• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tari Eason, the only prospect in the low lottery that fits Trae Young

NBASupes

Sure you got guys in the top 5 but those aren't in our range. Eason is, he could end up a mover but I doubt it, he just doesn't have the upside. He's my top guy even if I am generally not a fan of this type, at this point. Fitting Trae is all I am looking for

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• NBASupes changed the title to Tari Eason, the only prospect in the low lottery that fits Trae Young
  • Premium Member

The Hawks FO thinking has to be to construct the best team around Trae. Not the best team that also has Trae in it. You might think I'm saying the same thing but trust me I am not. We need an elite center that can score to play with Trae and every player on the court with him has to be a good or better level defender. 

I would do whatever it took in the offseason to S&T to get Ayton and get Simmons off the Nets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like this thread because it gives me a chance to go to wahr with my guy, supes.

LSU destroyed my beloved Jackets this year.  It was like that time @Spud2nique demolished his nephew on a nerf hoop.  What LSU did to my Jackets in that 2nd half came with a 90's-style "Parental Advisory" label.

That said, I was not impressed by any of their players from an NBA standpoint.

They're all too big/fast/strong for "college".  But, newsflash, everybody (relatively speaking) in the NBA is big/fast/strong.

My scouts eye didn't see a 'plan B' in their repertoires once they realize they can't just jump over/through dudes.  I can see them getting Bagley'd.

• Haha 3

Eason has been near the top of my very short list so far in this year’s draft due to his fit with Trae. I see him best as a wing, but he’ll need transition/development time like Hunter did. He’s a high usage player when LSU’s dealt with injuries and has shown ability to be an attacking shot creator (he’s creative), but polish is necessary to become less predictable (no left hand, use more passing vision, etc). His defensive awareness and communication have potential to be special. What sold me on him is his energy, physicality, and fearlessness (very enforcer like).

If we draft Eason and get a more offensive minded Center, watch out!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm an LSU fan so I'm familiar.  Like him a lot, great athlete who plays very hard and can finish around the basket and plays defense.  definitely the DNA we need on this team of panzies.

Don't know if he can spread the floor at all though, don't seem to recall him shooting from 3 much at all this season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, shakes said:

I'm an LSU fan so I'm familiar.  Like him a lot, great athlete who plays very hard and can finish around the basket and plays defense.  definitely the DNA we need on this team of panzies.

Don't know if he can spread the floor at all though, don't seem to recall him shooting from 3 much at all this season.

Exactly my point.  Hes an athlete, which is fine.  But, as we see with capela, you reach a point where thats not enough.

And we don't have time to wait.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Exactly my point.  Hes an athlete, which is fine.  But, as we see with capela, you reach a point where thats not enough.

And we don't have time to wait.

Finding guys who can be plug from from the 3 spot is extremely difficult. 

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Sure you got guys in the top 5 but those aren't in our range. Eason is, he could end up a mover but I doubt it, he just doesn't have the upside. He's my top guy even if I am generally not a fan of this type, at this point. Fitting Trae is all I am looking for

No wonder you love him..

Look who he's compared to..😀

https://hoop-social.com/2022-nba-draft

1. Jaden Ivey- 20: 6’4 200 Guard Purdue Comp= Donovan Mitchell
  2. Chet Holmgren- 20: 7’1 200 Big Gonzaga. Comp= smaller but better passing KP.
  3. Jabari Smith jr- 19: 6’10 210 Front Court Auburn. Comp= Rashard Lewis but stronger.

Tier 2: One Way Dominators

1. Paolo Banchero- 19: 6’9 240 Point Big Duke (Italy) Comp= Domantas Sabonis 
  2. Jalen Duren- 18: 6’10 241 Big Memphis Comp= More Athletic and Defense minded Jermaine O’Neil

Tier 3: Exciting options

1. Kendall Brown- 19: 6’8 210 Wing Baylor. Comp= Smaller AK47
  2. Adrian Griffin Jr.- 19: 6’7 180 Wing Duke Comp= Jimmy Butler lite 

Tier 4: Lotto Talents

1. Bennedict Mathurin- 20: 6’5 195 Wing Arizona (Canada). Comp= QRich 
  2. Jaden Hardy- 19: 6’5 185 Wing G-League. Comp= Buddy Hield. 
  3. Tyty Washington- 20: 6’3 175 Guard Kentucky. Comp= Brandon Knight Ish
  4. Johnny Davis- 20: 6’5 200 Wing Wisconsin. Comp= Kevin Martin ish

