• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick #16.....

JayBirdHawk

Despite the news that the Hawks will  more than likely trade the pick.  I am not totally convinced they will.  Travis seems to like keeping his 1st rounders for talent on the cheap.   The players I like for the Hawks are Tari Eason SF/PF , Blake Wesley SG/ PG. and Nikola Jovic  SF./PF.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Devoe is gonna be another steal. Hope we get in on the ground floor with this one since we totally whiffed on Baller-ado.

Of course I'm talking about 2nd round picks since the 1st will surely be traded. 😎

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, shakes said:

none of those players are #16 material.  Must be second round scouting.

In fairness, we would've said the same about Baller-ado this time last year.  Fast-forward to now and the dude is good enough to get the nutt-kick treatment after shuttin' Paul's arse down for a couple playoff games.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

In fairness, we would've said the same about Baller-ado this time last year.  Fast-forward to now and the dude is good enough to get the nutt-kick treatment after shuttin' Paul's arse down for a couple playoff games.

so are you saying we should start drastically increasing the value of all Georgia Tech products because one player ended up exceeding his perceived draft value?

And to that I say tell that to the poor schmucks who drafted Josh Okogie, Derrick Favors, Javarius Critterton, Jason Collier, Dion Glover, Matt Harpring. Tommy Hammonds, etc.

Very few players from G Tech outplayed their draft position.  Mark Price, Grand Theft Alvarado.  That might be it for the last 40+ years.

So yea, might want to put down the YellowJacket crack pipe for a bit.

But big ups to Brian Oliver since we represented his father (or maybe it was his uncle).

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shakes said:

so are you saying we should start drastically increasing the value of all Georgia Tech products because one player ended up exceeding his perceived draft value?

And to that I say tell that to the poor schmucks who drafted Josh Okogie, Derrick Favors, Javarius Critterton, Jason Collier, Dion Glover, Matt Harpring. Tommy Hammonds, etc.

Very few players from G Tech outplayed their draft position.  Mark Price, Grand Theft Alvarado.  That might be it for the last 40+ years.

So yea, might want to put down the YellowJacket crack pipe for a bit.

But big ups to Brian Oliver since we represented his father (or maybe it was his uncle).

Well, the tell is my response to jaybird where I made it clear I was referring to 2nd round selections.  So, in reality, you and I actually agree on Devoe.

But I'm gonna take a few minutes to compose myself.  Your unwarranted assault on GT has left me shaken.  I mean, is this what Ukraine feels like?

And to evoke the name of Javari... I can't even finish it.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47kl3ar3em648qj3c2b8

.. then again .... the team always needs shootin.... nooo, nope.  Don't do it, kg.  Just walk away.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e476kxajn0idut59gfmar

• Haha 4

@JayBirdHawk I opened this thread up last night wanting to give 5-10 deals for each of the offers, I looked around the league and couldn’t put a deal together. :blanky:

I mean there were some out there but they are either lateral or a downgrade. 

Back at it again tonight. Lol. #cantstopwontstop

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@JayBirdHawk I opened this thread up last night wanting to give 5-10 deals for each of the offers, I looked around the league and couldn’t put a deal together. :blanky:

I mean there were some out there but they are either lateral or a downgrade. 

Back at it again tonight. Lol. #cantstopwontstop

Lu Dort for #16

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

Quenton Jackson is an interesting one in the 2nd. Potential 6th man type skill set. 

Yeah... I was looking at the prospect and of them, he's the best in this batch IMHO.  I just watched him destroying Keon Ellis when TAMU played UA.   Sadly, I like the package on Ellis and thought he could be a pick up.   But Jackson.. comes in.. Eats a little more...  6'5 and if you can get him to 205.. he would be dangerous. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Preferably this pick is packaged with other assets to upgrade the roster. If for some reason Schlenk keeps the pick then I'd like to see Dyson Daniels in a Hawks uniform.

If we're talking #16... I'm not in love with Daniels that high.

Give me Mark Williams.   He is a product of IMG... and Duke.   He has great size and may get a little bigger.   His defense is great and his offense is on the way.  His Court Awareness is really good. 

• Thanks 1