Lukastans are biting at the bit to take a shot at Trae

NBASupes

The two will be compared against each other for their entire careers.  Still too early to say who won that trade but there is nothing wrong with people having an opinion on which player is better.  Trae is great but as a Hawks fan on draft night and sitting here today I would still rather have Doncic.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Tell 'em congratulations for having a teammate carry his fat arse past the 1st round for once.

Hasn't happened yet.  Still need to close the Jazz out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In all honesty, Hawks fans bring a lot of this on themselves. I see more Hawks fans initiating the comparisons when Trae is playing well than I do Dallas fans starting it. I think Dallas is perfectly content with how the trade turned out. ATL fans seem to be the ones more aggressively trying to justify the trade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I tend to disagree.  What I see is Hawks fans preening about Trae's good play .. then, anti-Trae fans infiltrate discussions with talk about the non-Hawk, then Hawks fans get their talons out because wasn't nobody talkin' about him in the first dayum place.

Completely agree that there is a high level of disrespect and lack of national conversation about how good Trae is. That is 100% happening.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You asking me to count on the Jazz to pull out a series comeback?

Since we are talking about the Jazz...   Spyda Mitchell is showing that he's the new Kemba.   

I understand why some believe that Gobert can come here and fluourish. But I have this issue... I believe we already have the best PNR player in the game in Clint.   I don't see Gobert even with more touches doing better.  I think that where Gobert will do better is rebounds... but not by much.   I think Clint's defense is different and equal.   Clint runs the floor better than most bigs.  I don't want to spend that much on a player who will only be marginally better... if that. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Since we are talking about the Jazz...   Spyda Mitchell is showing that he's the new Kemba.   

I understand why some believe that Gobert can come here and fluourish. But I have this issue... I believe we already have the best PNR player in the game in Clint.   I don't see Gobert even with more touches doing better.  I think that where Gobert will do better is rebounds... but not by much.   I think Clint's defense is different and equal.   Clint runs the floor better than most bigs.  I don't want to spend that much on a player who will only be marginally better... if that. 

Good god you are angering Supes… 

47 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

In all honesty, Hawks fans bring a lot of this on themselves. I see more Hawks fans initiating the comparisons when Trae is playing well than I do Dallas fans starting it. I think Dallas is perfectly content with how the trade turned out. ATL fans seem to be the ones more aggressively trying to justify the trade.

That was not the case until we made our playoff run last year.

Before that point, most everyone thought we had lost that trade overwhelmingly.  Dallas fans made that known every time Luka had a great game, but would disappear in the playoffs when he didn't advance.  Last year it was no excuse.  They won every single game IN LA, but couldn't win a single game at home to advance in the playoffs.

With Reddish now gone, the only remnants of that trade are Trae and Kevin Knox.

But until Luka actually advances in the playoffs, he's basically Tracy McGrady.  A great player that never came close to winning anything.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I wanted Luka and I had a REALLY rotten feeling in my stomach on draft night - like a Pete Babcock type apprehension.  That said, I don't know what I would do all things being equal if I could go back.  It's hard to pick between these two and that should say enough about my opinion on both. 

That being said, I'll add a couple of things to the conversation.  First, I'm supremely confident in Trae's ability to continue doing what he's doing and in my eyes that tracks the same as Luka's career.  Consequently, I would probably choose Trae because I'm more confident in his ability to elevate other players.  Also, and I hate to say it...I REALLY hate to say it...but all things being equal, he's a better fit for the city.

The other thing that I'll say is that at the end of the day, the NBA isn't just a competitive league.  It is very much a show.  Consequently, the "showbusiness" aspect is driving the narrative moreso than anything either of these guys is doing on the court.  The Luka over Trae conversation is like a bag of chips - 2/3rds of it is nothing but air.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Good god you are angering Supes… 

Honestly, I see what Supes want to believe.  He wants to believe:

"Gobert with Spyda = 3.7 touches per game. 

Gobert with Trae = 10.7 touches per game. 

Gobert can score over anybody!!  

Therefore Gobert will be a 20 ppg Center". 

That's a nice dream.  However, the timing of Trae and Clint are already at a maximum.  They fit so well together because Clint played the same way with Harden.  Gobert doesn't strike me as the dude that wants 10 touches per game.   Honestly.  if he did, he'd be unstoppable in the playoffs.   There's no Shaq in him. 

When I talk about Clint running the floor.  The part that Clint never gets credited for is his speed.  He runs opposing centers ragedy because he is a classic rim runner.  We should be running fast break basketball.   But my things is that the Center position is not the position that needs the most help.   I realize that this is more about possible opportunity than it is about real need but whoose to say that Utah will even put Gobert on the blocks. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I wanted Luka and I had a REALLY rotten feeling in my stomach on draft night - like a Pete Babcock type apprehension.  That said, I don't know what I would do all things being equal if I could go back.  It's hard to pick between these two and that should say enough about my opinion on both. 

That being said, I'll add a couple of things to the conversation.  First, I'm supremely confident in Trae's ability to continue doing what he's doing and in my eyes that tracks the same as Luka's career.  Consequently, I would probably choose Trae because I'm more confident in his ability to elevate other players.  Also, and I hate to say it...I REALLY hate to say it...but all things being equal, he's a better fit for the city.

The other thing that I'll say is that at the end of the day, the NBA isn't just a competitive league.  It is very much a show.  Consequently, the "showbusiness" aspect is driving the narrative moreso than anything either of these guys is doing on the court.  The Luka over Trae conversation is like a bag of chips - 2/3rds of it is nothing but air.

Well stated.  When you see the mob of people wearing the  #11 Jersey.. and their children... you know that Trae has brought something to the city that the city needed.  Would the city have gotten behind Luka..  Yeah... but Luka is a diva.  There's no telling who he would have requested gone and how many coaches we would have gone through already.  And Fat Luka.. would have made the city a laughing stock. 

Trae is a great pick for the city... but more importantly, Trae is historic. 

Now, the owners have to go back again and get Trae some help. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You asking me to count on the Jazz to pull out a series comeback?

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47yd8yvcrkrx1jgs8n3

Am I asking you to believe in the Jazz or to think that Dallas might stab themselves in the eye and screw this up?

tumblr_nyaxu4IV6Q1uo0pu6o2_400.gif

58 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Completely agree that there is a high level of disrespect and lack of national conversation about how good Trae is. That is 100% happening.

Part of the issue is that Trae is living rent free in the minds of some of these fan bases.

source.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Aha jokes on you, gif-meister.  She's my Katy Perry.  Ask @Sothron about that while I type with one hand. 😉

I haven't seen her in a lot but really liked her in Jessica Jones.  Happy to play the Krysten Ritter gif exchange.

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

BINGO.  No one is even talking about Luka, then suddenly this thread pops up.

Stephen A Smith GIFs | Tenor

• Like 3