• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is JC being linked to so many trade rumors?

swanlee

This seens crazy, we just re signed him for the long term, I thought these rumors would die now.

Hes still really young with upside and he seems willing to adapt to whatever role we ask of him.

So what is the deal? Is it all just clickbait or is sonething real going on behind the scenes?

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, swanlee said:

This seens crazy, we just re signed him for the long term, I thought these rumors would die now.

[B]Hes still really young with upside and he seems willing to adapt to whatever role we ask of him.[/b]

So what is the deal? Is it all just clickbait or is sonething real going on behind the scenes?

That's trade value and comes at a premium. His value on the trade market is higher than his value on the court. Thus rumours and rumours of rumors 

• Premium Member

Teams are leaking fake crap about the Hawks "wanting a starter and a first rounder" for Collins to artificially damage his value and the Hawks stance. I don't see him being traded for anything less than a star player. John has said numerous times he wants to stay in Atlanta.

• Thanks 1

Latest on hoop hype says Atlanta seeking a young starter and a first round pick.

That we could probably live with but who would do this?  

I*n other words, he ain't going anywhere.

:sun:

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, swanlee said:

Is it all just clickbait

Pardon the dripping cynicism over here.

There are individuals in the internet age whose incomes partially or in whole are connected to clicks.

Consider the options that are available right now to those individuals.

Ben Simmons tedium set in weeks ago.

No one really gets that excited about Jerami Grant.

Otoh.... who can't get excited about John Collins???

Never mind that, as was just pointed out to me, the "JC is frustrated" talk, though technically valid... it was technically valid weeks ago now... and don't miss the "technically" in "technically valid"... yes, he said he was frustrated, but there was context that few seem to be especially interested to acknowledge...

“I’m not sitting here complaining and saying I need more touches of the ball, or I need to score more points or need more shots. I’ve never complained about that,” Collins said. “All I’ve said, specifically, if there’s a way that I feel like is beneficial for everybody — and not just myself — is for us to be used in the correct way. That’s the angle I’m taking. If I’m saying it, it’s for us. I just want to be put in the best position to succeed, and that’s it. I feel like I’ve sacrificed and have continued to sacrifice as much as I can for the team. I just want to make sure that’s clear.”

And...

On whether he has had second thoughts about his desire to remain with the Hawks long-term:

“No. That’s why it’s frustrating when I’m mentioned in those kinds of (trade rumors). It always makes my fans, teammates and the organization not know where I might stand. I can’t be responsible for how someone feels when they’re processing what they’re reading. What I’m upset about is, sometimes, I can’t control my own narrative. I do my best to do so, but it’s part of the job. In terms of the Hawks and Atlanta, I don’t need to talk about it because I’ve talked about it enough. This is where I want to be.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... pipe down, John. We're trying to get some clicks here."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, High5 said:

Because if you want someone like Simmons (or if people suggesting trades think you want that) then you need JC’s talent and contract to make it work.

Why would we trade JC for a broken player with serious mental problems and a locker room cancer? who we also embarrassed last season? JC's defense is certainly good enough to not send him packing for someone like Simmons.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Why would we trade JC for a broken player with serious mental problems and a locker room cancer? who we also embarrassed last season? JC's defense is certainly good enough to not send him packing for someone like Simmons.

I was just answering your question. I don’t want Simmons.