• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

โ€œ*โ€ Bonds ๐Ÿ’‰

Spud2nique

Eh, I got a lotta opinions about this.

a. IMHO, he was a HOFer even if you took just his PIT, pre-roid career so I think this is silly.

b. If he was nice to the reporters, they would've voted him in so this was as much about him showing them his whole a** as it was about the steroid thing. (same with Clemons)

c. Based on b, I don't think media people should have this much control over who's in/out of the HOF.ย  It's ok for all-star games to be popularity contests but not this.ย ย Guys shouldn't have to kiss punk-a** writers' a**es.ย  Them pencil-necks take pride in holding dudes hostage like this and it's not right.

I give you credit, @Spud2niqueย because you're consistent in disliking the steroid stuff.ย  But I don't believe that's why he wasn't voted in.ย  I think it's 100% revenge by the writers and the steroid stuff just gave them an excuse.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

....and didn't the guy who was voted in this year get popped for PEDs too?

David Ortiz, who was also linked to steroids, couldn't hold Bonds' dirty socks as a baseball player.ย  Bonds, on his worse day, was leaps and bounds better than Ortiz at his best.ย  That he's in and Bonds isn't should be embarrassing for that sport.

Stuff like is why I don't like baseball so much.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Yeah i didn't like Bonds but unless you're drawing a hard line on steroids, which they aren't, then he has to be in.ย  ย It's embarrassing frankly.ย ย 

And can we talk about Andruw Jones?ย  ย WTF.ย  ย He should be there.ย  ย Ortiz sits on his butt for 9 innings only to get up and take swings while Andruw is a dominant force for 10+ years in the OF and still hits over 400 HRs.ย ย 

I get that you can't elect some guys because it would open the doors for a ton of others based on stats but in this case you really don't have to worry about 10 gold gloves, 400 HR guys flooding the ballots.ย  ย There aren't very many.ย ย 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Eh, I got a lotta opinions about this.

a. IMHO, he was a HOFer even if you took just his PIT, pre-roid career so I think this is silly.

b. If he was nice to the reporters, they would've voted him in so this was as much about him showing them his whole a** as it was about the steroid thing. (same with Clemons)

c. Based on b, I don't think media people should have this much control over who's in/out of the HOF.ย  It's ok for all-star games to be popularity contests but not this.ย ย Guys shouldn't have to kiss punk-a** writers' a**es.ย  Them pencil-necks take pride in holding dudes hostage like this and it's not right.

I give you credit, @Spud2niqueย because you're consistent in disliking the steroid stuff.ย  But I don't believe that's why he wasn't voted in.ย  I think it's 100% revenge by the writers and the steroid stuff just gave them an excuse.

I got a lot, ok some, opinions on your umm.. opinions.ย 
ย 

a. Yes, his Pirate ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธ days were sick. One of the best hitters and all around forces in the game. That team with Drabek, Andy Van, Bobby โ€œdonโ€™t talk taaa meโ€ Bonilla and spanky hehe ๐Ÿ™ƒ Lavalliere the backup catcher, that lil fatty lol. No doubt though, I agree here.

b. Pretty much, he was a d*ck and a liar ๐Ÿคฅ and the court cases, just didnโ€™t go well, he kept lying and defending his lies so it just snowballed and the old writers were just waiting for him to slip up and he played right into their hands.

c. Agreed. These old dudes love Babe Ruth and Cobb. I also donโ€™t like writer power, they are writers they are not baseball evaluators, if anything they are the mall cops ๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™‚๏ธ of the baseball world, prolly not good enough to hack it so they do the next best thing, judge others. Itโ€™s like that scene in White Castle where Kumar took a couple guesses on why the cop became a cop. Lol. (See below)

d. Thanks, Iโ€™ve been bodybuilding, body training all my life and always wanted to give 100% of what I had and nothing artificial. I realize in todays world itโ€™s hard to keep an even playing field but it seems fair to at least still try.

Also, and note this, I HATE the GIANTS, NINERS AND WARRIORS and always will.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Bonds not being in the HOF is the result of Cancel Culture and is a travesty.ย 

First they ignore his record openly.ย 

Secondly, they have let everybody else who has been caught juicing into the Hall.ย 

Third, they have never proved that he used.ย  They have leaked grand jury testimony.ย  ย That's a lot different that proof in a legitimate trial.ย  That's a lot different than testing positive.ย 

SO if you cover up his name and just put his stats and accolades on paper... and asked a baseball expert if this is a HOF career... they will be forced to say Yes.ย 

But David Ortiz...ย  Who was no Barry Bonds.ย  Used Steroids..ย  1st Ballot Hall of Famer.ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Bonds not being in the HOF is the result of Cancel Culture and is a travesty.ย 

First they ignore his record openly.ย 

Secondly, they have let everybody else who has been caught juicing into the Hall.ย 

Third, they have never proved that he used.ย  They have leaked grand jury testimony.ย  ย That's a lot different that proof in a legitimate trial.ย  That's a lot different than testing positive.ย 

SO if you cover up his name and just put his stats and accolades on paper... and asked a baseball expert if this is a HOF career... they will be forced to say Yes.ย 

But David Ortiz...ย  Who was no Barry Bonds.ย  Used Steroids..ย  1st Ballot Hall of Famer.ย 

ย 

ย 

Most of this is true and I hate Bonds.ย  ย But Clemons isn't in the Hall either for similar reasons and there may be some others.ย  ย It's definitely a stupid system.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Most of this is true and I hate Bonds.ย  ย But Clemons isn't in the Hall either for similar reasons and there may be some others.ย  ย It's definitely a stupid system.

