for the most part………..

If we continue to play well I would still want to see a good trade just not a drastic one since we have to think about chemistry. With Hunter playing so well lately he has really stepped in and solved a few really big problems but it only stays fixed if he keeps doing what he’s been doing. With that said I really like the idea of playing Trae with a BIG lineup.

I wonder if we threw Bogi + a 1st rd pick at DET for Grant would they go for it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9dpw2vm

I’m ok with playing Hunter at the 2. In all honesty in this era the 2 and 3 are interchangeable in my opinion. For example if we are playing the wizards and Beal is just going in on us, who do you think McMillan is going to try throwing on him to try to slow him down???….exactly….hunter is our best perimeter defender that should guard a teams top perimeter player during important parts of the game if not all game.

If we Add in grant (who can’t shoot it like Bogi)…but has good overall game and way better defensive game I think we’d be a really good 2 way team.

Trae

Hunter

Grant

Collins

Capela or OO

IMAGINE this is your defensive lineup for the end of games .

Wright

Hunter

Grant

OO

Capela

Man!…and if teams go small OO at center insert Collins at the 4….

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It is very tempting.

858840415_225700.gif&ehk=DA3nt8tPNPlxZE9

Morey to Schlenk...

"Sure there are snakes, sure those eyes could be the death of you... but damn... just look at that face and that body!"

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Getting Simmons would require trading JC. Man that would be a brutally tough call. I was watching some Ben Simmons highlights today. He's not a good passer, he's a great passer. It is very tempting. I love JC though.

Wearing you down on this, huh?

Simmons would take us up several levels ... as long as the price isn't too high.

Another factor is, imho, Jalen Johnson could be Simmons 2.0 but with shooting ability. So, should we just wait for him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ask yourself, why hasn't Philly ever been able to come out of the East, despite being loaded with talent and dominating the regular season the last few years. Why do they not only get bounced out, but typically self destruct and embarrassed along the way? 

Now ask yourself, are those issues that you would like for us to inherit as we attempt to find healthy chemistry and success going forward?

Just say no to Ben

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Ask yourself, why hasn't Philly ever been able to come out of the East, despite being loaded with talent and dominating the regular season the last few years. Why do they not only get bounced out, but typically self destruct and embarrassed along the way? 

Now ask yourself, are those issues that you would like for us to inherit as we attempt to find healthy chemistry going forward.

The reason is JoeLLLL .... and Simmons shouldn't be your primary ballhandler.

Neither of those are issues here.

"But JoeLLLL is an MVP candidate, kg?"

Yeah but he's never been in good enough shape to last through a playoff run.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Getting Simmons would require trading JC. Man that would be a brutally tough call. I was watching some Ben Simmons highlights today. He's not a good passer, he's a great passer. It is very tempting. I love JC though.

I know what you mean I was doing the same thing the other day! But with Hunter playing like he is I think he can keep this up….hunter is doing exactly what was needed and giving us a bonus of actually making some good passes while attacking. OO, Delon, Capela, and even Lou have all made good passes these last 5 games…They aren’t playmakers like Trae or Ben of course but I will take it…..

we have to remember what sparked this whole thing however and the need for another player that can put the ball on the floor and break the defense down to score/pass  or getting a playmaker was a huge NEED. I think in terms of a SURE thing Hunter seems to be the guy that’s going to be able to do this majority nights along with Trae however I do still believe a trade is needed.

so due to how the team is playing as of late and to not mess up the chemistry too much I think Schlenk should be going after Jerami Grant….that’s a safe trade. Bogi and OKC 1st rd pick for Grant. 

Grant can’t shoot like Bogi but he’s a way better defender and attacker off the dribble that’s capable of hitting the 3 ball. Put more guys around Trae who can dribble and drive that’s capable of 3s….not just strictly jump shooters.

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Simmons would take us up several levels ... as long as the price isn't too high.

Another factor is, imho, Jalen Johnson could be Simmons 2.0 but with shooting ability. So, should we just wait for him?

It is, no lie. Imagine being in Schlenk's shoes. Morey makes an offer. It's a deal revolving around JC and other pieces (not OO or Hunter). I would be sweating bullets making that call. Everything would be on the line.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Jalen Johnson could be Simmons 2.0

Not sure about that. Jalen has versatility but not the kind Ben has, I’m not trying to put a ceiling on him but I think he’s a stretch 4 that will put it on the floor and be able to create shots for himself for sure, others, im not as sold.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not sure about that. Jalen has versatility but not the kind Ben has, I’m not trying to put a ceiling on him but I think he’s a stretch 4 that will put it on the floor and be able to create shots for himself for sure, others, im not as sold.

Agreed. Jalen is more Josh Smith than Ben Simmons. Prime Josh was a fringe all star so it is still a great pick up.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It is, no lie. Imagine being in Schlenk's shoes. Morey makes an offer. It's a deal revolving around JC and other pieces (not OO or Hunter). I would be sweating bullets making that call. Everything would be on the line.

With the way the team has responded, I'd be less likely to sell the farm.  I'd stick with a non-JC package and tell them to take it or leave it.  We may have stumbled on something with the post-trade bump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yeah, I hear you.  I think he can be a playmaking 4, certainly not the defender Simmons is though.  He's a good passer, not as good as Simmons.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

With the way the team has responded, I'd be less likely to sell the farm.  I'd stick with a non-JC package and tell them to take it or leave it.  We may have stumbled on something with the post-trade bump.

Yea, unfortunately a non JC offer won't get it done. The Kings or whoever could easily trump a Bogi/Gallo and picks type offer. Another factor to consider, is if there is a lower risk deal available that would be a difference maker for us. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

No flipping him again huh? 

1 hour ago, sturt said:

(That's what @JayBirdHawk wrote, and I'm 99.9% sure she's correct.)

He can't be combined with other players in trade for 2 months. He can only be traded by himself with picks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Look at you giving the young guy some respect.  These are my thoughts exactly. I was watching him in the g league last night and his playmaking ability is real.  He has to improve his handle to get to Ben's level though.  He also flashed some improved defense last night. 

Ben wasn't a good defender his first couple of years either. However, he became a monster around year three.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yea, unfortunately a non JC offer won't get it done. The Kings or whoever could easily trump a Bogi/Gallo and picks type offer. Another factor to consider, is if there is a lower risk deal available that would be a difference maker for us. 

Miami didn't have Lowry or Herro (potential 6th man of the year) out there. You gotta factor all this before we become prisoner of the moment. We could easily get blown out by Charlotte tomorrow and everyone's opinion here will change. Schlenk has to look long-term here more than short term.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ben wasn't a good defender his first couple of years either. However, he became a monster around year three.

Ben was 2nd in the NBA in Defensive Win Shares, Defensive Box Plus/Minus and 9th in Defensive Rating his "rookie" year (17-18).

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Jalen's playmaking is one of his best abilities.  He's not very good at breaking down the defense yet or playing in the half court. On the fast break, he's a monster though. 

He and Ben are different players.  Jalen Johnson isn't a stretch four. He's a playmaking four trying to develop into a stretch four and improve on the low post.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2