• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

I just hope ________________ is ready to elevate his game to another level. He's got the ability, but he hasn't shown the consistency to be one of the great players in this league.

Thanks to Nathan for teeing this one up... this response, then, to the general audience, not him in particular...

Insert any of the following names, and test for correctness of fit.

• John Collins
  • Kevin Huerter
  • De'Andre Hunter
  • Deandre Ayton
  • Our 2022 #16 draft pick (tbd)

Now tell me that Ayton is so much better as to represent a trade win if sending out multiple of those in trade. R.f72735e1f1895d5391beb0cd1e0727ae?rik=%

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

@sturt I’d like to see your reasoning for the following players getting to an elite level:

John

Bogi

Kevin

Capela

The only elite player on our team is Trae. OO and Dre still TBD.

You fervently defend keeping this core intact based on the ECF run. 

Sure. I can do that.

First, just...

a) Define elite.

b) Specify how many such players a given team needs to win a championship, conventionally-speaking, based on history.

(Honest straightforward questions.)

Then, I'll have at it.

8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

You fervently defend keeping this core intact based on the ECF run. 

Right.

And on the Real Hawks .621 run.

Tangible results, in other words, and ages of the young core.... no?

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I have major questions about him defensively in terms of being a piece with Trae Young. I have major doubts. He's a good defensively player but he's not very good, excellent like Capela, or elite like Gobert. 

He's the same defensive tier as JC this year. By the way, the JC disrespect is getting out of hand from other fanbases.

JC and Ayton with Trae? We better have a dog defender at the 2 and 3.. Still iffy defensively..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Thanks to Nathan for teeing this one up... this response, then, to the general audience, not him in particular...

Insert any of the following names, and test for correctness of fit.

• John Collins
  • Kevin Huerter
  • De'Andre Hunter
  • Deandre Ayton
  • Our 2022 #16 draft pick (tbd)

Now tell me that Ayton is so much better as to represent a trade win if sending out multiple of those in trade. R.f72735e1f1895d5391beb0cd1e0727ae?rik=%

I don't think it's a trade win if getting Ayton costs us a combination of those guys. I'm of the understanding (and I may be wrong) that if Ayton was to choose Atlanta, Capela alone would represent the bulk of the value going back to the Suns. I'd argue the Hawks are in a great position in this case due to the fact that Phoenix would have a hard time replacing Ayton with another quality center if they are faced with trading him somewhere else.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

It might be time to shut this thread down and start a new rumor thread to get cleaned up and easier to follow before this weeks draft.

Nice, let camp 🏕 start it, makes him feel good.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I don't think it's a trade win if getting Ayton costs us a combination of those guys. I'm of the understanding (and I may be wrong) that if Ayton was to choose Atlanta, Capela alone would represent the bulk of the value going back to the Suns. I'd argue the Hawks are in a great position in this case due to the fact that Phoenix would have a hard time replacing Ayton with another quality center if they are faced with trading him somewhere else.

Well taken, but I'd understood the #16 pick is part of the likely package.

And a trade win is further confounded in the fact that you go backwards on the very point where there is not even a little debate you need to advance... defense.

I'll say it again... or Columbo will... columbo.gif

35 minutes ago, terrell said:

JC and Ayton with Trae? We better have a dog defender at the 2 and 3.. Still iffy defensively..

My last post in this thread. I agree. You gotta have studs at the 2 and 3 and that's easier said than done.

Please post in the new thread 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

easier to follow

(That would seem to be a matter of poster discipline more than anything else, though, wouldn't it? I mean, a thread is a thread is a thread... ?)

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Improvement is not linear. 

This is true if the unit being assessed is one individual player.

But zooming out and looking at the trend for all NBA players drafted in the first round, it is a fair assumption (since I haven't actually ran the math myself) that improvement is more likely among players at age 23 than it is at age 26... ie, to the original point the poster was making, at least as I understood it.

• AHF locked this topic