• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Gonna Talk About It ... New 2nd Unit

kg01

• Premium Member

I agree that there are likely multiple reasons but a toxic work environment can certainly bring everyone down.  Been there before unfortunately, and no matter how hard you try, it seems like you are always swimming upstream.  I am sure the guys are glad to have defined roles as Gallo was alluding to and playing team first rather than “I want that next contract” first.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I agree that there are likely multiple reasons but a toxic work environment can certainly bring everyone down.  Been there before unfortunately, and no matter how hard you try, it seems like you are always swimming upstream.  I am sure the guys are glad to have defined roles as Gallo was alluding to and playing team first rather than “I want that next contract” first.

Gallo has been the biggest beneficiary of Cam not being on the second unit chucking -- and he's been lights out for us through these past 5-6 games.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Can we give Lou Will some props too? He has also been playing much better these last few games.

I actually don’t mind seeing him out there these last 5 games. He’s been doing very well.

• Like 4

Nope let’s talk about it… 1st and 2nd units couldn’t run the offense with Cam hunting for his own shots, Cam pouted when he didn’t get enough playing time (threw a tantrum on the bench once and JC had to calm him down), had an inflated ego and overall just wasn’t a fit on the team.

I’m glad he was professional about requesting a trade but he still brought down the overall team chemistry. Even tho we lost the first two games after trading him we immediately looked like the Hawks from last season and now we’re on four game streak. Now I’m not gonna pretend like our record was entirely his fault especially with Covid and injuries but results don’t lie.

Lastly the obsession with his potential was the weirdest thing I’ve seen since I’ve been a fan. I got cussed out on another website for being glad he was gone lmao.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Q45T said:

Nope let’s talk about it… 1st and 2nd units couldn’t run the offense with Cam hunting for his own shots, Cam pouted when he didn’t get enough playing time (threw a tantrum on the bench once and JC had to calm him down), had an inflated ego and overall just wasn’t a fit on the team.

I’m glad he was professional about requesting a trade but he still brought down the overall team chemistry. Even tho we lost the first two games after trading him we immediately looked like the Hawks from last season and now we’re on four game streak. Now I’m not gonna pretend like our record was entirely his fault especially with Covid and injuries but results don’t lie.

Lastly the obsession with his potential was the weirdest thing I’ve seen since I’ve been a fan. I got cussed out on another website for being glad he was gone lmao.

This GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

29 minutes ago, Q45T said:

Oh, this is going to be the blame Cam thread. I see what's going on here. Bullshit. Not cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I joke... I joke.

But let me be serious. 

I think I have previously drawn a correlation to Cam's good games and Trae being on the court.   Cam only showed up when Trae was not playing.  If Cam ever becomes a star, it will be because he's a very high usage guy... IMO.

I do believe that he was looking for his shot when he came out with the 2nd team and this may have been because Travis told him to do so.  Who knows.  But we would be lying to ourselves if we said that the 2nd team is not playing better. 

They are playing much better. 

Many people thought that Delon was a bust... That Lou was washed up.  That Gallo should be traded.  

Well, we had exit Cam and exit TLC and looky looky... none of those things were true. 

We now have Depth.. both defensively and on offense. 

We can't deny the facts.  Cam and TLC are no longer playing and our 2nd team is cohesive and strong. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Oh, this is going to be the blame Cam thread. I see what's going on here. Bullshit. Not cool.

At this point, you have to admit the chemistry on both ends look much improved.

Again, I don't think all of this is Cam's fault.  We got Dre and OO back.  

Bogi being on one leg was hurting the defense.  He doesn't need to play until he is 100%

Cam may have been part of the problem. 

• Like 3