• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

Great insight.  I am kind of wondering about the 2019 draft.  I can't recall who was available but if there had been a solid 2 then we should have taken him.  Instead we basically took 2 3's with Hunter and Reddish and potentially neither one of those guys will be here next year, and Trae needs a strong 2 to go with him.  Schlenk really has his work cut out for him.   I think the Hawks need to focus on 2 and 4 next year and they will need to find ways trade Collins, Huerter, and Bogi; then waive Gallinari.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, agentorange90 said:

Great insight.  I am kind of wondering about the 2019 draft.  I can't recall who was available but if there had been a solid 2 then we should have taken him.  Instead we basically took 2 3's with Hunter and Reddish and potentially neither one of those guys will be here next year, and Trae needs a strong 2 to go with him.  Schlenk really has his work cut out for him.   I think the Hawks need to focus on 2 and 4 next year and they will need to find ways trade Collins, Huerter, and Bogi; then waive Gallinari.

How about ... Tyler Herro?

7 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm not certain what this means.  JC could be a helpful piece in winning a championship.  He can't be the #2 option or anything but we've seen guys like Boris Diaw, Udonis Haslem, Rasheed Wallace, Robert Horry, Horace Grant, etc. play important roles on championship teams "helping" them to win a ring even if they weren't stars.  JC feels very at home to me among that group.  Don't see why he couldn't be a significant piece on the right roster.

Hold up.  I was referring to what the OP said his insider said about how the Hawks feel about Collins, not me personally.  Look at what the OP said that his insider said about the Hawks and tell me if they think Collins is part of a championship team in Atlanta.  THATS THE POINT of the insider trade talk involving potentially moving Collins:

Collins – Management loves John the person. Management also thinks John is a better fit next to a dominant center or elsewhere. John is not strong enough, big enough and is hurt too much to put next to Trae and Clint. They know his athleticism will fade.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Collins next to Gobert or Ayton would flourish. If that doesn't happen then we're better off moving him to get a star player somewhere else.

Collins next to Ayton would be a fantastic duo.  I know you don't like Ben, but if they can somehow swing a Ben trade and keep Collins, that would be a championship lineup.

Ayton

Simmons

Collins

Hunter

Young

That's surrounding Trae with size!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I would like that team a lot actually but how do we fit that in the cap? Capela, Bogi and I'm not sure how Gallo's deal works in terms of the waiving for the 5 million only but I'm down for that team.

If Ben Simmons was mentally healthy I would be pounding the podium to get him in Atlanta. Maybe he can get there. For his sake regardless of where he plays I hope he gets there.

For sure, you have to look at the human side and really wish him to get well.

It may be timing, but you can send Capella and Gallo out to match a max contract with Ayton.  It'll save the Suns money and you have to throw in some sort of draft capital. 

The unrealistic portion of my trade would be getting Ben Simmons w/o giving up Collins.

The Hawks would probably have the highest payroll in the NBA.

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Collins next to Ayton would be a fantastic duo.  I know you don't like Ben, but if they can somehow swing a Ben trade and keep Collins, that would be a championship lineup.

Ayton or Gobert 

Simmons

Collins

Hunter

Young

That's surrounding Trae with size!

I was just getting ready to post this lineup. I mean on a defensive perspective JC would play the 4 and if we got Gobert instead of Ayton clearly we lose a lot of offense at the 5 and have two non shooters on the floor but hey I’m willing to move forward with two non shooters if it means picking up another elite playmaker in Simmons.

Whats going to be tough is surrounding Trae with size, physicality, and shooting ….it’s not too tough to get Bigger tougher players around Trae but to do that and hope that they can shoot as well as this current group would be extremely tough.

in a realistic world I guess you can’t really keep collins if we were to ever get Gobert however. But I really like the idea of putting Hunter at the 2 going forward IF we can add Ben Simmons.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I would like that team a lot actually but how do we fit that in the cap? Capela, Bogi and I'm not sure how Gallo's deal works in terms of the waiving for the 5 million only but I'm down for that team.

If Ben Simmons was mentally healthy I would be pounding the podium to get him in Atlanta. Maybe he can get there. For his sake regardless of where he plays I hope he gets there.

I love that team too! That’s what I would prefer going forward…it would be a dream come true. It’s kind of crazy that I’m still intrigued to add Simmons with all that’s going on it may be best to stay away from him but his value has to be at all time low big time and I don’t know if another trade would push him further back or motivate him.

• Like 1