this will either be Trae's wake up call or the beginning of his demise

shakes

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Gotta Have Faith GIFs | Tenor

there's 3 kinds of people:

Glass half full

Glass half empty

Glass half empty but also chipped and there are shards floating around it it.

Not hard to figure out which group I am in 😉

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This ain't the YMCA. You need far more ability and tools than just effort to be effective at this.

Seriously. This is a scheme thing. We need down screens and flare screens and back screens etc to get Trae open. Him just running around is not going to be super effective especially when our offense outside of Trae is just passing the ball around the perimeter. If you watch other teams, they are running sets to get their guys open, its not just someone randomly running around the court. Even on ATO plays, there is hardly ever any movement.

We are ranked 22nd in the league at PPP out of timeouts. Nate just doesn't seem like an Xs and Os coach to me at all. It is misguided to put all of the blame on Trae for not being able to get himself open.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

People forget that Steve Nash was a small guy too.  He was a bad defender too.   Yet, somehow.. 2 time MVP. 

D'Antoni's 7 seconds is something that evolkes all kinds of moving.  But it's all choreographed.  It's more like a motion offense and it will still benefit JC and Clint... but JC won't be wondering his role.   The wings will know their role too.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Seriously. This is a scheme thing. We need down screens and flare screens and back screens etc to get Trae open. Him just running around is not going to be super effective especially when our offense outside of Trae is just passing the ball around the perimeter. If you watch other teams, they are running sets to get their guys open, its not just someone randomly running around the court. Even on ATO plays, there is hardly ever any movement.

We are ranked 22nd in the league at PPP out of timeouts. Nate just doesn't seem like an Xs and Os coach to me at all. It is misguided to put all of the blame on Trae for not being able to get himself open.

that's true, running off ball through screens doesn't work if there are no screens.  And hard to set screens when you spend every possession standing still on the wing waiting for your catch and shoot.

we need a total transformation of the offense.  Don't care where it ranked during the year.  As we know it sucks in the 4th quarter and it sucks in the playoffs.  What more do we need to see to say its time for a revamp?

And we need new players.  Are we all of teh sudden gonna ask marshmallow soft players like Huerter and Bogi to start setting hard screens on the baseline?   Those two will probably file a union grievance.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47sw36eof13knvbv18t4

I'm more than a little bit crazy so I'm fully expecting a thrilling game 7 victory.

Me and @Diesel got something goin ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47picflonknf3o921g5n

yea it sounds like you two split a quarter ounce of shrooms.  Maybe even some LSD thrown in for good measure.   And a light sprinkling of glue sniffing just as an appetite cleanser.  

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So was Huerter, Bogi, and the entire front line that got abused on the boards but not a peep about them.

Are you really going to stand by this and make someone pull references to all these guys from the thread?  I'm thinking you didn't actually read it if you don't think they were mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Hunter stepped up in this series and that's great.   I'm not knocking the guy but i think we've set the bar too low.   is 17points/ 2 rebounds / .3 assists something to truly celebrate from your starting 3.   Honestly he's been ok but combine that with 8/3/4 from the starting 2 and it's not great production on the wing.    Especially considering we have hobbled weapons in the front court and Trae is getting double and triple teamed. 

The efficient scoring is great. Yes he needs to rebound better, but assists will never be his strong suit. 

Hunter is scoring efficiently and has played good defense.  That's what we drafted him for. 

When his wrist completely heals, I believe we'll see a better version of him next year.   Also, will probably get more explosion after the knee surgery.  I read somewhere it takes about a year after the surgery to fully get back to normal. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Are you really going to stand by this and make someone pull references to all these guys from the thread?  I'm thinking you didn't actually read it if you don't think they were mentioned.

Not as much as Hunter's name has come up. And even when Trae's names comes up, half the posters are asking excuses for the guy...i.e. blaming teammates or injury for his poor performances

• Moderators

We had a full season where we were a very average team, had a ton of injuries, obviously lacking in experienced depth by the end of the season and squeaked into the playoffs.  Enter a 1-8 series missing JC and Capela and we're going into full burn it down despair and hand wringing because we're getting beat?   That's just crazy to me. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not as much as Hunter's name has come up. And even when Trae's names comes up, half the posters are asking excuses for the guy...i.e. blaming teammates for his poor performances

At least you acknowledge all of them are getting it.  I'm not bothering to scour the thread to see if Huerter or Hunter got more criticism, etc.  At least we've gone from "not a peep" to "yeah those guys got blasted too but I feel like it wasn't as much as Hunter got."

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

At least you acknowledge all of them are getting it.  I'm not bothering to scour the thread to see if Huerter or Hunter got more criticism, etc.  At least we've gone from "not a peep" to "yeah those guys got blasted too but I feel like it wasn't as much as Hunter got."

Like I said...people are defending Trae for his poor performances but nitpicking Hunter. Doesn't make sense to me.

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Like I said...people are defending Trae for his poor performances but nitpicking Hunter. Doesn't make sense to me.

Lots more criticism of Trae than Hunter on that thread.  And there were people defending and praising Hunter as well.

• Premium Member

People have devoted entire threads promoting the notion that Trae is too good to play with our current players. Clean house many of them think as long as we keep Young we'll be ok. The systematically attack the other players flaws as if they are incorrigible. In other words, it is everybody else's fault except Trae Young