• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Wait, when were we friends??? 

6e1lb0.jpg

Carrying: Collecting a bunch of popular snippets and collating them into a novel and saying you have sources.

I thought carrying had a different definition. :indifferent:

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

I'll talk less

Promise? Nah, you’ve said this before and keep on rambling I don’t believe you.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Bogi wants to start and sees himself as a starter. He is the only person on the roster outside the bigs that actually works well with Trae. He can get his own shot and can attack the basket. 

We either get bigger/better at other positions and run it back with Clint OR he's moved to upgrade at center. Ayton and Gobert are the targets. 

The coaching staff for the G league team and a good number of FO people are strongly behind Jalen Johnson. There is a legit feeling he has such ability to make Collins or Hunter expendable. Jalen can play either SF or PF and he will have a chance to get minutes next season.

Cooper feels Nate wasted his rookie season and he could be included in a deal. There's interest in Cooper as a lot of teams were surprised that Nate refused to play either JJ or Cooper despite how well they both played in G league.

That is something Trae himself has asked the FO to go get in the offseason.

Yeah when Bogi played well we usually did well.   I didn't understand continuing to role with Kevin when he wasn't producing or providing any real offensive spark beyond the occassional 3.   Maybe it was Bogi's knee i don't know but Kev's D was only marginally better honestly.  Did everyone see Oladipo just go around him over and over again?

I just don't understand the upgrade the center plan.  I'm all for it but i can't see where we're getting much for Capela.  I guess we'll send out JC with him?

Everyone is high on JJ but Nate?  is that the thing?  Crazy he couldn't play when JC went down.  

Cooper i don't know.  I would love for him to get a shot but I don't know if he's someone to worry about being unhappy.  I hope i'm wrong and he busts out

So I guess Trae wanted Simmons.   Would love to hear who are targets are so Trae can be off ball more.   Because the options seem limited.  

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

*sigh*

Not sure I can get behind it considering I hate those teams and all.  Macho Man, whaddoyou think?

200.webp?cid=ecf05e477trkq4ah5441vgxlee9

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4779bii6bmfuz3niuz4l

No way! Replying to you not the guy who said copy this and that. No more copying we set trends baby. East Spurs East Warriors F that. No.

What if!  Not saying it will happen (It will not) but suppose the Hawks traded places with their head coach and their head coach in college park!

I'll bet that we would immdiately get to watch Jalen Johnson play with the big boys!

Rumors about almost every Hawk except JJ.  I did notice that we might add our draft picks to a player swap to sweeten any deal.  Because Nate will not play rookies, this becomes a logical solution.

Swapping two or three Hawks and a couple of draft picks for your favorite star player.  But, after our playoff run this might not be enough to make the deal work.  Hawks are caught "in the middle" again.  Too good to be terrible and too bad to be really good.

Hot coffee!  Ice tea!  Neither is really good when luke warm.  Right now, that's the Atlanta Hawks.

GO ATL DREAM - WNBA !!

:smug:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No way! Replying to you not the guy who said copy this and that. No more copying we set trends baby. East Spurs East Warriors F that. No.

This is fair.  I hated the Spurs and Warriors east nonsense.  Look at it like us adding toughness we lacked.  Then you don't have to attach a team to it.  Yeah, I like that much better.

Man it was glaring watching our PF's getting tossled by guards in the post.  I'm a Collins fan because he's ours but I have to admit his small frame bothers me for what we need from that position.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

What if!  Not saying it will happen (It will not) but suppose the Hawks traded places with their head coach and their head coach in college park!

I'll bet that we would immdiately get to watch Jalen Johnson play with the big boys!

Rumors about almost every Hawk except JJ.  I did notice that we might add our draft picks to a player swap to sweeten any deal.  Because Nate will not play rookies, this becomes a logical solution.

Swapping two or three Hawks and a couple of draft picks for your favorite star player.  But, after our playoff run this might not be enough to make the deal work.  Hawks are caught "in the middle" again.  Too good to be terrible and too bad to be really good.

Hot coffee!  Ice tea!  Neither is really good when luke warm.  Right now, that's the Atlanta Hawks.

GO ATL DREAM - WNBA !!

:smug:

Maybe not playing Cooper was to keep his trade value high by not really showing what he can do or not do in the NBA.   That's an interesting play but probably not likely.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is fair.  I hated the Spurs and Warriors east nonsense.  Look at it like us adding toughness we lacked.  Then you don't have to attach a team to it.  Yeah, I like that much better.

Man it was glaring watching our PF's getting tossled by guards in the post.  I'm a Collins fan because he's ours but I have to admit his small frame bothers me for what we need from that position.

Ps Some lady just tried to pull a fast one and pretend she got there before me in a 4 way stop 🛑

I went ahead and took my proper place in line and gave her one of these…

image.gif.0eb16e8e7d28f482d8beeff32e7c31a8.gif

Any other day fine, not today. 

@kg01 Where does it end? Today, you let a faker go ahead in traffic and tomorrow what, you got thugs PJ, Jimi and Marqueef Morris mugging Trae? :indifferent:

I mean, WHERE DOES IT FCKIN END???? 

So these are the stages.. denial, anger, sad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1