• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Midway through the second quarter of Game 4, Spoelstra dialed up the zone defense and aggressive switching to neu-Trae-lize the Hawks’ solitary-star-reliant offense,

This is what infuriated me - CALL A TIMEOUT to reset the offense for the Zone, instead he just left them out to dry and watch Miami go on a run.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I said previously we are spending too much time playing against Miami's set defense in the half court, they are on a tight string when they do.  Speeding up leaves rooms for that string to not be as tight and we can try and score quicker.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Man we're going to catch hell if we don't win this one

ha - I wish I had the confidence to say we will win.  We are on the road and this season has been one for the ages where we suck against teams missing key guys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

No Lowry and now no Butler tonight. NO EXECUSES. Get it done.

Bring it home for game 6 at the Farm. We can win that.

Anything can happen game 7.

"You're already fallin' for the trap, shooter.  Heat didn't win because of Jimi.  They can still beat the Hawks short-handed.  Don't truss it." - D Spo.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

ha - I wish I had the confidence to say we will win.  We are on the road and this season has been one for the ages where we suck against teams missing key guys.

It's the Hawks way.  Dating back to the Woody years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"You're already fallin' for the trap, shooter.  Heat didn't win because of Jimi.  They can still beat the Hawks short-handed.  Don't truss it." - D Spo.

It's the Hawks way.  Dating back to the Woody years.

Man.... getting your hopes up is just part of the experience of being an ATL and UGA fan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Man.... getting your hopes up is just part of the experience of being an ATL and UGA fan

Listen, as a GT grad, I can only go halfway down that road.

I'm just tellin' you, brother.  Don't go into the light.  Hawks can definitely lose this game.  Doesn't matter who plays.

Shiiii, they can wheel Haslem out there at point guard and he'd score 50 to close us out.

• Like 1