• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons new QB

Spud2nique

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Smells like it's rainin' Ice in Indianapolis, Matty Ice.  Supposedly traded to the Colts for a 3rd rounder.

https://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-falcons-trading-matt-ryan-to-colts-for-3rd-rnd-pick/

Guess the Failcons go QB in the draft?

Yup, get Malik at 8. Steal him from Seattle.

On 2/28/2022 at 7:42 AM, Spud2nique said:

Throwin to Pitts? 

image.gif.bc0b43f0bcd7b124417b9844c522ae56.gif

0535178A-2B19-4CC6-A098-E6026A9E0178.jpeg

@kg01 .. your NFL insider. 1/4 of one..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Smells like it's rainin' Ice in Indianapolis, Matty Ice.  Supposedly traded to the Colts for a 3rd rounder.

https://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-falcons-trading-matt-ryan-to-colts-for-3rd-rnd-pick/

Guess the Failcons go QB in the draft?

If you trade for Baker Mayfield, just don’t. Even if Trae says Aye, that’s my OKC buddy, don’t.

FAKE FAKE FAKE QB. Dodged Deshaun now dodge this clown 🤡 too.

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Apparently we're going for Mariotta?  Isnt' Garropollo better than that?   I know it's impossible because of reasons but why not bring in Kap?

Draft. Start over. Falcons shouldn’t go the Broncos/Colts route. I mean, if it was Russell Wilson heck ya.

Jimmy G isn’t the answer either although he is better than Mariota at the point in their respective careers.

Old QB gone.  Marcus Marieta signed.  Good!  Save $8.5 Mil. on cap space this season and $40 Mil. next season.  Matty Ice was good but his $$$ cost was too much.

👏

On 3/8/2022 at 10:36 AM, Spud2nique said:

Btw, somebody really good in going to fall into the Falcons laps at pick 8, assuming they don’t move up or down. 

Malik Willis

Jordan Davis

Kayvon  Thibodeaux 

Kyle Hamilton

Grab one of these dudes.

I'm a big advocate of moving down. I don't think 8 gets you Philly's 16/19. But maybe if you throw something else there way it does. I'd really prefer 2 picks in the 1st round. I want the Liberty QB but I think he drops to mid 1st round.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Apparently we're going for Mariotta?  Isnt' Garropollo better than that?   I know it's impossible because of reasons but why not bring in Kap?

Locker room. Lots of strong feelings on a 53 man roster. 

Personally, I don't have a problem with bringing in Kap and giving him a shot to earn the job in camp but I think he wants to be the starter before signing. I don't even necessarily disagree with his political, just how he went about implementing it. 

But if you are the Falcons, there is no reason to invite drama into the locker room. Even media invented drama or personal belief drama.

The problem with bringing in Colin K is that there is no sliding scale for success. The Falcons would either have to be definitively better (better than wild card weekend) or it would become a public relations nightmare every time he says "boo". Not sure if you wish that on him.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Locker room. Lots of strong feelings on a 53 man roster. 

Personally, I don't have a problem with bringing in Kap and giving him a shot to earn the job in camp but I think he wants to be the starter before signing. I don't even necessarily disagree with his political, just how he went about implementing it. 

But if you are the Falcons, there is no reason to invite drama into the locker room. Even media invented drama or personal belief drama.

The problem with bringing in Colin K is that there is no sliding scale for success. The Falcons would either have to be definitively better (better than wild card weekend) or it would become a public relations nightmare every time he says "boo". Not sure if you wish that on him.

I look at it this way.   Everyone pretty much agrees the Falcons are rebuilding and there are no expectations of success this year.   Kap would instantly be a big story and put butts in the seats but of course it comes with a lot of risk of alienating people.  But in a throw away season why not.   

But it's not happening which is fine.   who knows if he can really still even play. 

I hate to say this because I'm a long ways from being very knowledgeable about the NFL in general but I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons are actually pretty decent.   They had a lot of winnable games last year that they flubbed and the coaching improved.   No one wants to hear it right now i know but Ryan didn't exactly have a great year.   I know a lot of criticism toward the line and all but he showed age for sure.  

• Like 2

Who is to say that the Birds have a terrible QB?  Different than what we had?  Sure.  Good as he is, Matty Ice had his limitations.  With his new team he fits right in, and we all expect him to have a good season.

Falcons have been busy.  Then have 5 draft picks this spring in the first 100 picks.  Building the offensive and defensive lines.  Adding receivers.  Not thru with all their moves.  Not yet.

Big surprise this season - - - Falcon's QB!  He's going to be pretty good.  Wait and see!!

:smug:

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Who is to say that the Birds have a terrible QB?  Different than what we had?  Sure.  Good as he is, Matty Ice had his limitations.  With his new team he fits right in, and we all expect him to have a good season.

Falcons have been busy.  Then have 5 draft picks this spring in the first 100 picks.  Building the offensive and defensive lines.  Adding receivers.  Not thru with all their moves.  Not yet.

Big surprise this season - - - Falcon's QB!  He's going to be pretty good.  Wait and see!!

Yeah i agree.  There's been this whole narrative that Ryan is elite but can't win with such a crappy team.   Now the same folks have changed to: we can't win anything without an elite QB.    Well we couldn't win with one so what's the difference.   

Be able to extent plays and throw deep will help add wrinkles to our offense.  

• Like 1

If he can remain healthy is the biggest worry.  We would worry about this, regardless of who was our QB.  Falcons have too many "need" spots to fill right now.  We don't even know who our three quarterbacks are right now.  One to start, one back up and one practice squad.

So much "dead money" this season.  Money that is counted toward our total cap, but we don't have the players now.  All this will be gone next summer and Atlanta will have $100 million more to sign players than we have right now.  Jones and Matty Ice are a big hunk of this.

• Like 1

Due to lack of payroll space, the Atlanta team must find free agent players who we all hope that, if given the opportunity, will really bloom.  Patterson did that last season.  Several new Falcons fit this same mold this off season.  For some reason they haven't been as good as hoped.  Opportunity knocks again!  Show us!  From our new QB to so many others, we await, hoping for the best.

The NFL draft is less than a month away.  Atlanta has several picks, several opportunities to improve.  Who will step in and fill the gaps we see?  Returning players, free agent signings and drafted rookies all must play their roll.  $$$ Payroll is tight.  No room for error.  

Still a long way from the finished product.  The future approaches fast !!

🥰

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 10:36 AM, Spud2nique said:

Btw, somebody really good in going to fall into the Falcons laps at pick 8, assuming they don’t move up or down. 

Malik Willis

Jordan Davis

Kayvon  Thibodeaux 

Kyle Hamilton

Grab one of these dudes.

If I were them, I would be moving down, consolidating those selections.  With 2 2nds and 2 3rds + the 8th pick, a good GM could turn this into 3 1st round picks 1 2nd, 1 3rd.  There is also the matter of trading Ridley's rights which could happen on draft night. I'm hyper aggressive though and I see this as a very, very good draft to build all the positions that glue a team together.

I'm also hoping we can squeak Zeus in there somewhere round 4 or later. I think he'd be a steal that late.

• Like 2