• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lukastans are biting at the bit to take a shot at Trae

NBASupes

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

If anyone was watching a good bit of the Mavs series who was Luka guarding predominantly?  Couldn’t have been Mike Conley?

Didn’t watch any. If I wanted to watch iso ball I’d run the rockets tapes of 2013-2020. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Let's ask Miami.

Miami is thanking god that they only play teams who have starters injured or out. 

What would you ask them?  How do you triple team a team with one threat?  Watch.. they run the same defense on Harden...  and people will say.. "It's a culture"...

No.. It's easy when there's no Embiid, Clint, or JC to throw it to down low.   And No.. I'm not talking about Injured Clint and Injured and serviceable JC. 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 5:33 AM, Diesel said:

Miami is thanking god that they only play teams who have starters injured or out. 

What would you ask them?  How do you triple team a team with one threat?  Watch.. they run the same defense on Harden...  and people will say.. "It's a culture"...

No.. It's easy when there's no Embiid, Clint, or JC to throw it to down low.   And No.. I'm not talking about Injured Clint and Injured and serviceable JC. 

Embiid, sure. But no one is worrying about JC or Clint. They are solid players, but Miami owned us. The excuses are falling flat. Seems like many here are denial about what happened. We were inconsistent all year, and then got completely dominated in the playoffs. It is what it is.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Embiid, sure. But no one is worrying about JC or Clint. They are solid players, but Miami owned us. The excuses are falling flat. Seems like many here are denial about what happened. We were inconsistent all year, and then got completely dominated in the playoffs. It is what it is.

They don't have to worry about them when they are out injured...

Last year, with basically the same teams and we were healthy, we were 2-1 vs the Heat. 

This season, we played them twice without Capela (losses in back to back games).  Once with Capela and Collins (we won Capela was on Injury protocol).. and once without Collins (We loss but Capela went for 17/14 in a 4 pt loss).   It's easy to look dominant when important players are missing. 

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I guess you would say that Miami beating Philly last night had nothing to do with Embiid being out??  It's just Miami's culture.. right???

Here's the truth... if Embiid comes back 80% in game 3, Philly may win games 3-6 and get Miami right up out the playoffs.   But if Miami get passed a Hobbled Philly team, they better pray that Giannis gets hurt too.  Milwaukee without Middleton may just sweep Miami.

Let's start calling out the truth... Miami is not that good.  They have been lucky.

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I guess you would say that Miami beating Philly last night had nothing to do with Embiid being out??  It's just Miami's culture.. right???

Here's the truth... if Embiid comes back 80% in game 3, Philly may win games 3-6 and get Miami right up out the playoffs.   But if Miami get passed a Hobbled Philly team, they better pray that Giannis gets hurt too.  Milwaukee without Middleton may just sweep Miami.

Let's start calling out the truth... Miami is not that good.  They have been lucky.

Embiid is one the best players in the league. Miami beat us in a game with no Butler and no Lowry. Diesel, just stop.

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Great game by the dude in Dallas last night.  But which game was better?

Great games don't matter, if you can't finish the job, or keep your team from getting blown out.

Miami absolutely put the clamps down on Trae. There's just no denying it. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Embiid is one the best players in the league. Miami beat us in a game with no Butler and no Lowry. Diesel, just stop.

It sure is nice to be able to put Oladipo on the floor when you don't have Butler. 

I mean Damn... look at his splits going into the playoffs:

Split Value G GS MP FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA ORB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS   FG% 3P% FT%   TS% USG% ORtg DRtg +/-   MP PTS TRB AST
Month                                                                  
  April 2 1 63 20 33 11 20 10 13 2 13 11 4 0 9 4 61   .606 .550 .769   .788 33.3 130 118 +0.8   31.5 30.5 6.5 5.5

That's a former ALL NBA player averaging 31.5, 6.5, and 5.5 going into the playoffs.  When our starters went down... who did we replace them with?

Big phew of relief for Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot! - US Sports

So in Essence, they can go to their bench and pull off an ALL NBA player and we go to our bench and pull off a glorified 10 day contract guy...

Are you serious??

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It sure is nice to be able to put Oladipo on the floor when you don't have Butler. 

I mean Damn... look at his splits going into the playoffs:

Split Value G GS MP FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA ORB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS   FG% 3P% FT%   TS% USG% ORtg DRtg +/-   MP PTS TRB AST
Month                                                                  
  April 2 1 63 20 33 11 20 10 13 2 13 11 4 0 9 4 61   .606 .550 .769   .788 33.3 130 118 +0.8   31.5 30.5 6.5 5.5

That's a former ALL NBA player averaging 31.5, 6.5, and 5.5 going into the playoffs.  When our starters went down... who did we replace them with?

So in Essence, they can go to their bench and pull off an ALL NBA player and we go to our bench and pull off a glorified 10 day contract guy...

Are you serious??

In fairness though, if we had shown up to force another game and lOladipo had to follow his performance up again, I imagine he would've looked like Bogd does after a big game.  I ain't overreactin' to his one-off performance and the game vs ORL doesn't count.

And, yes, my post is just dripping in haterade.  Not even caring.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I'm just saying this series wasn't a case of Trae going off and no one else stepping up. Trae didn't go off.

Who said it was?

I feel like you're just reaching to defeat homer-ism that's not really happening.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I don't take anything away from them because they played us in the state we were in and short of sweeping us they did everything you could really hope for if you were unfortunate enough to be a Heat fan.  But you seem to be making the case that it makes no difference whether we have CC and JC healthy or not and I just don't think that is the case.  

One of the big stories during our series with them was the pressure and number of bodies they committed to our perimeter game (and Trae in particular) and the complete inability of our big men to do anything to punish that.  It just dramatically affects our team on both ends of the floor not to have those guys playing at their normal level.  On offense our bread and butter is the PnR action but without CC and JC being able to play their normal role that is really off the table and so Miami gets to face us without our primary offensive weapon.  On defense, Miami has a much easier time attacking the rim and controlling the boards without our key interior defender and rebounders.

Now I don't put it outside the realm of possibility that Miami beats us 4-1 even if we have those guys.  They are a good team and I think Diesel is underselling them.  They earned the #1 seed in the East and #1 seeds almost always win their first round series.  But I think it is wrong not to acknowledge that the Hawks are a very different team with their starting center and with their PF effectively missing his hops and a finger.

• Like 2