• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

good a shot as any team

You said it. They aren’t a strong 💪🏾 #1 because you have to include that many other teams. Parity is insane. I’m not buying Miami and it’s not hate, it’s the fact that they aren’t suited or have that superstar.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

You said it. They aren’t a strong 💪🏾 #1 because you have to include that many other teams. Parity is insane. I’m not buying Miami and it’s not hate, it’s the fact that they aren’t suited or have that superstar.

Pretty sure in their locker room they are all thinking they are playing for a championship, which is what I'm talking about. This isn't Cleveland that is low key just happy to have a shot, this team is championship or bust in their minds and everyone in the locker room has bought in. If we don't play A+ basketball we will lose in 5. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Pretty sure in their locker room they are all thinking they are playing for a championship,

True but like 8 realistic locker rooms including us, ya I said it, why not? We have Trae, he’s better than anyone they have on their roster. If they have aspirations so do we. (And again like half the teams in the playoffs).

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Pretty sure in their locker room they are all thinking they are playing for a championship, which is what I'm talking about. This isn't Cleveland that is low key just happy to have a shot, this team is championship or bust in their minds and everyone in the locker room has bought in. If we don't play A+ basketball we will lose in 5. 

image.pngI AGREE  :dwarf:

• Haha 1

I love Toronto's response to the start of their game tonight.  They got beat up just like we did in Game 1.

They respond by dishing out the same type of stuff that they got from the Sixers, and put Embiid on the floor right off the bat.

And their coach also pointed out the physical play before the game, and how his guys got knocked around.

That will:

- Have the refs call the game the exact same way, letting both teams know that physical play, even overly physical, will be allowed.

- Have the refs call the game a little tighter the rest of the series.

Playoff basketball is supposed to be harder than regular season basketball.  But it shouldn't turn into dirty basketball.

Hawks simply have to either execute better, or adjust to the physical play by playing more physical lineups.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I love Toronto's response to the start of their game tonight.  They got beat up just like we did in Game 1.

They respond by dishing out the same type of stuff that they got from the Sixers, and put Embiid on the floor right off the bat.

I've already said, whoever sets the first screen for Miami just blow 'em up and take the foul - right through them.

• Premium Member

I want to see Lowry leave the game with a concussion.   Period.   I don't care how it's done, just do it and not get suspended.   And this should come from Nate.

Nate... you have to believe that Trae is responsible for your best showing in the playoffs.   You have to know that Trae is a generational superstar.   That being the case,  as coach, you have been entrusted with the great responsibility to protect him so that he can reach every goal. 

Protection isn't always laid back.  Sometimes protection is aggressive.  Sometimes protection sends a message that says.. you don't want to f--- with this.  Right now, teams think that they can get away with taking a swipe at our superstar and then acting concerned...

I say let Lowry leave with a concussion and send his ass flowers.   And if we can get it done on our first offensive set... even better.  It's time to set the tone...

• Premium Member
On 4/18/2022 at 2:28 PM, Atlantaholic said:

Hate to be right but there ya go