• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

Hunter might be turning the corner. Always been high on him, but if his offense begins to match his defense then the Hawks have a bonafide player on their hands. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Everyone in the world is confused by this.  As a reminder, these guys all played more minutes than Cooper:

• Skylar Mays
  • TLC
  • Cam Reddish
  • Lou WilliamsCameron Oliver
  • Malcolm Hill
  • Lance Stephenson
  • Wes Iwundu
  • Chaundee Brown
  • Kevin Knox
  • Solomon Hill

And JJ couldn't see playing time with Gallo and JC hurt.  It makes no sense any way you cut it.  I understand not giving them minutes in October/November, but once we hit February there's no reason they can't catch ~10 minutes a game with how injured we stayed all year.

JJ got minutes when JC was hurt after the college park season ended. 

Also, when both JC and Capella was out with Covid was a prime opportunity for him to get playing time unforutnately, he got COVID too. 

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ps Some lady just tried to pull a fast one and pretend she got there before me in a 4 way stop 🛑

I went ahead and took my proper place in line and gave her one of these…

image.gif.0eb16e8e7d28f482d8beeff32e7c31a8.gif

Any other day fine, not today. 

@kg01 Where does it end? Today, you let a faker go ahead in traffic and tomorrow what, you got thugs PJ, Jimi and Marqueef Morris mugging Trae? :indifferent:

I mean, WHERE DOES IT FCKIN END???? 

So these are the stages.. denial, anger, sad.

Funny part is, she probably had no way to navigate how to do a 4-way stop.  People can't drive at all nowadays.

I started to say she probably didn't know how to navigate a 4-way but that's a whole other topic altogether.  🤠

On another note, for all the folks that're getting enamored with Hunter's performance, it can be argued that Reddish's performances were better last year and on a bigger stage.  Be careful thinking this is a 'star is born' moment.

And on another, nother note squd, your favorite mod on RgM out here attacking Hawks fans yet again .. then the other DAL mod locks the thread.  Typical.  I got my shot inb4thalock tho.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Pushing back on this.  A healthy Collins has roasted the Heat and their small ball line ups.  Is he small for a power forward?  I can only think of AD and Giannis who are bigger. 

True but his length isn't great and he's got narrow shoulders.  Agree with a healthy Collins and we're probably pushing this to 7, at worst.  But he's always getting pushed around when trying to dirt-work.  To his credit, he's shown better toughness than prior years.  But it's still a bit of a struggle for him, in general.

I'm a Collins fan, but I can see a world where it's better for us to move a year too soon rather than a year too late on him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

True but his length isn't great and he's got narrow shoulders.  Agree with a healthy Collins and we're probably pushing this to 7, at worst.  But he's always getting pushed around when trying to dirt-work.  To his credit, he's shown better toughness than prior years.  But it's still a bit of a struggle for him, in general.

I'm a Collins fan, but I can see a world where it's better for us to move a year too soon rather than a year too late on him.

I understand the hurt.  You want to get rid of everyone not named Trae at this point don't you?  BFIL giving you the business? 

Fight On The Street GIFs | Tenor

🤭

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I understand the hurt.  You want to get rid of everyone not named Trae at this point don't you?  BFIL giving you the business? 

🤭

I'm not legally allowed to talk about the BIL drama.  At this point, it's in the hands of the court (i.e. the wives).  The beef wellington is real, sir.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Question for campster or Sothron.  Was signing Chaundee Brown to a 2 way deal just a way to hold on to him for the Summer league or do they really value his play?  

They value him and he could be a rotation player next season depending on moves in the offseason. 

• Moderators

Well speaking of Gleague guys.  Anyone know anything about Tillman?   He destroyed in the games i saw and seemed like a perfect hustle big with scoring ability for a nba bench.  Is he too small or what's the deal there?

23/12 60% from the field, 37% from 3.  

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They value him and he could be a rotation player next season depending on moves in the offseason. 

Was kind of thinking this. With the types of moves being alluded to, there isn't much money to fill out the rest of the roster.

If Hunter gets on his Jaylen Brown workout plan this summer and Collins hires the whole East German Olympic training team to mask roid’ use, it would solve a lot of problems for this team.

Gallo is probably the toughest skillset to replace given that he’s the best iso/post scoring, ball handling, shooting big on the squad but his time has come. Maybe JJ1 can fulfill some of those in a more athletic package.

I can’t come up with any (available) scorers though that would offset the backcourt defense/size issue though without revamping the whole frontcourt. 

• Like 3

On the priority list to stay in my mind:

1. Trae

2. Okongwu

3. Hunter ( I think :indifferent: unless we get a deal)

4. Delon (UFA)

The rest of the team I like no doubt and some will be back.

I’m willing to dangle Collins, Capela, Bogi, Huerter, Gallo etc.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

On the priority list to stay in my mind:

1. Trae

2. Okongwu

3. Hunter ( I think :indifferent: unless we get a deal)

4. Delon (UFA)

The rest of the team I like no doubt and some will be back.

I’m willing to dangle Collins, Capela, Bogi, Huerter, Gallo etc.

This is where I'm at. I'd like to keep Huerter too because I think he's versatile bench guy, but I'm not losing sleep over trading him either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

And on another, nother note squd, your favorite mod on RgM out here attacking Hawks fans yet again .. then the other DAL mod locks the thread.  Typical.  I got my shot inb4thalock tho.  

Not surprised. Dallas joined my $hit list with the Shmelts and scrubs. 

I need Denver, Utah and the Bucks to end it soon. 

• Thanks 1

• Admin

This is very interesting ... I like the idea of getting bigger and more defensive.  I hate losing Bogi as he is my fav Hawk on the current roster but understand.  I am all for making trades instead of draft as there is no one really in there that I think will make the impact we need.  Our time to compete has come and we need the right pieces to do it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BangHolman said:

This is where I'm at. I'd like to keep Huerter too because I think he's versatile bench guy, but I'm not losing sleep over trading him either.

Ya the Huerter one is tough. He seems like the ultimate teammate but disappears, hasn’t gotten too much stronger and hasn’t taken too big a leap forward in growth. In fact, all things considered he came into the league a better passer to me, that’s prolly because Trae handles it a ton.

• Premium Member

Bigger = better imo.  We're building around one of the smallest guys to ever play the game, so we need to compensate.  Trae plus all-star level bigs, especially if one of them is elite, is a contending team imo.  We do need another ball handler, but that problem is partially solved if we have bigs that can take advantage of mismatches on switches.  This whole series we've had a bum foot/finger JC and Capela who cannot shoot outside of 6 inches, and he even misses those sometimes.  You cannot switch Bam onto Trae in that series if it means someone like Ayton is going to cook your small guard.  A healthy JC would have even made a world of difference in that series.  He's been killer posting up smalls this year but could not shoot well due to his finger.  I'd rather spend our money upgrading our front court from good to elite than bringing in a max level guard.  I'd be happy if the guard is an elite perimeter defender but those are very rare.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2