• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pacers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Both things can (and are) true.   Jalen needed the G league development AND we should have started getting him minutes a month or two ago.   

I think that we should have played him before calling TLC or letting Hunter play the 4.  Definitely.   I think he definitely developed in the G-League and it's wrongheaded to think that he should have been on our bench waiting for Garbage minutes instead of developing.  Even he felt that way because he requested to play in the G-League.. twice. 

I understand that Jalen played half a season at Duke and didn't play his senior year of HS.  He/Himself had to know that he needed time on the court in some capacity if he wanted to be the player that he was supposed to be.  I believe it benefited him to do so.   All this time, I thought it was Nate sending him to the G-League... Well, I think that he also wanted to be visible too.   You get no visibility sitting on the bench waiting for Garbage minutes.   After this season, No-Knox will probably be out of the league... He could have benefited from going to the G-League. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Hunter is such a poor offensive player we don't miss him on that end one bit imo. We'll need him in the playoffs though for certain matchups defensively so I hope he can get healthy.

Trae, Capela and Bogi are the 3 guys that change the outcome for this team. Collins, and Hunter are irrelevant in most cases. Dre is the only big wing defender we have so he is important sometimes. Collins is really insignificant imo...

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae, Capela and Bogi are the 3 guys that change the outcome for this team. Collins, and Hunter are irrelevant in most cases. Dre is the only big wing defender we have so he is important sometimes. Collins is really insignificant imo...

JJ can probably replace a lot of what JC gives us if given the chance. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hope you're right, but neither one is playing 48 minutes, and... it goes without saying... JC is a proven quantity... JJ might be that in maybe another 50-100 games.

Good to have both since it seems so unlikely Gallo will be in ATL for 2022-23.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I would have to see improvement on defense and three pointers but he may be able to. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Diesel said:

I would have to see improvement on defense and three pointers but he may be able to. 

Defense for sure.  He's shooting 31% in CP which isn't great but he's probably launching with more abandon than he would in Atlanta.   I think the ability is there.   

The real bonus is he would probably become the best non PG passer on the team pretty quickly if he was in the rotation. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Defense for sure.  He's shooting 31% in CP which isn't great but he's probably launching with more abandon than he would in Atlanta.   I think the ability is there.   

The real bonus is he would probably become the best non PG passer on the team pretty quickly if he was in the rotation. 

Well, he's playing lesser competiton in CP.  I mean, none of what you see coming out of CP is that eye grabbing when you consider the lack of NBA talent that's there.  Yeah, there are some good players there but you take a good player and put in in the G-League and he looks great. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Thought I would look at the G-League call ups..

Past Call-Ups have included current NBA standouts Chris Andersen — the league’s first-ever Call-Up to the Denver Nuggets in 2001 — Danny Green (Reno Bighorns to San Antonio Spurs in 2010-11), Gerald Green (Los Angeles D-Fenders to New Jersey Nets in 2010-11), Hassan Whiteside (Iowa Energy to Miami Heat in 2014-15), Robert Covington (Grand Rapids Drive to Philadelphia 76ers in 2014-15), Yogi Ferrell (Long Island Nets to Dallas Mavericks in 2016-17) and Andre Ingram (South Bay Lakers to Los Angeles Lakers in 2017-18).

2020-21 Season: FULL LIST

• 41 Total Call-Ups
  • Prominent Call Ups: Jordan Bell (Erie BayHawks to Golden State Warriors), Oshae Brissett (Fort Wayne Mad Ants to Indiana Pacers), Devin Cannady (Lakeland Magic to Orlando Magic), Gary Payton II (Raptors 905 to Golden State Warriors), Yogi Ferrell (Salt Lake City Stars to LA Clippers)

2019-20 Season: FULL LIST

• 36 Total Call-Ups
  • Prominent Call Ups: Juan Toscano Anderson (Santa Cruz Warriors to Golden State Warriors), Gabe Vincent (Stockton Kings to Miami Heat), Justin Anderson (Raptors 905 to Brooklyn Nets), Gary Payton II (South Bay Lakers to Washington Wizards), Devontae Cacok (South Bay Lakers to Los Angeles Lakers)

2018-19 Season: FULL LIST

• 55 Total Call-Ups
  • Prominent Call Ups: Kendrick Nunn (Santa Cruz Warriors to Miami Heat), Chris Chiozza (Capital City Go-Go to Houston Rockets), Bruno Caboclo (Rio Grande Valley Vipers to Memphis Grizzlies), JaKarr Sampson (Windy City Bulls to Chicago Bulls), Andre Ingram (South Bay Lakers to Los Angeles Lakers), Cameron Reynolds (Stockton Kings to Minnesota Timberwolves), Terrence Jones (Erie BayHawks to Houston Rockets), John Jenkins (Westchester Knicks to New York Knicks), Gary Payton II (Rio Grande Valley Vipers to Washington Wizards), Danuel House (Rio Grande Valley Vipers to Houston Rockets)

2017-18 Season: FULL LIST

• 60 Total Call-Ups
  • Prominent Call Ups: Andre Ingram (South Bay Lakers to Los Angeles Lakers), Damion Lee (Santa Cruz Warriors to Atlanta Hawks), Brandon Jennings (Wisconsin Herd to Milwaukee Bucks), Naz Mitrou-Long (Salt Lake City Stars to Utah Jazz), Shaq Harrison (Northern Arizona Suns to Phoenix Suns), Emeka Okafor (Delaware Blue Coats to New Orleans Pelicans), Marshall Plumlee (Agua Caliente Clippers to Milwaukee Bucks), Georges Niang (Santa Cruz Warriors to Utah Jazz), Trey Burke (Westchester Knicks to New York Knicks), Derrick Jones Jr. (Northern Arizona Suns to Miami Heat), Isaiah Canaan (Northern Arizona Suns to Phoenix Suns), Danuel House (Northern Arizona Suns to Phoenix Suns)

2016-17 Season: FULL LIST

• 51 Total Call-Ups
  • Prominent Call Ups: Quinn Cook (Canton Charge to New Orleans Pelicans/Dallas Mavericks), Spencer Dinwiddie (Windy City Bulls to Brooklyn Nets), Gary Payton II (Rio Grande Valley Vipers to Milwaukee Bucks), Yogi Ferrell (Long Island Nets to Dallas Mavericks/Brooklyn Nets), David Nwaba (South Bay Lakers to Los Angeles Lakers), Wayne Selden (Iowa Wolves to New Orleans Pelicans), Gary Neal (Texas Legends to Atlanta Hawks), Pierre Jackson (Texas Legends to Dallas Mavericks)

These are the prominent ones...  Really, not a lot to shout about. 

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Well, he's playing lesser competiton in CP.  I mean, none of what you see coming out of CP is that eye grabbing when you consider the lack of NBA talent that's there.  Yeah, there are some good players there but you take a good player and put in in the G-League and he looks great. 

I agree with you 100% but JJ is mostly taking open threes.   I think the 3p% is a pretty accurate reflection of what we can expect except for the fact that he'll probably get a lot fewer open looks and take fewer shots.   But I would expect that in the NBA he'd still be a decent stretch 4 like JC has become.