• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

this will either be Trae's wake up call or the beginning of his demise

shakes

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It amazes me that you can try to make a statistical claim about a team who has been playing Injured teams?

I can go with a win is a win... The Hawks put 2nd teamers and COVID players on the court and the loss goes in the books...and counts as a loss..

However, it's a different thing if you look on those COVID games and try to draw statistics from them.. and then try to make roster moves based on how the COVID team played?

This is the equivalent of what you're doing HOLIC and in a larger since, what the Hawks fans are doing this offseason. 

The Heat won 53 games and finished 5th in defensive rating and 10th in offensive rating while seeing every single one of their main rotation pieces miss more than 19 games during the regular season. With Butler and Adebayo missing almost 30 games each.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

The Heat won 53 games and finished 5th in defensive rating and 10th in offensive rating while seeing every single one of their main rotation pieces miss more than 19 games during the regular season. With Butler and Adebayo missing almost 30 games each.

F$ck the Heat. Posers.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

You're still making statistical claims about performances that were against injured teams... No?  i mean, is this your statement:

They are holding teams to 97.5 PPG and 16TOs a game (around 103 offensive rating) and held Trae Young to 15 points on 31% shooting and Embiid to 20ppg on 42% shootiong. So yea.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

That's the... entire season.

Well, for the entire season, we were 7th in scoring, 1st in offensive efficiency, 2nd in 3pt %,  2nd in OFRtG, 4th in A/TO, 6th in TS%, 6th in Pts of 2 pters, etc...

And none of that means nothing if we show up in the playoffs with half of our team being gimpy.

If half of our team is gimpy... the playoffs stats will be different and meaningless. 

The later it gets into the playoffs you see teams play faster, tougher, strict defense. The Hawks style of play, the coach, and Trae currently cannot hang with these four teams left. With Trae you're playing 4 vs 5 on defense and that's not gonna cut it 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

The later it gets into the playoffs you see teams play faster, tougher, strict defense. The Hawks style of play, the coach, and Trae currently cannot hang with these four teams left. With Trae you're playing 4 vs 5 on defense and that's not gonna cut it 

Wait what?  Say it ain't so!  Squawkers will revolt!

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Sure we can.   We can hang with Dallas.   GS will just outscore us.  Boston and Miami are a different story.   The question is who will we have healthy. 

Everybody is making these hot takes based on how we played while injured. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Sure we can.   We can hang with Dallas.   GS will just outscore us.  Boston and Miami are a different story.   The question is who will we have healthy. 

Everybody is making these hot takes based on how we played while injured. 

I just don't know brother. Dre Hunter plays slow, Capela can only score on alley oops. Can he really create his own shot? Even with a healthy JC, Can he really hold his own against bigs? I can see Luka backing him down and scoring any time on him. Can Heurter be consistent in a playoff series? Can Nate out scheme a good coach with all stars? Can Trae Young play defense close to how Curry played tonight? Dallas took out the Jazz and the #1 team in the NBA. They were top 5 in the league. I dont think a healthy Hawks could take out a healthy playoff Dallas. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

I just don't know brother. Dre Hunter plays slow, Capela can only score on alley oops. Can he really create his own shot? Even with a healthy JC, Can he really hold his own against bigs? I can see Luka backing him down and scoring any time on him. Can Heurter be consistent in a playoff series? Can Nate out scheme a good coach with all stars? Can Trae Young play defense close to how Curry played tonight? Dallas took out the Jazz and the #1 team in the NBA. They were top 5 in the league. I dont think a healthy Hawks could take out a healthy playoff Dallas. 

They are the same individuals who went to the ECF... it's more than just individual play and individual accomplishments SD... It's about how well we play as a team when healthy.   Also, I don't know when Jason Kidd became a "good" coach.. or at least a coach that you put on a higher level than Nate.   Next, you'll be saying Nash for COY.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/18/2022 at 8:17 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

On 5/18/2022 at 8:59 PM, REHawksFan said:

When do these drop?  I've seen some before and kinda like JJ and the other guy.  Never seen them when they come out though.  This one should be good.  

On 5/19/2022 at 11:38 AM, macdaddy said:

I can't wait for this.   I wonder if they'll talk about...

trae-young-basketball.gif

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

The reason it was multiple conversations is the first one went like this.   "Trae your defense sucks",  "Oh yeah well get me some help on the other end so guys aren't hot potatoing the ball back to me when they see a defender and i can catch my breath".

Sign Murray

"Ok Trae we got one big upgrade just like you wanted".   "Thanks. Got to get back to the gym and get some shots up"

Pretty much, lol