• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hunter is becoming Marv

Spud2nique

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The demise of one De’Andre James Hunter has been greatly exaggerated. :laugh1:

26pts on 8-12, 3-5 from 3 and a most impressive 7-7 from the freethrow line.

Apparently he disagreed with my Marv take… :laugh1:

Well dang it I knew there was more he kept teasing us, at a certain point I lost it.

ps DRE IF YOU READING THIS YOU THE MAN KEEP IT UP THAT WAS JUST SMOOTH!

Also, that one toilet bowl 3 should have fell as well. Nice work!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Apparently he disagreed with my Marv take… :laugh1:

Well dang it I knew there was more he kept teasing us, at a certain point I lost it.

ps DRE IF YOU READING THIS YOU THE MAN KEEP IT UP THAT WAS JUST SMOOTH!

Also, that one toilet bowl 3 should have fell as well. Nice work!

I think you need to keep dogging him so he continues to play well, lol.

Might as well make a Huerter thread - 5 points? Smh. And A Gallo one too - need to get his 3 ball back on track.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think you need to keep dogging him so he continues to play well, lol.

Might as well make a Huerter thread - 5 points? Smh. And A Gallo one too - need to get his 3 ball back on track.

It was either hunter read this thread or Bogis public comments got to him 😂 ….whatever it is ….it’s working so far.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The demise of one De’Andre James Hunter has been greatly exaggerated. :laugh1:

26pts on 8-12, 3-5 from 3 and a most impressive 7-7 from the freethrow line.

Its one game, do you how many shit games hes had last 2 years?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Its one game.....

Nope. It's 2 games since going 0-8 against Boston, he's stepped up the last 2 games. I'm happy with his play in both of those games - that's want you want to see.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nope. It's 2 games since going 0-8 against Boston, he's stepped up the last 2 games. I'm happy with his play in both of those games - that's want you want to see.

Hunter's defense will always make him relevant.  Heck every team tries to get him off their best scorer by running multiple pick and rolls with either Trae's man,  Huerter's man or Bogi's man.  Tatum was struggling against Hunter which caused Boston to start running picks to get a better match up and when they did get that better match up, he went off.  Derozen could do anything against Hunter.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

Its one game, do you how many shit games hes had last 2 years?

not many considering he's barely played the last 2 years at all. Y'all want to be right with your outrageous takes so bad

I remember Marvin having a 30 point game against the Spurs and the Squawk going crazy with "He's turned the corner" and "Potential finally being realized". Then he came back down to Earth and continued being Duckbutt. 

I hope Dre is more consistent because I don't think he sucks. I know he's a good player. I'm not sure if it's just been a bad stretch for him or if Nate and the other coaches are trying to get him to do things on the court that he isn't comfortable doing. I just hope he is more consistent going forward. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I remember Marvin having a 30 point game against the Spurs and the Squawk going crazy with "He's turned the corner" and "Potential finally being realized". Then he came back down to Earth and continued being Duckbutt. 

I hope Dre is more consistent because I don't think he sucks. I know he's a good player. I'm not sure if it's just been a bad stretch for him or if Nate and the other coaches are trying to get him to do things on the court that he isn't comfortable doing. I just hope he is more consistent going forward. 

He did it against the Sonics.  I remember distinctly because that's 'home' for him and everybody went gaga over it.

Watching Hunt morph into a mini-beast these last two games gave me even more Marvo vibes.  Even Ducky could fall into multiple good games.  Hunter's gotta do it longer to win me over. TWSS

• Like 1

• Moderators

A couple of good or bad games doesn't mean anything in the big picture but stringing together good games is a prerequisite to turning the corner.  Time will tell whether this is a few hot games or the start of something bigger.  Pretty safe to say we are all rooting for the latter.  There is no reason I can see why Hunter shouldn't be able to do it - he has all the tools and seemingly a pretty good head on his shoulders.  Just got to move away from his career numbers to a higher level and sustain it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AHF said:

A couple of good or bad games doesn't mean anything in the big picture but stringing together good games is a prerequisite to turning the corner.  Time will tell whether this is a few hot games or the start of something bigger.  Pretty safe to say we are all rooting for the latter.  There is no reason I can see why Hunter shouldn't be able to do it - he has all the tools and seemingly a pretty good head on his shoulders.  Just got to move away from his career numbers to a higher level and sustain it.

Agreed!

I really hope he keeps showing this level of aggressiveness on both ends even in games he’s missing his jumpers. 

I think the main difference offensively is that he’s attacking the goal at will these last two games and just happen to hit his jumpers too. If he sustains attacking the goal like this throughout the game , make or miss it helps the team and it’s unlikely he’ll miss more than he makes if he attacks often….

also I like hunter playing and attacking from the mid range area rather than from the 3pt line….I don’t really have a clue why his dribbling looked more under control and secure these last two games but the only thing that stands out is that I can recall is that his attacks to the goal start at the mid range area instead of the perimeter (seem like anyways) .

Overall Hunter just seems to be the type that should play from the inside out to really get himself going offensively.

If Hunter sustains this kind of play it’s BIG going forward…it fixes a ton of issues we currently believe we have and have had all season long.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

I felt like that was Cam’s Orlando game.  It was against the G league players that Orlando could hobble together, and folks acted like Cam just announced his superstar status to the league.  

I believe Hunter can become a solid starter.  I saw what he did last season.  Hoping he regains that.  

• Like 2