• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

48 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Drafting by body types is not smart scouting. Some of biggest draft misses are teams that passed on someone because they didn't look the part.

Point well taken but JJ is about as close to can't miss as you can get at 20.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Agreed. Don’t wanna see 7-26 from pg13 and a choke job in the playoffs. Easy pass.

PG is twice the player as JC and Bogi..IDC how old he is... lol

5 hours ago, thecampster said:

I really don't like the people bashing Huerter's defense. He's constantly asked to guard the hardest cover on the floor when Hunter isn't playing and if not, the 2nd hardest.  There was a game with NY where he was constantly being switched between Barrett and Randall so they could hide others and people were bagging on him a few days later.  All I could think was:

Best Kareem GIFs | Gfycat

He looked better when he played the 3 with Bogi at the 2.. Playing beside Trae will make you look worse than you really are.. That's why we need a dog at the 2 spot...

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Drafting by body types is not smart scouting. Some of biggest draft misses are teams that passed on someone because they didn't look the part.

Stephen Curry - Men's Basketball - Davidson College Athletics

Yeah.. What were they thinking??

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

I've been a staunch defender of Bogi and JC and will continue to remain so. Bogi plays the game the exact right way to me on offense. He looks for his shot without being a chucker or throwing off the entire offense to just go get his. He looks for other guys and will pass off if there's a better shot. When his knee isn't bothering him he also plays much better on defense to what is basically league average defense in modern NBA.

But I can't see Bogi coming back unless he's the starter again. The SG position is the one most likely to see a Bogi plus something else to try and find an upgrade and the leftover from Bogi/Kev becoming our new sixth man. 

JC is the heart and soul of the team. He's much better than you want to give him credit for. He can be a lob threat, he can hit three's at around 40% which is fantastic for a stretch four and he's an above average defender. All of those are things you want on your team.

However with the team determined to find another star player to put next to Trae you have to give something to get something. JC and CC are easily the most valuable non Trae Hawks. OO as well but it would have to be a doozy of a trade to get the Hawks to move OO.

That's why I'm saying I personally from what I have heard and what's been discussed with the other insiders leads me to a personal conclusion that two of Bogi, JC and CC are probably gone in the offseason. Hunter is also 50/50 to me, again this is personal conclusion not being directed told this, on coming back or being traded for an upgrade. 

"Heart and soul of the team"  Mr Steroid? lol

Why? Because he's a good guy?

Because he's been here 1yr longer than the others?

Trae cant stand JC imo...

JC is a good player, I just never liked the fit on a Trae led team..

Especially for 125 mill $. No way. He's just not that important to us winning and losing...

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

My take on Hunter..

While we’re at it.. Collins, Gallo, Bogi, Huerter, Capela.. if the price is right, pull the trigger, if they are lowballing us, keep it going. Just like BPA when drafting. Don’t make deals to make deals; cliche yes, however teams still do this to appease the fanbase. 

We have Trae, and a hungry young OO, to me, that’s our foundation moving forward, we build around what works with those two. 

One a stat guy obviously in Trae and another a no stat guy in OO. I don’t care which you are but bring something to the core. Whether it’s a big grinder like the old Trez or a combo guard or whatever but it’s time for a RETOOL now. 

For me, I was with Schlenk, this group earned to run it back with the ECF performance, but now we move on.

I just wish OO were 6'11/7'0 ft tall.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Does anyone here think Huerter is a starter btw? Campster deflected again. 😔 

I think he's a useful low-end starter. It would be nice if he was more skilled role player, like being a better playmaker or being able to catch and shoot after coming off screens. But his skillset as it stands is valuable. His weaknesses just get magnified when Trae isn't producing most of the offense.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

All of the metrics and eye test prove you wrong on that one. He's easily the 2nd best player on this team. 

Trae and JC get along fine. There's no real anger or hate between any of the players. That being said the chemistry could be better but that will be handled in the offseason. 

Agree to disagree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

Given 25 minutes a game, JJ is going to give you 15/6 rolling out of bed.  What concerns me is how young he looks, especially on D.  But I don't think we've seen an NBA frame this good in a Hawk's jersey in a long time. Its the best frame on the team, he just needs to grow into it.

I'm stoked about this kid.  He is the X factor for our franchise.  

Here's a question, where does JJ rank compared to the 2022 draft class?  If he was available as a draft pick this year, where does he get picked?   

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

IF true, and obviously that's still up for debate, but IF true then I am ALL the way out on Ayton. No thank you. Can you imagine the chemistry dysfunction on the Hawks with Trae who lives in the gym and is hellbent on squeezing every ounce of improvement out of his body, and then here rolls in Ayton on two hours of sleep after staying up all night gaming instead of working on his basketball skills? Oh heck naaaaw!

In that case and since Goberrated is not the answer for our Hawks either, just stick with Capela and OO for now and build a better supporting cast at the 2 and the 4 while holding on to Trae and Hunter. 

57 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

IF true, and obviously that's still up for debate, but IF true then I am ALL the way out on Ayton. No thank you. Can you imagine the chemistry dysfunction on the Hawks with Trae who lives in the gym and is hellbent on squeezing every ounce of improvement out of his body, and then here rolls in Ayton on two hours of sleep after staying up all night gaming instead of working on his basketball skills? Oh heck naaaaw!

In that case and since Goberrated is not the answer for our Hawks either, just stick with Capela and OO for now and build a better supporting cast at the 2 and the 4 while holding on to Trae and Hunter. 

So what I play 2K a ton and I’d still school you. What’s your point? :dance:

• Haha 1