• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I've gotten good a bit of info to start part 1 tonight. 

Expect to be shocked. A lot of ish will happen this offseason. 

leonardo-dicaprio-toast.gif.d0a029601bcba17f0408cc9e9fb666ca.gif

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I hope it ain't bad news

Like?

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

A very common topic in most college business programs is the danger of group think.  The internet is the giant vat of group think. People tend to sit in their group thought bubbles and only listen to things they agree with and then venture out to expose others to those thoughts. They are so used to only hearing 1 real point of view that they aggressively attack opposing view points and cheer loudly when others agree. It's become so extreme on the internet that when people are being disrespectful or rude, they don't realize it because they see the person they are in disagreement with as diametrically opposed to reason.

I remember a graph in one of my classes about this that the more isolated a group becomes, the farther from center they move, the less likely they are to see points of agreement, the more all or nothing their points of contention become. This happens on both ends of the spectrum. The farther from center you move, the less exposed to information you become and by extension the less educated.  

Fandom falls into this category on a 30 points from center.  The more a fan of the Hawks you are, the less likely you are to be informed on players across the league. The more of a basketball generalist you are, the less likely you are to be engaged with the nuanced feelings of your favorite team.  I think because this is the internet, people find themselves arguing from a point of view that isn't appropriate to who they are arguing with.  Their perception of what is typed is affected by their worldview and they get angry or joyful when its not exactly how they interpreted it.

image.gif.d59eaec8cc72a241e2e934468a3e792b.gif

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Gimme all your BULL$HIT BROTHA! Bring it on! At this point, why not? Whose coming here? KAT? Terry Cummings out of retirement? I’m ready for anything at this point.

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I hope it ain't bad news

Depends on Supes mood when he “heard” it 😂 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

I've been on this board for a long time, joined back in 2008/2009 and finally made my first post in 2010. I'm nowhere near the longest tenured member here but I can honestly say @NBASupes, @Sothron, and @thecampster have all been proven right with their insider knowledge. 

You're still pretty new here and you don't know how everyone talks, that isn't your fault, but personal attacks aren't needed here. 

Campster typically only speaks to the value of players and the salary cap/CBA implications. When speaking of a potential trade, he rarely mentions draft picks being involved and it's always understood that they would be involved. 

I hope you stick around and continue discussing with us, there's always great nuggets of info being dropped. 

Thank you for the kind words. I used to keep track of the things we broke here on the Squawk but stopped caring to do it. You either believe us or you don't. I'm not tilting at someone else's windmill. 

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

I've been a fan for a while.  If he fully recovers and is still able to attack the rim, I'm all for Lavine.  He isn't my first option as far as two guard, but he's in my top three. I'd prefer SGA and Ayton this off season, but that's a pipe dream. 

get out of my head. Ayton and SGA is my dream offseason as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Dream scenario for me for sure.  Can't imagine SGA is available at all. 

I think he would be for the right price. They have a timeline issue developing in OKC with the tons of picks they have and Giddey showing he's clearly the PG of the future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think he would be for the right price. They have a timeline issue developing in OKC with the tons of picks they have and Giddey showing he's clearly the PG of the future.

This is what I said a while back but I was shutdown.. lol

They also have the other young PG they just drafted..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It’s been 5 hours since Supes posted this. You know he’s going to drop a multi volume TL;GRA* bomb. I can see him knuckle cracking and hunting and pecking like a madman. 

* - To Long;Gonna Read Anyway 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Man I hope so. I tried to convince myself of that early in the postseason but couldn't believe it. LoL. 

SGA would be an ideal fit next to Trae imo. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

It’s been 5 hours since Supes posted this. You know he’s going to drop a multi volume TL;GRA* bomb. I can see him knuckle cracking and hunting and pecking like a madman. 

* - To Long;Gonna Read Anyway 

Hawks going after Ayton?..... Gobert?...Lavine?. SGA?.. .......Sac KIngs sill interested in JC rumors?  Come on Supes.. Give us something... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Count me in as those curious to hear @NBASupes latest. 

Aren’t you on of the authors he collaborated with? :eyebrow:

:sarcastic:Soth says count me in as those curious to see whose curious to read my stuff… :indifferent:

I kid of course.