• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

you guys didn't realize a celebrity was posting here?

shakes

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Did you bag the angry girl? First and foremost :laugh1: That’s all for now.. wow.

No, I have too big an ego to bang a girl with a bigger wenis than me.

I did hook up with the hot blonde who shows up 5 seconds into the commercial, but that was 5 years after the show aired.   Me, her and another girl you don't see in the commercial became really close friends after the show and all lived in Chicago.  

I did kiss one girl on the show, but then she kissed another guy so I got her voted off the boat.   

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Sothron said:

Shakes, tell us about the experience of being on a reality show. How much of it was show and how much was it actually real?

Also, wasn't crazy eyes on some other Fox reality shows around that time? 

Good catch Sothy.  Yes, Crazy eyes is Toni Ferrari, she ended up going on Paradise Hotel a couple years later.

All of it is real.   You throw 16 self absorbed attention whores into a reality competition where people get voted off, ply them with as much liquor as they can handle and then just turn the camera on and record the carnage.   

The experience was amazing.   First off, I only went and tried out because my brother wanted to go and wanted a wing man.   The 3 month try out process was cool, beat on 1000s of other people.     Going on the show was surreal.  Started with 5 days at a hotel alone in Antiqua (lol now I'm not even sure if that was the island) while pre production was going on.  There was another contestant at the hotel and we weren't allowed to speak to each other.

Then onto the boat where we spent 3 weeks on a private 70 person sailboat cruise that only had the 16 of us and crew.  Traveled around the Carribean stopping at random islands and doing challenges.    Each episode we would pair up in couples and compete for immunity.   At the end of each episode the guys would vote off a girl and the girls would vote off a guy.

I came in with a plan.  Started watching Survivor while I was trying out so I could see what these types of games were about.  Saw Richard Hatch get to the end wiht an alliance so I decided to follow suit.  Formed an alliance on myh show and dominated.  Was pretty much responsible for every decision on who went home.

Got all the way to the end, but by then people had realized that I was playing them for fools and when the voted people came back to decide the winner theyh were too butt hurt to recognize the amazing game I played and instead gave the victory to some nice guy who coasted through the game and neve got his hands dirty.

\

But, after it aired I had a blast living the VIP life.  That's a whole different story....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, shakes said:

Good catch Sothy.  Yes, Crazy eyes is Toni Ferrari, she ended up going on Paradise Hotel a couple years later.

All of it is real.   You throw 16 self absorbed attention whores into a reality competition where people get voted off, ply them with as much liquor as they can handle and then just turn the camera on and record the carnage.   

The experience was amazing.   First off, I only went and tried out because my brother wanted to go and wanted a wing man.   The 3 month try out process was cool, beat on 1000s of other people.     Going on the show was surreal.  Started with 5 days at a hotel alone in Antiqua (lol now I'm not even sure if that was the island) while pre production was going on.  There was another contestant at the hotel and we weren't allowed to speak to each other.

Then onto the boat where we spent 3 weeks on a private 70 person sailboat cruise that only had the 16 of us and crew.  Traveled around the Carribean stopping at random islands and doing challenges.    Each episode we would pair up in couples and compete for immunity.   At the end of each episode the guys would vote off a girl and the girls would vote off a guy.

I came in with a plan.  Started watching Survivor while I was trying out so I could see what these types of games were about.  Saw Richard Hatch get to the end wiht an alliance so I decided to follow suit.  Formed an alliance on myh show and dominated.  Was pretty much responsible for every decision on who went home.

Got all the way to the end, but by then people had realized that I was playing them for fools and when the voted people came back to decide the winner theyh were too butt hurt to recognize the amazing game I played and instead gave the victory to some nice guy who coasted through the game and neve got his hands dirty.

\

But, after it aired I had a blast living the VIP life.  That's a whole different story....

thank you for sharing. Mrs. Sothron and I have watched and still watch a decent amount of reality shows as guilty pleasure watching. I knew I recognized crazy eyes immediately from Paradise Hotel. That is still my all time favorite reality show. The one guy that got the alliance together made it to the end only to have the woman he had simped for the entire show take all the money and leave him nothing.

I live for schadenfreude and reality shows are so full of them. That moment when that idiot realized the girl he had simped for took everything and left him nothing still makes me laugh out loud all these  years later.

