• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You want a FRESH 👋 one? 🤴

Spud2nique

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And call Rock whatever you want but you cannot call him Glass Joe.  Dude took that slap in stride.  Can't have been his first.

Yeah my thought too.  Just stood there and continued as best he could.  Jeez.  I get that she has alopecia so maybe that's not cool but it wasn't a terrible joke.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And call Rock whatever you want but you cannot call him Glass Joe.  Dude took that slap in stride.  Can't have been his first.

Right....can't believe he didn't even rub his cheek.

• Haha 1

Will's sensei was like, "wax that b*tch on, wax that b*tch off"

Karate 🥋 Kid makes me cry. 🤫 keep it on the low, my girlwife uses it as a weapon against me. :laugh1:

ps On the slap 👋 front, Will Smith needs to take yoga and calm down and Rock has been taking his yoga with that calmness. Nice work lil Penny! 

WAIT A SEC, I JUST REALIZED WILL SLAPPED LIL PENNY! OHHHHH HEWWWWWWLLLL NAHHHHH. :nyd:

The iron ice part for me about this whole thing was I used to watch some Will Smith  YouTube videos in the past where he would inspire with his words.

One last thing,

If you’re Rock, and you see Will bum rushing the stage, what do you think is gonna happen next? :laugh1: 

Next time anyone approaches Rock. DUDES UP :boxing:SUP WATCHU WANT? :laugh1:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah my thought too.  Just stood there and continued as best he could.  Jeez.  I get that she has alopecia so maybe that's not cool but it wasn't a terrible joke.  

He could've done a LOT more damage to Rock by going to 'he made fun of a disability' route.  Gotta read the room, Will.  None-a them hollywood fakers know how to act when something 'real' happens.  They gonna turn on him, to the extent that you can turn on a megastar like him.

53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Right....can't believe he didn't even rub his cheek.

You know it took all that was in him to avoid rubbin it down.

• Haha 2

You know it took all that was in him to avoid rubbin it down.

We are lucky he wasn’t white otherwise there might be a red hand 🤚 print on Rock’s cheek right now.

:indifferent: - 👩‍✈️ obvious

ps Apparent Will Smith has a habit of slappin foos :laugh1: What the.. You lay you hands on the wrong one and you never know. (This guy in the white like wtf lol) 

image.gif.a6d93cf3da10c8eeade952ede35bf7ec.gif

• Moderators

Macho BS.  'defending your wife' from a bad joke with violence isn't a good thing no matter how you look at it. 

Honestly, i'm not the biggest fan of Rock but was pretty impressed with him here.  not only did he stand there pretty tough but even took the high road and diffused it.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Macho BS.  'defending your wife' from a bad joke with violence isn't a good thing no matter how you look at it. 

Honestly, i'm not the biggest fan of Rock but was pretty impressed with him here.  not only did he stand there pretty tough but even took the high road and diffused it.   

It's a multi-layered issue.  I hear comedians (who, ironically, take themselves waaay too seriously) say they should get a pass for 'seeing the world differently' and stuff to that effect.  Meaning, nothing they say should be taken as insulting.

I get that too a degree, but you also can't act all indignant if somebody does take something you say the wrong way.  You have to be ready to take that slap and diffuse.  Just as you want the crowd to understand (that you're not trying to be insulting), you also have to sort of understand if someone does get offended.

But at the same time, if someone gets offended and you go 'hey my bad, didn't mean it that way', that should be the end of it.

Long story long, Rock did about the only thing he could do in that spot.  What was he gonna do, all-out brawl?

My BIL made a good point though.  Will shoulda had all-a that smoke for that dude Jada admitted to boinking.  I don't care if it was some kind of 'arrangement' or 'entanglement' or whatever they called it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's a multi-layered issue.  I hear comedians (who, ironically, take themselves waaay too seriously) say they should get a pass for 'seeing the world differently' and stuff to that effect.  Meaning, nothing they say should be taken as insulting.

I get that too a degree, but you also can't act all indignant if somebody does take something you say the wrong way.  You have to be ready to take that slap and diffuse.  Just as you want the crowd to understand (that you're not trying to be insulting), you also have to sort of understand if someone does get offended.

But at the same time, if someone gets offended and you go 'hey my bad, didn't mean it that way', that should be the end of it.

Long story long, Rock did about the only thing he could do in that spot.  What was he gonna do, all-out brawl?

My BIL made a good point though.  Will shoulda had all-a that smoke for that dude Jada admitted to boinking.  I don't care if it was some kind of 'arrangement' or 'entanglement' or whatever they called it.

there's a difference though to being called out and criticized and getting assaulted on stage.   Where does that end and at what point is it over the line?   At the end of the day it's just violent acting out which is way over the line for what he said.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

there's a difference though to being called out and criticized and getting assaulted on stage.   Where does that end and at what point is it over the line?   At the end of the day it's just violent acting out which is way over the line for what he said.   

I think we're in agreement on that point.  I figured that part goes without saying.

• Like 1

Ya I think you’re both right. Smith might be going through a hard time and had a drink or two and saw his wife just react and he reacted. Bad situation all around but agree with both that Rock handled it extremely well. He stayed a pro. 

• Like 1