Yeah that's the only part of dies-o's testimony that falls short. Clemons and Bonds are the only two they chose to punish.ย  Whole thing is hypocritical.

Are you keeping him out because he used (based on you somehow knowing this) or because he didn't give you the exclusive to his admission/apology?

Basketball's hall is dumb as well but even they're not this backwards.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

To this day... Bond has never been caught using Steroids and has never admitted to using steroids knowingly.ย  ย Moreover, no proof has ever been offered that states that Bond was using steroids.ย  He was not implicated by Balco.ย  He was not implicated by Greg Anderson.ย  Only a grand Jury testimony that was linked by somebody else's defense attny suggests that he could have unknowingly taken steroids.

However, because of the media's great hate for Bonds (founded while he was still with the Pirates), they have made this steroids claim stick as FACT.

Bonds perjury case was thrown out... and the appellate court overturned a ruling that a previous court had given.

Everytime the HR record is mention, Bonds name is never mentioned.ย 

Now he won't be a HOFer.ย 

This is the biggest smear campaign in the History of Sports.ย  It makes Kaepernick look like nothing.ย 

ย 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This is the biggest smear campaign in the History of Sports.ย  It makes Kaepernick look like nothing.ย 

ย 

Hmm.ย  I'm not sure about that.ย  We're talking about a guy who got to enjoy everything a HOF baseball career has to offer including huge recognition when he broke the record.ย  ย Yeah he's being denied having his name in some building but not sure that's some kind of significant injustice.ย  Im guessing he's still enjoying his gold plated swimming pool.ย  ย 

• Like 1

If Bonds wasnโ€™t a Giant I wish he got in. For me, keeping out a Giant in MLB is like keeping out a Celtic or Warrior from .. well anything.ย 
ย 

On the home run debate though, there is no debate.

HANK> bondsย 

ALLLLLLWAYYYYSSS.ย 
ย 

ps I started watching baseball in the early 80โ€™s when I lived in H town and followed the Stros as a kid cuz it was the home team. I never saw Hank play, Iโ€™ve read a lot and been fascinated with sports history though and Hank is the home run king ๐Ÿ‘‘ย 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Hmm.ย  I'm not sure about that.ย  We're talking about a guy who got to enjoy everything a HOF baseball career has to offer including huge recognition when he broke the record.ย  ย Yeah he's being denied having his name in some building but not sure that's some kind of significant injustice.ย  Im guessing he's still enjoying his gold plated swimming pool.ย  ย 

Lemme help you understand.

Bond's court trials lasted from 2005 - 2015.ย  10 years of having to pay high priced lawyers to keep you out of Jail because a defense atty leaked sealed documents from a grand jury investigation to the SF Chronicle.ย  I doubt he still has the gold plated pool.ย 

But aside from that.

His life's work has been totally erased from history.ย  ย Now.. the world is saying Barry Bonds never hit 762 homeruns.ย  ย Barry Bonds never had 1996 RBIs.ย  ย Barry Bonds never had 600+ more walks than strikeouts.ย  ย He had an on base percent of 60.9.ย  ย What??ย  Never gets a mention.ย  One of the only player to ever be intentionally walked with the bases loaded.ย  ย You'd never hear about it.ย 

Why...

A smear campaign.

ย 

ย 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

ย 

On the home run debate though, there is no debate.

HANK> bondsย 

ALLLLLLWAYYYYSSS.ย 
ย 

ps I started watching baseball in the early 80โ€™s when I lived in H town and followed the Stros as a kid cuz it was the home team. I never saw Hank play, Iโ€™ve read a lot and been fascinated with sports history though and Hank is the home run king ๐Ÿ‘‘ย 

Why??ย  Because Bonds was suspected of using PEDs?

Hank Aaron played for 23 yrs.ย  ย Rest his soul.ย  BUT Barry Broke his homerun record.ย  even under suspicion of using PEDs.. Barry Broke the record.ย  ย The Smear campaign have people believing that the MLB caught Barry using Steroids.ย  ย MLB has never caught Barry using PEDs and neither has anybody else.ย 

• Premium Member

The one thing that really annoyed me about this was - NOBODY cared about the steroid stuff when McGwire broke Hanks record, it was a big celebration, then along comes Bonds - then it was all about how sacred Hanks record was.

• Sad 1

• Moderators

Hank is just the King period.ย  On and off the field.ย  It probably hurts Bonds even more that he broke the record of a true American hero.ย  Not sports hero but hero hero.ย ย 

But as much as i love Hank and as much as i think Bonds HR record deserves 20 ***, denying him the HOF is just petty and stupid.ย  ย But seems like that's what the process is.ย  ย Looks like ARod probably going down too.ย  ย 

It's crazy to think how many users are in already though.ย ย 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It's like this Spud. IF somebody said you did something... and there was no proof that you did do it.ย  ย And 1000 people said you did it.ย  ย and 10,000 people said that you did it.ย  ย And 1,000,000 people said you did it.ย  ย and 10,000,000 people said that you did it.ย 

ย And after time, it just became Fact.ย  ย How would you feel?

Let's make it hit home.ย  if 10,000,000 people agreed that you used PEDs in your bodybuilding.ย  ย And it became Fact.ย  No matter how much you argued the contrary, nobody believed you or took your side...ย ย 
How would you feel?

ย