The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

10 hours ago, thecampster said:

From Kirschner's Athletic article yesterday afternoon. https://theathletic.com/3274544/2022/04/27/atlanta-hawks-loss-trae-young/

"

A shakeup has to be coming ... The clearest way Atlanta will look to improve is through a trade. Collins has to be considered the likeliest person to move, because the Hawks just don't have high-level trade pieces to dramatically improve the roster. Its Collins or Capela, and it wouldnt be surprising to see both elsewhere, even though they're each meaningful players for the Hawks.

Hunter, who had his best game of the season in Game 5, scoring 35 points, was below-average for most of the season. Your'e likely not getting quality back if Hunter is the main piece of a trade right now ... Bogdanovic will be 30 at the start of next season ... Gallinari is an interesting player to monitor because of his contract situation (his deal next season is only partially guaranteed) but likely will end up being a cap casualty anyways. ... 

"The Hawks need more proven talent on the roster. That much is clear. They need better ballhandlers, better perimeter defenders, better role players, better vets, better leadership. "

Well duh, been saying this forever... Especially the leadership part....

18 hours ago, marco102 said:

Collins next to Ayton would be a fantastic duo.  I know you don't like Ben, but if they can somehow swing a Ben trade and keep Collins, that would be a championship lineup.

Ayton

Simmons

Collins

Hunter

Young

That's surrounding Trae with size!

Collins/Ayton would be soft as hell on defense...

And JC at the 3? 

JC is as good as gone imo

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

AD is so soft I don't know if I want him as center.  He doesn't even want to play center... he wants to shoot middies and 3s all day and defend PFs.  There's also a massive question of motivation with AD seeing as he was fairly underwhelming this year and the guy has never had much fire/intensity to him, something this team needs badly.

Trading for AD feels just as risky as trading for Ben Simmons

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

With Trae you need two wings that are good athletes that can defend... One 3pt shot based and the other dribble and drive based... And a PF that can score inside.

Athletes, Athletes, and more athletes Please..........

Has Trae ever thrown a lob to anyone other than a Center on our team?

That's how unathletic we are...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You are as bad as Diesel with Superbust Marvin but at least Diesel was RIGHT about Superbust. JC is a good player. Your agenda against him is kinda bizarre tbh.

My agenda? Did yall read the article.. Sounds like its Schlenks agenda as well.. I just dont think hes the right fit for us at PF.. Good grief...

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Seriously, what else would you call it?  You are always talking crap about Collins and never give him any credit. How is that not hate?

Ive gave him credit before.. 

I like JC the person, just like the FO...

Edited by terrell

5 hours ago, thecampster said:

For those crapping on Davis, remember that he brings a facet to the game the Hawks have not had in a long time. He has a faceup game at the elbows and other mid range, some 3 point range (best from corners). His ability to stretch the floor at the 5 in all directions would be nightmarish coupled with Trae.  A Davis, JC pairing allows JC to become the lob threat again as the Center is no longer required to clog the middle. Health is the only concern but Davis has the benefit that Clint doesn't of being able to play both the 4 and the 5 and shoot from outside 5 feet.  Davis at the center would have drug Adebayo out of the lane.

Yeah, but those injuries are the biggest concern.  The Lakers would not be getting a quality young player in return. 

They will take Gallo and Bogi and draft compensation and like it! 

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 2