• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

No one has any idea about what to do with our draft picks from last season or those due us this summer.

Who?  Me worry?  (Mad mag.)  Ask Nate, "Do they really exist?"  "Can you prove it?"

😎

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Who?  Me worry?  (Mad mag.) 

I had a friend that looked like Alfred. His brother and I would tease him to the point where he’d beat up his brother by the end of the day. Of course we were 11…

I might prank call him tonight and say sup Freddie Newwwww!!!!

:sarcastic:

• Haha 1

Luka has a gaming issue too I believe, a lot of these guys do, but a lot of us did in our early 20s I never got crazy with it but a few of my friends did and still do but I believe it will fade some as they mature and get bounced out of the playoffs a few times etc .  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, warcore said:

You assumed he was a first round pick because he's good. But he was a 2nd round steal. Leftover after cal-omari. 

No I remember where he got drafted I guess I just forgot the 2nd round picks and the kind of contracts they sign.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Half court....hell I might even have to go quarter court these days....but sure.

See I don’t do well in confined spaces. I was thinking a 4 on 4 full court run where I can spread my wings like a Hawk. :applause:

I need spacing to shoot ok!!!! There I said it.

ps I can’t create my own shot.

pps Can’t go left.

Maybe we should just continue the squawk discussions instead.. :indifferent:

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Half court....hell I might even have to go quarter court these days....but sure.

Man, you got to be completely outta shape to have to go full James Harden (playing only O, no D) in a halfcourt game.

'Cause you know once Harden's done, and only playing halfcourt, he'll be quarter-courtin' it.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Stuff like this is why John Hollkngwe is no longer a GM. :laugh1:

The Hawks have a ready salary match in a Gobert deal with a Clint Capela-Hunter combo, so the real questions are how much the Hawks need to add on top in terms of assets and draft picks and whether that price is ultimately worth it. The bare minimum would be adding in Jalen Johnson (needed to complete a salary match) and the 16th pick in this year’s draft; the Jazz likely would push for at least one future Atlanta first on top of that, plus the future first Charlotte owes the Hawks from the Cam Reddish trade. If the Jazz really push it, they might ask for a swap of Kevin Huerter for the unwanted contracts of Rudy Gay and Nickeil Alexander-Walker, too.

So … how much is too much? Is it worth going all-in on a soon-to-be 30-year-old center who will make $47 million in 2025-26? Where is the line at which the Hawks should pass? Keep in mind the Hawks won’t be the only team after Gobert, if he is truly available; surely Charlotte, for instance, would have eyes for him.

Soooo.....let's see:

Capela, Hunter, JJ, Huerter, 2022 #16, 2023 Charlotte 1st and a future Atlanta 1st for Gobert, Rudy Gay and NAW. 

🤬🤬

Like I've said before,  The hawks staff needs to get their azzes in the lab and stay out of the media.  This front office is becoming the laughing stock of the NBA world.  Get your d-mn players ready for next season guys.  Put the onus on yourself for a change and stop blaming the players all of the time.  If Spostra can get 4 undrafted free agents good enough to help a team win a championship, Y'all should be able to make the multiple 1st round picks better.  Good Grief!!

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Hawks have a ready salary match in a Gobert deal with a Clint Capela-Hunter combo, so the real questions are how much the Hawks need to add on top in terms of assets and draft picks and whether that price is ultimately worth it. The bare minimum would be adding in Jalen Johnson (needed to complete a salary match) and the 16th pick in this year’s draft; the Jazz likely would push for at least one future Atlanta first on top of that, plus the future first Charlotte owes the Hawks from the Cam Reddish trade. If the Jazz really push it, they might ask for a swap of Kevin Huerter for the unwanted contracts of Rudy Gay and Nickeil Alexander-Walker, too.

So … how much is too much? Is it worth going all-in on a soon-to-be 30-year-old center who will make $47 million in 2025-26? Where is the line at which the Hawks should pass? Keep in mind the Hawks won’t be the only team after Gobert, if he is truly available; surely Charlotte, for instance, would have eyes for him.

Soooo.....let's see:

Capela, Hunter, JJ, Huerter, 2022 #16, 2023 Charlotte 1st and a future Atlanta 1st for Gobert, Rudy Gay and NAW. 

🤬🤬

I’m with the last word that you see on your post. :laugh1: NAW sounds about right to the deal.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
On 5/17/2022 at 10:04 AM, thecampster said:

Call me crazy but being a glue guy was really helpful for the Hawks last year. They (again) had too many people interested in getting theirs, not willing to do the little things.  Kev isn't perfect and like I said, there's enough interest out there he might get traded in the off-season. I don't get the hate, Superman praise isn't warranted either.  He's a very average NBA starter. It is what it is. But bagging on him at this point isn't really profitable.  My 2 cents.

An average NBA starter is the 15th or 16th best starter at his position.  Kev isn’t in that discussion.  Not close.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Soooo.....let's see:

🤬🤬

Can easily see Utah asking for all that but Hawks would be asleep at the wheel to come even close to matching that price.  Gobert and that contract is simply cost prohibitive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 5/17/2022 at 3:42 PM, nathan2331 said:

I think he's a useful low-end starter. It would be nice if he was more skilled role player, like being a better playmaker or being able to catch and shoot after coming off screens. But his skillset as it stands is valuable. His weaknesses just get magnified when Trae isn't producing most of the offense.

He isn’t starter worthy and didn’t start because he was our best option at SG.  Most teams start the best player at a position.

We had the very unusual case of starting Huert because:

1) the bench badly needed a lead scorer and Bogi flourished in that role 

and

2) Huerter was garbage coming off the bench.

Again, most teams just play the better player (Bogi last season) in the starting lineup.

• Thanks 1