• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I wish we would have kept that thread title.  It was one of the best titles to a thread ever.  

I liked Cam, but I genuinely hated that thread title. I am a huge NFL fan, and that Randy Moss comparison never made any sense to me at all. The fact we ran with it was the bane of my existence lol

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Cam is currently trending #14 in the USA on Twitter . . . because he shot 2 - 6 FG . . . but made a 3, had a nice drive and 1, and got a block.

Knicks fans going crazy.

The media coverage of him since he went to NY is infuriating. I was already upset after the trade. And yes I'm still salty about all of this.

🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

The media coverage of him since he went to NY is infuriating. I was already upset after the trade. And yes I'm still salty about all of this.

🤣

I hate trading with NY or LA teams. They always ignore our players when we have them, but as soon as they get to a big market, they become the best thing since sliced bread.

Disgusting.

• Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I liked Cam, but I genuinely hated that thread title. I am a huge NFL fan, and that Randy Moss comparison never made any sense to me at all. The fact we ran with it was the bane of my existence lol

My Dad's family is from Minnesota and I'm a huge Vikings fan.  That Randy Moss rookie year was one of my favorite Viking seasons of all time. 

Saying Cam's rookie year would be the next Randy Moss rookie season is insane.  You are basically saying Cam would be an instant superstar.  What actually happened means this was one of the worst predictions of all time.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We still have the Trae thread with the random nicknames no one has ever used lol 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can't imagine seeing Bogd and Hield every day and coming away thinking I'd rather pay Budd-e.

I can't fathom how he's iiuc #2 in total 3's made or something this year.  Like, how?  When?

He stays chucking lol the most impressive person to me this year shooting 3s has been patty mills.  I don't know when he became such a sharpshooter but he's making 3.2 a game on 43%.  Hield is at 3.4 a game on 38%

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I can't imagine seeing Bogd and Hield every day and coming away thinking I'd rather pay Budd-e.

I can't fathom how he's iiuc #2 in total 3's made or something this year.  Like, how?  When?

Buddy had one season where he looked unstoppable.   He was shooting 48% and 43% from 3 and putting up 8 3s per game.  He was in the Steph Curry Realm with his three point shooting.   Then he got Luke Walton'd.

Sometimes a coach can mess up a player. 

14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Buddy had one season where he looked unstoppable.   He was shooting 48% and 43% from 3 and putting up 8 3s per game.  He was in the Steph Curry Realm with his three point shooting.   Then he got Luke Walton'd.

Sometimes a coach can mess up a player. 

Coach ain't there anymore tho?  Looks disinterested.  Also looks a little pudgy and slow - that's not on the coach.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:09 PM, cam1218 said:

First, a huge huge thank you to @HawksNWafflesfor the seats. With work and (mainly) kids I haven’t been able to actually attend a game since we were playing in what was called Philips.

The second quarter was great. I had a feeling we would get something going after Lou dunked, it just took some time. Okongwu was special to watch in person, at least for this game. He spent so much energy defensively and his offense was so easy and smooth. He got the crowd going multiple times.

I’d like to add some stuff about Collins too. He was the only player really talking on D. His complaining was also at better times, not during live ball situations like many of our guys do. I also noticed during warmups he was going around to multiple players, helping CC and OO by playing soft defense on their warmup shots, putting a hand up for our shooters, laughing and setting a mood. He spent some time with Knox too, and was the only player who went out of their way to make him feel involved. This is why I don’t want him gone, his value extends way beyond the court.

Last note, it was great seeing Bogi back. He was chirping at the Kings bench too lol. I think some here forgot how good he was down the stretch last year once he got acclimated and healthy. 

Great insight.  I haven’t been to a game in forever but I always enjoyed the “behind the scenes” stuff too.  Add the Jc element to the chemistry and that shit starts bubbling and turning fluorescent colors lol.  

• Like 1