• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How would you revamp/rebuild???

sillent

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Here are my ideal off season moves. 

image.thumb.png.b23eabdfb9ccca3589584b405112a215.png

Opening night roster - Knox is not on the roster.  - Maybe about $18 million into the tax if Trae gets the super max. 

image.thumb.png.ffc105b372e26ea00162e5d49ef237dd.png

image.png.00465611121d0f1699285eff67dfe28a.png

Do you think this roster would be a championship contender? If not, what do you think the biggest issue would be with it?  The trades are unrealistic?  The OKC picks are unprotected which is crazy in this day and age, but I feel it's worth the risk to try to get a championship. May throw one more in there, but the machine doesn't go out to 2029.

Thoughts @JayBirdHawk, @thecampster, @Spud2nique, @NBASupes, @Sothron, @AHF, @sillent ,  @JeffS17, @kg01 (you will hate Mitchell Robinson, but I figured we'd need a defensive back up center), @Diesel?

Edit: @lethalweapon3, @ShooterSays,  @Final_quest, @TheNorthCydeRises

Just getting SGA and Ayton would be a homerun offseason. Bonus on top of that if we can keep Hunter, JC, Kev, and even JJ. Go ahead and build Travis a statue now lol. He'd be in AA territory if he could swing all of this.

I think I'm just in the minority on here who thinks there's a <1% chance PHX lets Ayton go. If they lose their mind and do, we're probably one of the most attractive trade partners with Cap.

Love the SGA fit with Trae. Just same question here as to if OKC would let him go. But I'd be willing to part with the whole team and all draft picks outside of Trae to get a Big 3 of Trae/SGA/Ayton.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

Opening night roster - Knox is not on the roster.  - Maybe about $18 million into the tax if Trae gets the super max. 

Do you think this roster would be a championship contender? If not, what do you think the biggest issue would be with it?  The trades are unrealistic?  The OKC picks are unprotected which is crazy in this day and age, but I feel it's worth the risk to try to get a championship. May throw one more in there, but the machine doesn't go out to 2029.

Thoughts @JayBirdHawk, @thecampster, @Spud2nique, @NBASupes, @Sothron, @AHF, @sillent ,  @JeffS17, @kg01 (you will hate Mitchell Robinson, but I figured we'd need a defensive back up center), @Diesel?

This would be a great result for the Hawks but I see zero motivation of OKC to do this deal (I think they would laugh out loud if this were even proposed to them) and the only motivation for the Suns is cap-o-nomics.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

I love it! Minus one thing;

Can we give up JC and keep OO, whether that means including another pick or getting one back.

But to get Ayton and SGA onboard with Trae. That’s nearly 3 superstars and all we were shooting for was 2.

☎️:

“Travis… this @marco102 got a nice package here for us. :dance:“-Spud

:indifferent:…-Trav

Oh.. no, no I meant a deal… -Spud 

I wanna sign off on it now.

This just in, Ayton is growing by leaps and bounds before our very eyes. He’s legit. I was worried for a second about the motor early on but man, it would be a dream to get him with Trae, add is a ball handler like SGA, yessss. 

A+ move

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

Oh I just realized Supes generational defender would be included, oh he gon’ like this.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, marco102 said:

I haven't heard anything about SGA being available on the trade market. He's considered to be a cornerstone piece for OKC. Unless they have a Sacramento Kings moment where they trade a young franchise player, I don't see how he's a possible target. 

Gallinari contract option ends in June, to do a SnT for him, we would have to opt in or get him to push back his opt in for a few weeks like Matt Ryan did for the Falcons. That said, Capela and a team option Gallinari with two 1sts is probably enough to have a conversation with PHX for Ayton. We would likely need more for them to pull the trigger. 

Torrey Craig defense has fallen off of late and his offense hasn't been much to write about. Not seeing him as a good add at this stage especially at 5.1 mil. 

Robinson is a RFA, no way you will get him for 3.5 mil and no way NY won't match whatever he's offered assuming its not much. 

I like the idea of Trae/SGA/Hunter/JC/Ayton but I don't see how we can land that much and keep this much and SGA is not available. Who said SGA was ever available?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can't see the Thunder giving up SAG for so little.  It would be a great hawks team to have next season if we can pull all that off.

It would. Marco, the squad would be a contender for sure. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I love it! Minus one thing;

Can we give up JC and keep OO, whether that means including another pick or getting one back.

But to get Ayton and SGA onboard with Trae. That’s nearly 3 superstars and all we were shooting for was 2.

☎️:

“Travis… this @marco102 got a nice package here for us. :dance:“-Spud

:indifferent:…-Trav

Oh.. no, no I meant a deal… -Spud 

I wanna sign off on it now.

This just in, Ayton is growing by leaps and bounds before our very eyes. He’s legit. I was worried for a second about the motor early on but man, it would be a dream to get him with Trae, add is a ball handler like SGA, yessss. 

A+ move

To me, OKC would be enticed by OO a lot more than John.  He's manageable longer and fits their future roster better.  He has the potential to be an all defense type of guy and fits their future roster timeline. 

