• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another Jake Fischer Article

Mikey

Another Jake Fischer article. Below you can find a summary of what he said for the Hawks:

• JC and Gallo appear most likely players to see a change in scenery 
  • Bogi has appeared in conversations with rival teams as well. All three (Bogi, JC, Gallo) have appeared in ben simmons conversations
  • a team contacted by the hawks regarding JC said the hawks were only seeking a valuable first round pick and a starting caliber player. Other teams believe we could draw a higher return
  • Jerami grant has been frequently mentioned as a primary trade target. Hawks called about Derrick White as well. 
  • Hawks considered moving reddish and huerter for marcus smart before they dealt cam.
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, sturt said:

There is no friggin way you can persuade me that this is anything but click bait, and rooted at best in conversations had before or about the same time as the Cam trade.

Schlenk believed in the team he built preseason. He has no itchy trigger finger in the midst of a winning streak, in my not-so-humble opinion. He's letting this play out, and only if he's overwhelmed by some offer from another team--unlikely--is he going to be persuaded to do anything that would potentially upset the mojo of this team.

I dont think he actually believed in the team he build preseason. More so he brought everybody back because its better than the alternative (letting assets walk for free). He has always said that a consolidation deal was a part of the plan and seems like right now they accumulating assets to do so

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sturt said:

There is no friggin way you can persuade me that this is anything but click bait, and rooted at best in conversations had before or about the same time as the Cam trade.

Schlenk believed in the team he built preseason. He has no itchy trigger finger in the midst of a winning streak, in my not-so-humble opinion. He's letting this play out, and only if he's overwhelmed by some offer from another team--unlikely--is he going to be persuaded to do anything that would potentially upset the mojo of this team.

That's a lot of assumption.  I guess we can only speculate until we get a reliable report on how much his thinking has changed due to our improved play.  Or if a trade happens we'll know for sure it hasn't changed.  

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I dont think he actually believed in the team he build preseason.

That, then, would be the precise tipping point of disagreement between you and me, my friend.

Best I can grant you is that, even as he acknowledged the excitement over what the 2021 team achieved and was himself excited, in the next breath he seemed to want to temper the excitement with words that went something like, "You can be a great team, but in the NBA that doesn't automatically deliver you to your conference finals every year."

But when asked how he thought the team could be improved, he had only one answer in the off-season as far as anything I ever read or heard (and I don't miss much, even though I don't live in GA)... upgrade at back-up PG.

That was it.

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He has always said that a consolidation deal was a part of the plan

You'll have to provide that for me to read for myself.

I've read no shortage of bloggers and media and fans stating that that was part of their plan... what they thought needed to happen.

I've never read or heard the ATL GM saying anything like that.

The closest he's ever come to saying anything like that wasn't even in the vein of suggesting a trade. It was in the lead-up to the off-season before he signed BogBog and Gallo, when everyone was so bullish on the idea that the roster was now complete, in light of how Dre and Cam had performed in their rookie season, seeming all but certain to have cemented every starting slot with a "young core" member.

It was then that the ATL GM said that he was going into free agency expecting to sign players who would not just fill out the bench (as some were advocating), but who would be legitimate options as starters.

(And he did just that, of course.)

He has never, as far as I'm aware (feel free to educate me, sincerely), stated a consolidation deal was part of the plan. Neither is that something one can look back at his GSW experience and allege happened there.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

That's a lot of assumption. 

Be fair. I said exactly that as I chose to insert the words...

41 minutes ago, sturt said:

There is no friggin way you can persuade me

... ie, me... maybe others, but not me...

and...

12 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

in my not-so-humble opinion

The opinion is my own. And yeah, I say it with my chest, even though you don't get to see my chest... hehe... well... and you should thank me for that much.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

@Mikey nothing aimed at you, you're just posting his rumors

Yes... that's me, too. I should have qualified my earliest post... not "No friggin way you can persuade me" as personal, but instead, "universal" you.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Rumors about Cam getting traded were true.

Well, yes. But also no.

"Yes," they were true on the face of it... Schlenk was indeed engaging teams to try to move him.

But "no," to the degree that those rumors presumed it was Schlenk looking to move him because it originally was Schlenk's idea... that was, we now know, the player's behind closed doors request.

So, I don't take that as meaningful to this since I don't have any reason to presume any of these players are like Cam in that way.

As said... and as Schlenk himself strongly intimated prior to the Cam trade... he was wondering aloud whether his presumptions about the need to bring this team back mostly intact were just him fooling himself... and so I have no doubt that there was plausibly merit to these Fischer rumors that @Mikey has cited.

Past tense.

I... me... just my opinion... see no way that Schlenk is talking today in any serious way about moving any of the key pieces of this roster, though due diligence demands that he always listen in case that jaw-dropping offer is ever made, of course.

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'd stand pat. I don't understand how trading for Simmons who makes a lot more money than Collins helps us "keep everyone else"

Because Simmons is the better player, 3 time all star with a very unique skill set. One of the best passers and defenders in the game. But (and this is a big but) he can't shoot. We should we sell the farm for him? Hell no. But a Simmons trade is plausible although not likely.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Because Simmons is the better player, 3 time all star with a very unique skill set. One of the best passers and defenders in the game. But (and this is a big but) he can't shoot. We should we sell the farm for him? Hell no. But a Simmons trade is plausible although not likely.

If Simmons is better than Collins overall it isn't by much. Certainly not 50% better, which is what he is getting paid.

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, Sothron said:

About the consolidation trade that is something that our owner said was likely to happen in an interview either this offseason or last season. Basically said we can't afford to pay everyone or keep everyone with how deep the team is. So a consolidation trade to save us against the luxury tax is always a possibility. 

I believe I heard that first sentence, and the second.

I do not recall him saying the third.

Indeed, I think it would have been huuuuuuge news if the owner had been that matter-of-fact, since it was huge news when he said that he doesn't mind going into the tax at that point when we've clearly established ourselves as title contenders....

2022-01-27_10-54-25.png

2022-01-27_10-55-51.png

• Premium Member

The consolidation trade is the natural logical conclusion that if you aren't/can't pay everyone or play everyone then you bundle them up for one better player. I don't know if Ressler ever used those two words together. I do want to say Travis said it on a radio interview at some point but that could be my faulty memory.

28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The consolidation trade is the natural logical conclusion that if you aren't/can't pay everyone or play everyone then you bundle them up for one better player. I don't know if Ressler ever used those two words together. I do want to say Travis said it on a radio interview at some point but that could be my faulty memory.

He has definitely said it multiple times in interviews on the radio and during the offseason pressers he has provided. I have work so I haven't been able to look it up but he has dropped this multiple times 

• Like 1