• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick #16.....

JayBirdHawk

Confused by the trade back from 44 to 51 and 2 million. Whose the better player. Hope the Hawks can find a way to get Ayton other wise I wish they had aggressively pursued Duren or Williams. This summer will be interesting. Will need the find some high energy,high intensity  physical ballers that attack as soon as the whistle blows even if we get Ayton.  Actually especially if we get Ayton. Guys who will hit Draymond before he hits them. 

8 hours ago, gurpilo said:

We could have picked Kendall Brown or Minnott at 44, I don't understand the trade

That trade was made so Tony could pocket $2 million.  There was no basketball reason to make that trade.

• 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

giphy.gif

oh @marco102 @Spud2nique Look here a minute - I have something to show ya!:stirthepot:

Now...

giphy.gif

What’s the show from with the guy leaving, his body language is hilarious!!! Is that the one AHF told me to watch.. community or something? Dude looks like Lafarge in payroll from Seinfeld and Frasier too 😂 

I meant parks n rec.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

What’s the show from with the guy leaving, his body language is hilarious!!! Is that the one AHF told me to watch.. community or something? Dude looks like Lafarge in payroll from Seinfeld and Frasier too 😂 

Yes.  You need to watch Arrested Development.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yes.  You need to watch Arrested Development.

That’s it!!!!! Why do I get parks n rec, community and Arrested mixed up! 

I generally catch on to new shoes after they are a decade old 😂 

with the exception of 

Breaking Bad, Saul, Lost (I think I took 220 hikes during that period lol).

On 6/19/2022 at 4:54 PM, NBASupes said:

Griffin at 16?

On 6/19/2022 at 8:31 PM, NBASupes said:

Best fits for the Hawks at 16th overall: 

https://voca.ro/1oSSmwzFKuL2

On 6/19/2022 at 8:33 PM, Spud2nique said:

No way he last time 16, he’s gone by 11 at the latest more like 7 or 8.

On 6/19/2022 at 8:48 PM, NBASupes said:

There's a chance. His stock is falling similar to JJ last year. Where everyone has him in the top 10 and he falls. 

His lack of defensive position and injury concerns could see him slide. 

On 6/19/2022 at 8:53 PM, kg01 said:

#EZPassLane..... you know I'm right.

On 6/19/2022 at 8:55 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

So why should the Hawks select him.

Jinx :laugh1:

On 6/19/2022 at 9:12 PM, NBASupes said:

He has a floor of 15PPG and a ceiling of 24PPG. So offensively, he can be a stud similar to how Herro is a stud for Miami off the bench as a 6th man. 

On 6/19/2022 at 9:15 PM, warcore said:

I see both sides of the above 'why should they select him?' argument....

My simple answer is, because it's the #16 pick. He's not expected to be there because he does have some upside. Just axe @Spud2nique .... I'm not as high on him as he is, but would take the gamble if he's there at #16. It would be in line with us getting JC and JJ. 

On 6/19/2022 at 9:27 PM, NBASupes said:

He ain't Justice Winslow AT ALL. Winslow is MILES better defensively and he's a better athlete. Lateral, Winslow was top notch. They have a similar body type and ball handling but that's where it ends. Griffin is offensive skilled af. Winslow well, isn't. Winslow also can't shoot, Griffin is lights out. They are polar opposites.

People bet that Winslow would be a shooter, he would be a star. Whereas, Griffin, most kinda know what he is. A great offensive talent but has no defensive position, at all.  

On 6/19/2022 at 9:34 PM, kg01 said:

I also recall you saying Griffin wasn't quite there as a shooter either.

I can't think of a reason he's considered a lottery pick .... other than the fact that people just keep listing him as such.  Weird.

Seems a clear bust candidate to me.  Like, crystal clear.

On 6/19/2022 at 9:40 PM, NBASupes said:

I don't recall saying that. 

His offensive talent for me is why he is but if he falls out, it's because he's best as a backup. Most guys who fall like JJ and JC fall because no one knows their real position as a prospect. They have to develop into it. 

@Spud2nique, @kg01, @JayBirdHawk, @warcore

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 10:01 PM, nathan2331 said:

AJ Griifin would be a nice addition for us if he's there. If we have a JJ/OO pairing in the frontcourt off the bench next year, Griffin can provide spacing in the lineup. I'm less concerned about his defense in that role because we potentially could have JJ, Huerter or even Delon taking tougher defensive assignments leaving Griffin with less responsibility on that end. If the injury issues get better in the future though, he'd be a great wing to bring off the bench. I don't think Griffin will fall that far though. Jalen Williams or Ochai Agbaji ae who I see us selecting if we keep the #16 pick.

On 6/19/2022 at 11:49 PM, Spud2nique said:

No way. I’m willing to make an avatar bet on it. He ain’t dropping like JJ. Don’t get me wrong JJ is a baller but I don’t think GM’s are gonna sleep on this kid. He’s got that IT.

My guys are him and Keegan Murray.

Don’t worry though I’ve gotten the player I want the Hawks to pick in the draft twice in 35 years.

91- Augmon

2020- OO

On 6/19/2022 at 11:53 PM, NBASupes said:

You underestimate how much teams today value medicals and positional versatility. He does have offensive BBIQ, athleticism, and size. 

On 6/20/2022 at 12:26 AM, Spud2nique said:

And dog. The most important to me.

On 6/21/2022 at 9:36 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

On 6/21/2022 at 10:19 AM, kg01 said:

As a GT guy, we call it 'sting'.  Gimme some guys that got that 'sting' in 'em.

On 6/21/2022 at 10:36 AM, Spud2nique said:

Dang I like that. I do like your colors too. Where do I fill out an application to be a GT fan? See you or..?

On 6/22/2022 at 3:40 PM, KB21 said:

I'm sticking with my initial thought.  If the Hawks draft a player at 16, then it needs to be Jaden Hardy.  

On 6/23/2022 at 9:05 AM, macdaddy said:

Really?  What's the deal with Banchero?  Other than being at Duke.   I know nothing about these guys this year. 

On 6/23/2022 at 9:08 AM, Spud2nique said:

Just an eye 👁 test. Again I also didn’t think highly of Blake Griffin about 15 years ago. Something about his game, I can’t really put my finger on it but I don’t think he should go 3rd, there are a few players better to me.

On 6/23/2022 at 9:27 AM, Spud2nique said:

Wow.. 😂 so…. Not everyone loves the Spud 👁 test apparently 🤨 

@Spud2nique, @kg01, @JayBirdHawk, @nathan2331, @KB21, @macdaddy, @warcore

Edited by NBASupes