• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

My favorite non Hawk player and my favorite west coast team comes calling tonight.  I hope Tyrese Haliburton has a great game in a losing cause tonight.  (Unless he stays here after the game.)

:sun:

LW3 - Great writeup, as usual!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

They then let Fox’s former backup, Cory Joseph, carve them up with nine assists to close out the homestand last Wednesday with a loss to Detroit, blowing an 11 point lead with under six minutes remaining (don’t laugh, Washington). Now the Kings (18-31, 3-6 on back ends of back-to-backs), in a sour mood, are seeking to scratch out their first road win since December 1.

Oddly, until last night’s 128-75 washout loss in Boston (Fox was withheld from the game, Gentry saving up his lead scorer’s sore ankle for today), the Kings have played more competitively in defeat under Gentry. From the start of their November funk through the end of December, Sacramento suffered through 14 double-digit defeats in 23 games. Last night’s Beantown beatdown was just their third loss by 10 or more points in this month (3-9 in January).

Kings are definitely gonna be hungry after their 53-point loss and will be looking to take it out on us (even if Fox is still held out). Hawks have not fared well this season after 2 days of rest so we've gotta wake up and take control early!

Hope Bogi's probable status gets upgraded so he gets to play and light up his former employer! GO HAWKS!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Do I even need to mention who much we must win this F-ing game?  Do I?

Anything worse than 3-0 this week would be a disappointment.   2-1 would be a minor disappointment I can live with.  1-2 or worse and I start cutting myself like a depressed teenage girl.

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

They’re not exactly 2 Live Crew,

Oh baby. :dance:

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

it's good to be the King

:applause: nice write up lw3! 

image.gif.1c7cb99edeaa781407fd766b453e7d40.gif

Go Hawks! 

Vegas has Hawks -10, wow. I got them by 21! (For Nique)

3E40110B-A03D-4C6D-A392-50FF8F26EB74.jpeg

23AB9AFA-033E-4E64-A130-3E57212E400C.jpeg

BC8F97B6-EE34-42B1-AEC9-C95C8D105A82.jpeg

8A140793-8783-4431-8CB9-45777BC222EA.jpeg

E19C0C0E-23EE-4F65-B2E4-7A57F7315926.jpeg

A3AF503A-6486-4696-9717-8147D6C9DB0B.jpeg

73F887BC-D830-4C88-ABD8-F9EC68E0C5C1.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

I don't understand why we keep recalling Sharife and JJ. They know they ain't playing. We know they ain't playing, the other team knows they ain't playing. Lol

I sadly agree! There are possible minutes up for grabs with Hunter and TLC currently questionable, but the sailing between 2 ships has really hurts their development. Especially Cooper:

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2022/01/25/atlanta-hawks-sharife-cooper-problem/

Here's to a blowout and some valuable playing time for these 2 tonight! GO HAWKS!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

My favorite non Hawk player and my favorite west coast team comes calling tonight.  I hope Tyrese Haliburton has a great game in a losing cause tonight.  (Unless he stays here after the game.)

:sun:

LW3 - Great writeup, as usual!!

They are also my favorite west coast team...

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

There'll be no Metu Movement tonight.

Fox remains a gametime decision. Our ol' pal Damian Jones also was questionable with a sore ankle ahead of yesterday's game in Boston, but played 18 minutes and is off the injury list for today.

~lw3

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, terrell said:

I don't understand why we keep recalling Sharife and JJ. They know they ain't playing. We know they ain't playing, the other team knows they ain't playing. Lol

Practice body.  Hawks had 2 days off for a real practice and with guys limited need bodies...CP doesn't play again until Friday.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, lethalweapon3 said:

As of the 6:30 Boo-Boo Report, TLC has been upgraded to Available. The better news? So has Bogi and De'Andre.

~lw3

So we have an ALL AVAILABLE squad...no one on the injury report.  Is it the 1st time this season?

• Like 4