The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

I got a question….

first off as always @thecampster and @Sothron thanks for sharing the inside details you’ve heard. None of it is shocking news …my favorite part is that the hawks are prioritizing getting more physical and bigger around Trae…that’s exactly what fans like myself want to hear.

with that said here’s my question….does anyone in the front office believe Hunter can play the 2 for us?

i understand jury is out on his ball handling but maybe putting him up against 2s defensively who’d be smaller than him would not make his ball handling as critical as he’d then be able to go into a post up option in the midrange area. Kind of reminds me of how Paul pierce was used with the 08 Celtics where he received the ball at the free throw line. I don’t consider pierce a great dribbler, just a awesome ass scorer….hunter may be a better player using physicality to over power his opponents rather than trying tune up skills like his ball handling to be elite or really good.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Ben would fit in a number of roles, depending on the matchups defensively.  We could run him with a stretch 5, stretch 4 (JC), OO if he develops a midrange game, etc.  Him and Hunter would be a nice perimeter duo and allow us to more easily hide Trae. 

All of this with the giant caveat that he needs to actually be working out this summer and conditioning and actually playing basketball.  I have no idea what his mental health situation is like right now and if this would be a massive gamble or if it could work out.

Love everything about Ben minus

1. Heart

2. Broken shot

The rest is beautiful.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Love everything about Ben minus

1. Heart

2. Broken shot

The rest is beautiful.

I mostly worry about his attitude.  Trae's attitude also has me low-key worried, but he's here to stay, so I just don't want to add divas to the team.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

A full strength Collins isn't helping the Hawks win a championship.  THATS THE POINT.

Obama GIFs | Tenor

Please elaborate.  You think JC can't be a rotation player on a championship team.   I disagree.   

• Like 3

Can any of the insiders explain how the front office is sold on Nate?  I'd understand if it's because they don't want to eat that contact.   He was fully exposed in the heat series.   What offense is he running?  Defense was questionable.   Refusing to play players and full rotations.  Never knowing when to call time outs or use challenges.   If he stays he better make wholesale changes on his staff.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, phoostal said:

Can any of the insiders explain how the front office is sold on Nate?  I'd understand if it's because they don't want to eat that contact.   He was fully exposed in the heat series.   What offense is he running?  Defense was questionable.   Refusing to play players and full rotations.  Never knowing when to call time outs or use challenges.   If he stays he better make wholesale changes on his staff.   

This.  I'm fine with making roster changes, but I don't want to build a slow, plodding team for Nate only to find out that Nate isn't the head coach to be going forward with.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, phoostal said:

Nate isn't going to fire his son lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kg prediction: we end up with either Day2Davis or Simmons this offseason.   Not saying thats what I want, just feel thats how it ends up.

I'd live with a gamble on Simmons over AD.  AD won his ring and has been coasting since.  He's never not coasting.  He's the opposite of intensity.  And he has been downright horrible this year -- his shooting has regressed so far I'm not even sure he enjoys playing basketball.  Of course I'm not sure Simmons does either 😂

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kg prediction: we end up with either Day2Davis or Simmons this offseason.   Not saying thats what I want, just feel thats how it ends up.

Ya I can see that. Both have immense talent on the floor WHEN AVAILABLE.

I’ve always wanted talented players who are available to play. As a fan, it’s frustrating to have a Ant 🐜 or Simmons on the sideline lookin GQ. (Trae on GQ is ok :laugh1: well you get it).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You know if Ben goes through an act to make Brooklyn want to trade him to Atlanta.... It could be the biggest hoax since...

The Usual Suspects Verbal Kint GIF - The Usual Suspects Usual Suspects Verbal  Kint - Discover & Share GIFs

Keyser Sose

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

That's some nice vent, watchm.

Imagine if they get lOladipo and day-to-Davis.  Whew, we'd have some serious blingage on the sidelines for 70 games at least.

Don't be the team that lets one playoff game cause you to overpay a guy.  lOladipo was solid for them but, if he had to do that again in 2 days, he'd be toast.  Just like Bogd, shine one night but take a week to recover.

Bogi shine one night and then a week to recover? We watch different games I guess.  Bogi was arguably the best player in a 5 game streach 2 playin games and first 3 PO games before he got injured.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Maybe not playing Cooper was to keep his trade value high by not really showing what he can do or not do in the NBA.   That's an interesting play but probably not likely.

Cooper is a mid 2nd rd pick. While you can sometimes find diamonds in the rough, 90% of those guys are out of the league in 4 years. 

• Like 1

• AHF locked this topic