• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford- Life after Atlanta

JTB

Watching Horford after his time in Atlanta has been tough.

First off let me say …Horford is a very good player and always has been but there’s one element in his game he gets away with in Boston that he could never do here in Atlanta and that’s the physicality!

Horford throws his body weight around when defending or backing down his opponent and the best part about it for him he’s done it against Giannis in multiple playoff series vs him.

Most bigs can’t be this physical with stars defensively unless they are big time defensively known stars that the has been given the great reputation.

Regards of what some believe I personally believe Horford knew that if he ever played for a bigger market he’d be able to “get away with more”….I hope one day when Horford retires he writes a tell it all book and states the truth about the BS the NBA allows depending on the franchise you’re playing for. 

it’s very unfortunate but Horford would have never been allowed to be this physical in Atlanta.

He's always been the best player to me since Nique and I like his game better than Nique and I still think he's better than Karl Malone. 

Horford is one of the better players I've seen, sadly he will never get the recognition he deserves. 

Floor raiser like a mfer. Makes everything and everyone better on both ends. Winner

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I like his game better than Nique

:aaa: I’m speechless. I am without speech.

I love this thread cuz it’s gonna be pretty hilarious when he goes back to average Al and gets schooled the rest of the way.

#BenedictAl #celtictraitor

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's always been the best player to me since Nique and I like his game better than Nique and I still think he's better than Karl Malone. 

Horford is one of the better players I've seen, sadly he will never get the recognition he deserves. 

Floor raiser like a mfer. Makes everything and everyone better on both ends. Winner

His offensive and defensive ratings for his rookie season were both better than the team’s.  For a starting undersized C on a playoff team that’s virtually impossible.  Jokic and Embiid outperformed their teams ratings as rookies but were nowhere near the postseason.    The only floor he couldn’t raise was OKC, a dumpster fire.  

The middle of his career looked bad with the poor individual  rebounding but I thinks he’s learned different ways to help his teams rebound.

Bawse Al was one of my favs no question.  Still no better Pick N Pop since his prime.  Wasn’t surprised at his performance last night at all.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t wanna believe you mean this. I just don’t. You gon’ break some hearts around here. :cray:

No hearts will be broken because it's a ludicrous statement.   Horford never led a team.   He was a good part to our team but he didn't lead a team.  We didn't live or die on how well Horford played (unless you're talking about the lack of rebounds).  Every now and Then, Horford would have one of those games where his scoring and rebounds came together but usually, he was a middle of the road kind of guy.   We got more from Millsap, Smoove, and Dare I say.. Joe Johnson during the years that Horford was here.   So to compare him to NIQUE???

Look.. Nique's statue is right outside.

Trae's is on the way. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Q45T said:

F*** Al Whoreford. F*** Budenholzer too… I wish there was a way both teams could lose. 

eye-roll-ugh.gif

STOP! I LOVE BUD! Best coach we ever had, but a horrible GM! 

Edited by BudBall
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, BudBall said:

STOP! I LOVE BUD! Best coach we ever had, but a horrible GM! 

That's an interesting question...

Is Bud the Best Coach we ever had?

Nate's gone farther with less talent.   Lenny did more with Less in a stronger east.  Where does Fratello Rank?  Hmm...

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t wanna believe you mean this. I just don’t. You gon’ break some hearts around here. :cray:

I mean it. I used to say it back then too. My issue with Nique was he was too much like Melo for me. Fun player to watch, I love his style but I like impact players. Big statistical numbers don't impress me much. For me, Horford was an impact player. Most winningest player win % in Atlanta history. He's done nothing but make Boston great in his early years. Now he's old but like Duncan, he's still very impactful. I always said he's Tim Duncan lite. He's not a cornerstone player but he's a different type of franchise player. Not your traditional one like Trae or Nique.

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's an interesting question...

Is Bud the Best Coach we ever had?

Nate's gone farther with less talent.   Lenny did more with Less in a stronger east.  Where does Fratello Rank?  Hmm...

Idk about that

54 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

His offensive and defensive ratings for his rookie season were both better than the team’s.  For a starting undersized C on a playoff team that’s virtually impossible.  Jokic and Embiid outperformed their teams ratings as rookies but were nowhere near the postseason.    The only floor he couldn’t raise was OKC, a dumpster fire.  

The middle of his career looked bad with the poor individual  rebounding but I thinks he’s learned different ways to help his teams rebound.

Bawse Al was one of my favs no question.  Still no better Pick N Pop since his prime.  Wasn’t surprised at his performance last night at all.

He actually did raise OKC floor, they benched him because they couldn't tank with him on the floor. 

He just makes everyone better. He's probably the most scheme versatile player I've ever seen in NBA history. He should be more appreciated in Atlanta than he is.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll say what I always say - Al has always been a piece of the overall puzzle to winning..... just NEVER a main piece to build your team around.

No team is ever game planning to stop him....he can just do what he does best while 'another' gets the focus.  There is value in that: knowing your role and excelling at it, doing the little things to help your team win.  THAT IS AL HORFORD!!!

Even you have a player to build your team around, you still need stars or a guy like Al. Just having a Trae, MJ, Kobe, or Nique isn't enough. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's not gonna break any hearts.  We all know what the deal is there.  His are throwaway comments, at best, w.r.t. Horford.

It would be like me, because I like Georgia Tech, yelling from the mountain tops that GT is a better football program than UGA .... b-b-b-but it's 'cause these metrics that ya'll don't understand.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e474ojt7a8dsymm4zzh2e

Just because I can fabricate some odd "metrics" that seem to support my point, I can't ignore the realities that render my comment utterly ridiculous.

And Nique vs Al.  Please.  Never compare bit players to aircraft carriers.  I wanna see an Al vs Levingston comp.  That's more appropriate. 

BS

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Even you have a player to build your team around, you still need stars or a guy like Al. Just having a Trae, MJ, Kobe, or Nique isn't enough. 

I said exactly that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is basically a less colorful version of what I said.  So, although you BS'd my comment, you and I ultimately agree.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Al leaving was the start of our decline.   I'm still pissed that he left the way he did.  I thought he handled it really poorly but I also don't fault him for wanting something different. I take a little satisfaction in none of his post Hawks teams have made it to the finals. 

The absolute truth is that the Hawks started winning when we got him.  (Bibby really helped too).  

• Like 3