1 hour ago, Packfill said:

This would be a great result for the Hawks but I see zero motivation of OKC to do this deal (I think they would laugh out loud if this were even proposed to them) and the only motivation for the Suns is cap-o-nomics.  

OKC would like this for the unprotected picks and a high upside center.  They don't want to get rid of SGA, but I don't think he quit fits the timeline their aiming for. With all their draft picks they'll have to make room soon and how long will SGA be happy losing?  I think the trade is unlikely, but three unprotected firsts and a good young player is a haul for a non all star.

• Sad 1

I might have said it earlier but I am not sure. 

My ideal offseason is literally a reasonable trade for Rudy Gobert. 

Keep Okongwu, Hunter, and Trae. I could really care less about other moves. I would like to keep one of Kevin or Bogi tho. 

Everyone else can be on the board for improvements moves. 

I would like to move Gallo under our 2021-22 cap during or before the draft. I don't want to just opt out of his deal without using his asset to better our squad.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't heard anything about SGA being available on the trade market. He's considered to be a cornerstone piece for OKC. Unless they have a Sacramento Kings moment where they trade a young franchise player, I don't see how he's a possible target. 

Gallinari contract option ends in June, to do a SnT for him, we would have to opt in or get him to push back his opt in for a few weeks like Matt Ryan did for the Falcons. That said, Capela and a team option Gallinari with two 1sts is probably enough to have a conversation with PHX for Ayton. We would likely need more for them to pull the trigger. 

Torrey Craig defense has fallen off of late and his offense hasn't been much to write about. Not seeing him as a good add at this stage especially at 5.1 mil. 

Robinson is a RFA, no way you will get him for 3.5 mil and no way NY won't match whatever he's offered assuming its not much. 

I like the idea of Trae/SGA/Hunter/JC/Ayton but I don't see how we can land that much and keep this much and SGA is not available. Who said SGA was ever available?

No one said he was available, just whataboutism during my bored time today. 

Robinson is an UFA.  

Gallanari's option was on June 29th from Sean Mark's podcast so it's after the finals.  - I haven't researched this. 

Travis should do whatever he can to make it happen.

I believe the moves are highly unlikely, but I said it's my ideal offseasn.

Edited by marco102

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

No one said he was available, just whataboutism during my bored time today. 

Robinson is an UFA.  

Gallanari's option was on June 29th from Sean Mark's podcast so it's after the finals.  - I haven't researched this. 

Travis should do whatever he can to make it happen.

I am sure he will try. Travis isn't someone I know is scared. He's always aggressive 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Okungwu will be better than Ayton.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Never mind, just saw that Turner only has 1 year left on his current  contract. No way Indy takes on CC's contract with multiple years even if a draft pick(Hornets pick) is included. 

More like no way Atlanta does that. Capela is way better than Turner

• Like 2

• Premium Member

This is a lot to digest, but off the bat:

1. I think OKC will want a king's ransom for Shai

2. Not a Mitchell fan, but would we have money under the cap to sign Mitchell outright after the SnT of Ayton and Shai? 

3. CC, Gallo, Bogi, OO and lots-o-picks gets us Ayton AND Shai? Tough to believe it's possible.

I like it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

2. Not a Mitchell fan, but would we have money under the cap to sign Mitchell outright after the SnT of Ayton and Shai? 

3. CC, Gallo, Bogi, OO and lots-o-picks gets us Ayton AND Shai? Tough to believe it's possible.

No thank you

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Agreed, you can sign Mitchell with the tax payer mid-level right or are we capped because of the trades? 

Three unprotected picks seems like king's ransom plus a young up and coming player.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Agreed, you can sign Mitchell with the tax payer mid-level right or are we capped because of the trades? 

Three unprotected picks seems like king's ransom plus a young up and coming player.

The MLE is around $10 million for teams over the cap but under the luxury tax.

The tax payer MLE is $6.3 million.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

My offseason Moves Look like this:

1.  Draft Either Mark Williams or Jalen Duren. 

2.  Trade Bogi, Shariffe, and #1 pick 2023 Top 5 protected for Lonzo Ball. 

3.  Resign Delon @ 3 years 40 Million. 

4. Sign Skylar to a 2 year deal. 

The new team:

• Trae/Delon/Skylar 
  • Lonzo/Huerter
  • Hunter/C Brown
  • JC/JJ
  • Clint/OO/Mark Williams

I am one who believes that we can work with Clint/OO/ and a 7 footer as rotational based on situation.   I don't see the need to go blowing our whole cap on a big that is not going to make that much of a difference.    I think our defense is remedy with having Lonzo Ball.   He is the perfect match for Trae both offensively and defensively.  With that "HOLE" covered, I think we are far more defensive than we ever have been.  Think about it:  Lonzo, Hunter, JC, and Clint are all defensive players. 

I also believe that we need to bring Chaundee Brown up and see what we got in him.   I think we actually have a very good player in Brown, we just need to play him. 

Lastly, this is the year that Nate gets rid of the label that he doesn't play young players because if I'm Travis, I tell him I want to see Brown, JJ, Mark, and Skylar play more than just garbage minutes.