• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How would you revamp/rebuild???

sillent

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't see the incentive for Detroit to do this deal?  

It would be Grant/Olynk for Bogi/Kev...  OK.. What else are we giving them?

I don't know if you all have recognized but Detroit just picked up a Franchise player. 

Why would they trade away a player that can be an important part of their fabric.

imagine....  They luck out and get Jabari Smith in the lottery.

That's a future of  Caden, Grant, and Smith  a potential big 3. 

You think they want to give that up for Trick Knee and Red Velvet... 

Agreed.  My point was moreso that Grant would be a massive upgrade over either of those 2, not that that would be the actual trade.  We would likely have to throw in a first(s) or structure a different package for him altogether.  But we should absolutely try.

Sure, Detroit picked up Cade and could luck out in the draft, but they still aren't close to competing.  Grant can be had IMO, he's been rumored all over the place.  Possible high price tag though since a lot of teams may want him.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't know if you all have recognized but Detroit just picked up a Franchise player. 

Why would they trade away a player that can be an important part of their fabric.

Right lol, everyone needs to role play being a fan of the team we're trading with before posting trades

• Like 1

Haha, you are right, but I still think he would be a great addition to this team.   Probably have to play Wright at the 2 or grab someone else.  We just can't start Heurter/Bogi beside Trae in the same backcourt anymore if we expect to go deeper into the playoffs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

lol wasn’t my trade idea …but you’re probably right . They would want more.

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Our 'answer' is having back surgery soon.

#SimmonsApologistsUnite!!!

I was all about bringing in Ben midseason (which would have SUCKED in hindsight) but now I'm very leery.  However, the one possible positive now is getting Ben at a discount if he's considered damaged goods. But it would obviously be a HUGE risk.  Now sure I'm willing to take.  Just thing there's more viable options.  Or at least there appears to be.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AtLaS said:

Sure, Detroit picked up Cade and could luck out in the draft, but they still aren't close to competing.  Grant can be had IMO, he's been rumored all over the place.  Possible high price tag though since a lot of teams may want him.

Iunno...They will go as Cade Goes. 

I understand that they only won 23 games, but Grant only played in 47 and they only had Bagwell for 18.   I say that they pretty much tanked down the stretch but had some good wins over good teams.  The question will be answered fairly soon because they can give him a 4 year 112 Million dollar extension and he will be theirs until 2027.  He's young, their young but the ownership has to make that decision.   You have pundits who try to talk as though it's a done deal that he's going to be traded.   However,  This is not the Hawks trading Bazemore after Trae got here.    It's possible that Detroit will be in the mix rather quickly based on their talent and potential. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Grant is barely playing SF these days, he's playing more PF.

He's pretty overlapping with Hunter, so I'm not sure what we would do with him if we landed him.  He's not going to help our size issues if he's playing PF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I was all about bringing in Ben midseason (which would have SUCKED in hindsight) but now I'm very leery.  However, the one possible positive now is getting Ben at a discount if he's considered damaged goods. But it would obviously be a HUGE risk.  Now sure I'm willing to take.  Just thing there's more viable options.  Or at least there appears to be.  

I hear you, but prove this.

20 hours ago, Diesel said:

Iunno...They will go as Cade Goes. 

I understand that they only won 23 games, but Grant only played in 47 and they only had Bagwell for 18.   I say that they pretty much tanked down the stretch but had some good wins over good teams.  The question will be answered fairly soon because they can give him a 4 year 112 Million dollar extension and he will be theirs until 2027.  He's young, their young but the ownership has to make that decision.   You have pundits who try to talk as though it's a done deal that he's going to be traded.   However,  This is not the Hawks trading Bazemore after Trae got here.    It's possible that Detroit will be in the mix rather quickly based on their talent and potential. 

Detroit improved quite a bit over the second half once Cade got going.  Now, they still are not good but another high lottery pick to go with Cade and some of the supplemental pieces they have (Bey and Stewart) could make them very interesting in 2 years and at that point they may want or may not want Grant for veteran leadership - I have no idea what type of locker room presence he is.  

I don't think Grant moves the needle much for the Hawks unless it is part of a series of trades (likely with Hunter exiting).