Anways! I do remember this show. I showed the YT commerical to Mrs. Sothron and she recognized you. She said don't you remember? he's the ass that knew how to win on a reality show and those other idiots got played like fools by him.  We thought you should have won because you played the best game. But back then people were going to go by feels instead of someone just being more cunning than them.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Sothron said:

thank you for sharing. Mrs. Sothron and I have watched and still watch a decent amount of reality shows as guilty pleasure watching. I knew I recognized crazy eyes immediately from Paradise Hotel. That is still my all time favorite reality show. The one guy that got the alliance together made it to the end only to have the woman he had simped for the entire show take all the money and leave him nothing.

I live for schadenfreude and reality shows are so full of them. That moment when that idiot realized the girl he had simped for took everything and left him nothing still makes me laugh out loud all these  years later.

Anways! I do remember this show. I showed the YT commerical to Mrs. Sothron and she recognized you. She said don't you remember? he's the ass that knew how to win on a reality show and those other idiots got played like fools by him.  We thought you should have won because you played the best game. But back then people were going to go by feels instead of someone just being more cunning than them.

Lol, that guy actually called me after Paradise Hotel to discuss our shared hatred for Toni.  He got into it with her on his show as well.  Forgot his name, he was from Boston.

So funny you're wife remembers.  And her memory is amazing, that last paragraph you wrote sounds like it pretty much came out of  my mouth.  That's pretty much who I've described it to anyone who asked over the past 20 years.  I came ready to play, no one else did, and then they got mad that I outplayed them in the end and voted for some bum instead.

No big deal, the prize was $150,000.  That would've been long gone by now lol.

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, shakes said:

Lol, that guy actually called me after Paradise Hotel to discuss our shared hatred for Toni.  He got into it with her on his show as well.  Forgot his name, he was from Boston.

So funny you're wife remembers.  And her memory is amazing, that last paragraph you wrote sounds like it pretty much came out of  my mouth.  That's pretty much who I've described it to anyone who asked over the past 20 years.  I came ready to play, no one else did, and then they got mad that I outplayed them in the end and voted for some bum instead.

No big deal, the prize was $150,000.  That would've been long gone by now lol.

If it helps, the fans thought you should have won it. You did play the best game. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If it helps, the fans thought you should have won it. You did play the best game. 

Did he? I just rewatched it and he said somebody’s gotta get KNIFED 🔪 pretty hard.. wtf :laugh1: 

@shakes please tel me you didn’t try to cut a b. 

How did that girl whose not a fan of your hat not take it and throw it.. :laugh1:

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Did he? I just rewatched it and he said somebody’s gotta get KNIFED 🔪 pretty hard.. wtf :laugh1: 

@shakes please tel me you didn’t try to cut a b. 

How did that girl whose not a fan of your hat not take it and throw it.. :laugh1:

you do what you gotta do when there's 6 figures on the line.

In a different scene that they didn't show I said I had to get rid of the girl who kissed me and then kissed another guy and said she had to go "2 to the back of the head tap tap".  I was mad that got left on the cutting room floor.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, shakes said:

you do what you gotta do when there's 6 figures on the line.

In a different scene that they didn't show I said I had to get rid of the girl who kissed me and then kissed another guy and said she had to go "2 to the back of the head tap tap".  I was mad that got left on the cutting room floor.

Ménage? :eyebrow:

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:...you're trending @shakes....even the Hawks beat writer, lol.

🤣 that's some funny timing.    Nope not me, I'm not on Love is Blind.  Don't think my wife would let me do that.

And I'm not a vet, I only dress up as one when i want to get freebies around town or if I want to skip a line at the airport.  Is that wrong?

Edit:  also I'm objectively very good looking.

Edited by shakes
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, shakes said:

🤣 that's some funny timing.    Nope not me, I'm not on Love is Blind.  Don't think my wife would let me do that.

And I'm not a vet, I only dress up as one when i want to get freebies around town or if I want to skip a line at the airport.  Is that wrong?

Edit:  also I'm objectively very good looking.

I dont believe you.    Wife?   come on now.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I dont believe you.    Wife?   come on now.

I still think he should call the chick that was mad about the hat he was wearing. I’ve never aroused that much passion in a woman before. That’s love. She didn’t care about the hat she wanted your body.

Out before the lock :laugh1:

• Haha 2