• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick #16.....

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Yawn. Let me know when our rotation opens up for rookies again. I'm not even sure JJ or Rife get to play next season at this rate.

Yeah i don't know.  You almost have to see JJ at this point.  Nate has to know that he isn't going to survive as coach playing TLC and Dieng.   Not that they'll be back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah i don't know.  You almost have to see JJ at this point.  Nate has to know that he isn't going to survive as coach playing TLC and Dieng.   Not that they'll be back. 

:Baze: "What's that?  There's an opening for a washed no3'nnotmuchD guy down in the A?"

:Millsap: "Yeah I heard they was lookin' for a washed pseudo-big down there too."

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 4/29/2022 at 7:54 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

While it seems more likely than not we trade the pick this year, IF: 

2. We trade the pick Capela style (we also traded #16 for him) who should we target for a player upgrade using the following scenarios:

I'm still trying to come up with an idea for a Capela like trade.

We traded Evan Turner's expiring contract and #16 via Brooklyn for Clint.

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Diesel...your guy!

This is who the Hawks should draft if they keep the pick. 

You heard it here first.  6.5"  6'10" wingspan great scorer, passing ability and defensive potential. 

AJ Griffin falls, they should move up to get him.  - To me, he will probably be one of the top three players in this class. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You think of tankathon?

https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

yeah, I saw that and was happy. 

Sam Vecenie had the Hawks taking him too. 

16. Atlanta Hawks

Malaki Branham | 6-5 wing | 19 years old | Ohio State

The name of the game with Branham is shooting — and scoring. Branham closed the season on a tear, deservedly winning the Big Ten’s Freshman of the Year award and playing well in Ohio State’s two NCAA Tournament games. In his final 22 games, Branham averaged 17 points on 52.8 percent from the field and 43.2 percent from 3. He was outstanding as a shot creator over his final portion of the season.

Though Branham isn’t an elite athlete, he does a great job of getting defenders off-balanced when attacking and getting downhill. He has a pure midrange game that bodes well for his long-term success. He can break down guys in isolation, get separation with a series of hesitations and crossovers, and rise up to knock down a shot. He needs to improve on defense — he’s pretty rough there right now — but scouts expect he will be a top-20 pick.

I don't think he's rough there.  He's just super young, but has all the tools to be a very good two way player.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

yeah, I saw that and was happy. 

Sam Vecenie had the Hawks taking him too. 

I don't think he's rough there.  He's just super young, but has all the tools to be a very good two way player.

"Isnt an elite athlete"

No thanks. We have enough of those...

Someone I’d like to target in the 2nd is Aminu Mohammed from Georgetown.

That program is an absolute dumpster fire under Ewing - and Aminu had an up-and-down freshman year - but the youngster already has an NBA body and has an incredible work ethic.

His game has plenty of areas where he can improve, but he has the right attitude and some of the right pieces.