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Detroit improved quite a bit over the second half once Cade got going.  Now, they still are not good but another high lottery pick to go with Cade and some of the supplemental pieces they have (Bey and Stewart) could make them very interesting in 2 years and at that point they may want or may not want Grant for veteran leadership - I have no idea what type of locker room presence he is.  

I don't think Grant moves the needle much for the Hawks unless it is part of a series of trades (likely with Hunter exiting).

I just watched how fast when went from shit to sugar and I say don't count Detroit out.   IN this generation of the NBA, Change happens quickly.. Look at Cleveland and Minny.   The right player can make all the difference in being a lottery team and vying for a playoff spot to being in the finals of your conference.   Detroit has a lot of good young players.   They have a good coach.  They don't need a whole lot to turn it around. 

Here’s a random one. Not sure if they’d be interested, but who would do something like this? 

Huerter/Onyeka/Gallo for Poole/Wiggins

poole takes over at the 2. We look to get max value for Hunter from here or flip Wiggins. 

GS saves a lot on the LT after waiving Gallo. Huerter fits in seamlessly at the 2. OO is the future Draymond for them. 

Edited by h4wkfan

I hope the front office is watching these remaining playoff games because the refs really swallow their whistles during this time.

we don’t have a physical enough team around Trae to even compete with this level of physicality and amount of fouls all these teams are doing!…im not saying players should learn how to play with being fouled cause that’s not basketball but in a way I kinda am saying you need to learn how to play through it in the playoffs.

I hope schlenk gets another star next to Trae first and foremost but it’s just as much as a priority to get bigger, tougher, more physical around Trae….I hope this isn’t overlooked!!!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I ran the Dieselputer and I came up with the Answer for the Hawks...

This is what we should do.....

Trade for Lonzo Ball.  He's the perfect match for Trae. 

It's tricky because of his knee.  But we can trade 1 trick knee for another.   Ball has the size and the defense and the ball handling and the shooting to pair with Trae.

I don't think we need to trade away our C unless Ayton is really available on a good trade. 

To me, Gobert is my top get. The only 3 I want to keep is Trae, Okongwu, and Hunter. 

I would like to see a number of upgrades. I would like to trade 16 and Gallo for Brogdon and 31. I would like to bring back Dieng and Delon. I would like to trade Kev or Bogi. I would like to upgrade JC if possible. I clearly want to upgrade Clint. 

• Like 1

I really think there is an emotional reaction to Gobert losing in the playoffs that is causing him to be undervalued.  I'm also suspicious that a rift on the Jazz team has created mistrust and a downgrade of play on the court.  Two years ago the Jazz had the best record in the NBA and Gobert's defensive numbers were some of the greatest ever. Chance for us that he goes on a revenge tour. Either way he comes on the court and you have a top defense. See his impact below:

image.png.5bf540ca0f1742bd147a0afb7ee211f7.png

Plus I think Trae can neutralize some of the problems the Jazz have with Gobert.  If Trae can turn Capela into the top lob threat in the NBA, what could he do with Gobert?  With Trae he could force other teams to match that vertical threat.  If Trae gets a fat Gobert pick and teams give up too much length he is finding Gobert at the rim with ease.  The other team would have to adjust to us and not be able to go small.  

I like Capela, but to win a championship you need players to take you from good to great.  In our case you need available/attainable players to do that.  Anytime other teams say, "Our guy Garland, Lamelo, Quickley... is almost as good as Trae."  we laugh.  Yet here we are saying "Capela is pretty much the same as Gobert."  It's not how you become the best team in the league.  It's what I tried to say last offseason.  You need the BEST players in the NBA to win. 

There might be other moves we can make, but the history of Gobert's dominance tells me that he might be undervalued right now.  

• Like 1

What about Myles Turner?, he probably  could be had since Indy is rebuilding.  I know he isnt the rebounder like Clint. ,but that would give JC more chances to feed in the paint.  He can shoot the 3 and is a pretty good free throw shooter for a big.

15 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

What about Myles Turner?, he probably  could be had since Indy is rebuilding.  I know he isnt the rebounder like Clint. ,but that would give JC more chances to feed in the paint.  He can shoot the 3 and is a pretty good free throw shooter for a big.

Never mind, just saw that Turner only has 1 year left on his current  contract. No way Indy takes on CC's contract with multiple years even if a draft pick(Hornets pick) is included.