Pick #16.....

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Absolutely, positively not in the draft.  Rookies ain't gonna cure what ails us.

Y'all think too short term! This is why Miami with all of its 2nd round picks and undrafted players is playing 3 dimensional chess while the Hawks are playing give away checkers

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all think too short term! This is why Miami with all of its 2nd round picks and undrafted players is playing 3 dimensional chess while the Hawks are playing give away checkers

The Heat are a product of superior coaching and players that have bought in their system. Guys like Strus and Robinson are not special. What has made the difference for them is facing teams dealing with bigger injury issues than their own.

The Hawks issues haven't been our draft picks. We basically limped into the playoffs and got rewarded with an early exit. 

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

The Heat are a product of superior coaching and players that have bought in their system. Guys like Strus and Robinson are not special. What has made the difference for them is facing teams dealing with bigger injury issues than their own.

The Hawks issues haven't been our draft picks. We basically limped into the playoffs and got rewarded with an early exit. 

It this is the case then why so many torch bearers around these parts?

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

It this is the case then why so many torch bearers around these parts?

Beacause we had a lackluster season and some changes need to be made. I don't think its a talent issue though. Coaching is a problem and health is the other. Trades can bring in better players though which obviously helps.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

So you're saying miami passed us by using 2nd round picks and undrafted guys instead of drafting with their 1sts ... but you're saying my advocating getting better by means other than drafting with our 1sts is a problem?

3D chess, indeed. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So you're saying miami passed us by using 2nd round picks and undrafted guys instead of drafting with their 1sts ... but you're saying my advocating getting better by means other than drafting with our 1sts is a problem?

3D chess, indeed. 

The point is that sometimes all you need is right in front of you...you just need to know how to use what you have effectively...reference to the 2015 Hawks

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

The point is that sometimes all you need is right in front of you...you just need to know how to use what you have effectively

So forfeit the pick?

You're missing my point in a strange attempt to make yours. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

3D chess, indeed. 

giphy.gif

Edited by warcore
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/2/2022 at 8:42 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Lu Dort for #16

I'm circling back to this. The most OKC can offer Dort on an extension this offseason is 4yr/$56 million, otherwise he can become an URFA next offseason and ANY team can sign him outright using their capspace.  Word is OKC may prefer to go into the 2023 season with only Shai on a long term contract, so they may not extend Dort this offseason.

So I'm expanding the deal:

OKC trades Favors ($10.1), Muscala($3.5), Dort ($1.9) and Kenrich Williams($2) for Gallo (Hawks guarantee his $21.4 mil salary), 2022 Atlanta 1st #16, Charlotte 2023 Protected 1st (if needed and if the Hawks can work out extensions with both Dort and Williams). Hawks save $3.9 million

Trade occurs prior to the draft.

New Roster:

PG: Young (36.6), Wright, Cooper
SG: Huerter(14.5) Bogi (18), Dort
SF: Hunter (9.8), Williams
PF: Collins (23.5), Johnson (2.7), Favors
C - Capela (19.7), Okongwu (6.3), Muscala

Trade would occur prior to the draft which means we can still trade any of the newly acquired players as long as they are traded separately. They cannot be aggregated for 30 days (I think).

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 7:54 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

While it seems more likely than not we trade the pick this year, IF: 

1. We kept the pick, what position should we target and who should we select?

2. We trade the pick Capela style (we also traded #16 for him) who should we target for a player upgrade using the following scenarios:

-Gallo + #16 =

-Bogi + #16 =

-Huerter + #16 =

-Collins + #16 =

While I doubt we pick, i would again ask for an older player.  Tari Eason would be my pick.

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm circling back to this. The most OKC can offer Dort on an extension this offseason is 4yr/$56 million, otherwise he can become an URFA next offseason and ANY team can sign him outright using their capspace.  Word is OKC may prefer to go into the 2023 season with only Shai on a long term contract, so they may not extend Dort this offseason.

So I'm expanding the deal:

OKC trades Favors ($10.1), Muscala($3.5), Dort ($1.9) and Kenrich Williams($2) for Gallo (Hawks guarantee his $21.4 mil salary), 2022 Atlanta 1st #16, Charlotte 2023 Protected 1st (if needed and if the Hawks can work out extensions with both Dort and Williams). Hawks save $3.9 million

Trade occurs prior to the draft.

New Roster:

PG: Young (36.6), Wright, Cooper
SG: Huerter(14.5) Bogi (18), Dort
SF: Hunter (9.8), Williams
PF: Collins (23.5), Johnson (2.7), Favors
C - Capela (19.7), Okongwu (6.3), Muscala

Trade would occur prior to the draft which means we can still trade any of the newly acquired players as long as they are traded separately. They cannot be aggregated for 30 days (I think).

Id start Dort at the 2 if we had him..

Edited by terrell