Keegan Murray- 22: 6’8 215 Forward Iowa. Comp= Mo Harkless

1. Tari Eason- 21: 6’8 215 Forward LSU. Comp= Cam Reddish
  2. Marjon Beauchamp- 21: 6’7 225 Wing Ignite. Comp= Josh Howard

Tier 6: Young First Rounders 

1. Jean Montero- 19: 6’2 180 Point Overtime Elite (Dominican Republic). Comp= Something between Schröder and Fox.
  2. JD Davidson- 19: 6’3 175 Guard Alabama. Comp= Dennis Smith jr.
  3. Trevor Keels- 19: 6’4 221 Guard Duke. Comp= Anfernee Simons on steroids
Edited by terrell
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I love his high motor......It looks like he has a great feel for the game on defense....Gonna have to watch a few LSU games..Didnt think we'd be in this position this season...:sad:

4 hours ago, terrell said:

No wonder you love him..

Look who he's compared to..😀

https://hoop-social.com/2022-nba-draft

1. Jaden Ivey- 20: 6’4 200 Guard Purdue Comp= Donovan Mitchell
  2. Chet Holmgren- 20: 7’1 200 Big Gonzaga. Comp= smaller but better passing KP.
  3. Jabari Smith jr- 19: 6’10 210 Front Court Auburn. Comp= Rashard Lewis but stronger.

Tier 2: One Way Dominators

1. Paolo Banchero- 19: 6’9 240 Point Big Duke (Italy) Comp= Domantas Sabonis 
  2. Jalen Duren- 18: 6’10 241 Big Memphis Comp= More Athletic and Defense minded Jermaine O’Neil

Tier 3: Exciting options

1. Kendall Brown- 19: 6’8 210 Wing Baylor. Comp= Smaller AK47
  2. Adrian Griffin Jr.- 19: 6’7 180 Wing Duke Comp= Jimmy Butler lite 

Tier 4: Lotto Talents

1. Bennedict Mathurin- 20: 6’5 195 Wing Arizona (Canada). Comp= QRich 
  2. Jaden Hardy- 19: 6’5 185 Wing G-League. Comp= Buddy Hield. 
  3. Tyty Washington- 20: 6’3 175 Guard Kentucky. Comp= Brandon Knight Ish
  4. Johnny Davis- 20: 6’5 200 Wing Wisconsin. Comp= Kevin Martin ish

Keegan Murray- 22: 6’8 215 Forward Iowa. Comp= Mo Harkless

1. Tari Eason- 21: 6’8 215 Forward LSU. Comp= Cam Reddish
  2. Marjon Beauchamp- 21: 6’7 225 Wing Ignite. Comp= Josh Howard

Tier 6: Young First Rounders 

1. Jean Montero- 19: 6’2 180 Point Overtime Elite (Dominican Republic). Comp= Something between Schröder and Fox.
  2. JD Davidson- 19: 6’3 175 Guard Alabama. Comp= Dennis Smith jr.
  3. Trevor Keels- 19: 6’4 221 Guard Duke. Comp= Anfernee Simons on steroids

He's not like Cam at all. If I had to give him a comp, I would say James Posey

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's not like Cam at all. If I had to give him a comp, I would say James Posey

Yeah I dont really see Cam either..Eason has a motor......

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Don't be disrespectful to Cam to make your point. 

F&ck Cam he’s gonna now it’s time to get off his nuts Stan. 

One star ⭐️ thread, how the f a youngster from college gonna help us maaaaaaan COMOOOOOONNN SUPES :angry2:

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

F&ck Cam he’s gonna now it’s time to get off his nuts Stan. 

One star ⭐️ thread, how the f a youngster from college gonna help us maaaaaaan COMOOOOOONNN SUPES :angry2:

Most teams ahead of us in the standings have young guys contributing.. Just sayin...

Bulls-Dosumnu(rookie)

Cavs-Mobley(rookie)

Raptors-Barnes(rookie)

Nets-Cam Thomas/Kessler(rookies)

And a bunch of 2nd year guys(Melo, Maxey, Achiuwa, Bane, Okoro etc..)

But our young players arent good enough according to Nate I guess.....Nate barely plays last years 6th pick in the draft.. smh

• Like 2