• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford- Life after Atlanta

JTB

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

This is basically a less colorful version of what I said.  So, although you BS'd my comment, you and I ultimately agree.

You compared him to f***ing Cliff Livingston. A multiple time All Star who has done nothing but raise the floor massively on both sides for Boston and Atlanta. We haven't had a player like that before Al and since Al. Ya'll get mad at my viewpoint of Al than you shit on him comparing him to f***ing scrubs and mediocre role players

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I mean it. I used to say it back then too. My issue with Nique was he was too much like Melo for me. Fun player to watch, I love his style but I like impact players. Big statistical numbers don't impress me much. For me, Horford was an impact player. Most winningest player win % in Atlanta history. He's done nothing but make Boston great in his early years. Now he's old but like Duncan, he's still very impactful. I always said he's Tim Duncan lite. He's not a cornerstone player but he's a different type of franchise player. Not your traditional one like Trae or Nique.

Idk about that

The 60 win team had 3 allstars and Korver.  I like JC but he hasn't sniffed an allstar yet.   IN fact, yall would trade Prime JC for Millsap from that team in a hurry.  Plus, Nate didn't really have Hunter and Cam and he substituted them for Solo and Snell.

23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The 60 win team had 3 allstars and Korver.  I like JC but he hasn't sniffed an allstar yet.   IN fact, yall would trade Prime JC for Millsap from that team in a hurry.  Plus, Nate didn't really have Hunter and Cam and he substituted them for Solo and Snell.

Al was the only one who should have been an all star. He was the glue to that squad. You take him away, that's a jump shooting squad who can't defend. Millsap couldn't freelance on D without Al covering for him. Just not enough credit goes to Al. When everything goes wrong like against Cleveland, Al gets the bullets. 

This squad as so much more talent. Trae, Kevin, Bogi, Okongwu, Hunter, and Gallo, come on man. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You compared him to f***ing Cliff Livingston. A multiple time All Star who has done nothing but raise the floor massively on both sides for Boston and Atlanta. We haven't had a player like that before Al and since Al. Ya'll get mad at my viewpoint of Al than you shit on him comparing him to f***ing scrubs and mediocre role players

Eh, seemed clear that was purposefully a bit 'extra' on my part.  Just as it's 'extra' for you to be comparing him to Karl Malone and Nique.  Difference is, you seem to be serious.

And, just like that, we're back to arguments from 6-7 years ago.  I'm pulling outta this one, supes.  Have your fun.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I liked Al when he was here.  He's a proven winner, but I don't need to give him any additional recognition with our franchise given the way he left.  He could've done so much more to not leave a bad taste when he left.  Same can be said for Bud. 

Al is a winner, but a tertiary player at best on a championship team.  Winners don't always equal championships either and I can think of plenty of times he wasn't clutch for us, and that point blank miss with the Celtics vs. Rockets.....so yes, having him on your team is a plus but don't rely on him with the clock winding down.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Also, this was his first 30 point game in 132 career playoff games so let's not get carried away here.  So many missed opportunities to do more for us.  Far from a franchise savior.

Let's see if he can do that again next game.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@NBASupes I agree with you that Al is a good player. Multiple time All-Star and almost all of his teams have been winners, but he has never been the #1 on any of his teams. He has never shown the type of production that would accurately compare him to Karl freaking Malone (one of the best players of all time and a former league MVP) or Dominique Wilkins. These comparisons are what start these arguments.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, LucastheThird said:

@NBASupes I agree with you that Al is a good player. Multiple time All-Star and almost all of his teams have been winners, but he has never been the #1 on any of his teams. He has never shown the type of production that would accurately compare him to Karl freaking Malone (one of the best players of all time and a former league MVP) or Dominique Wilkins. These comparisons are what start these arguments.

Eh, if there wasn't the requirement to have centers on the all-star teams back then .....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e479c54vb2tnjoy5540lc

Guy's a good player independent of that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

It would be like me, because I like Georgia Tech, yelling from the mountain tops that GT is a better football program than UGA ...

:laugh1: or like me in 2005 when I said I’m a Hawks Braves Lions fan and we rule the world shut up about it. Lol. I wasn’t as easy going back then as I am now. :sarcastic:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let's see if he can do that again next game.

He’s not getting 20 points forget 30. He’s gonna fade I’ve seen this movie before. It’s gotta great ending. :laugh1: if you like comedies.

• Haha 1

He's a lot better than Malone. Malone game was extremely rudimentary. Spamming PnR, 10 second post ups on smaller defenders, and spamming the short hook isn't quality Basketball in this era. It was his era when PFs were undersized centers only asked to rebound, play physical and box out. The 2000s revolutionized PFs, Malone is a relic of the past. His defense was Meh, he couldn't move his feet defensively, he was a good post defender but he couldn't guard centers. He wasn't versatile defensively at all. He was assisted over 70% of his offense on some JC shit. 

Dude ate off of personnel weaknesses in the game and the illegal defense rules. 

Honestly, I don't think I would take Malone over JC. 

michael-cole_19324.jpg.98b29a1d07441c371f37a60af91f21a2.jpg

ChiefOnlyJoey-max-1mb.gif

Then why isn't Horford in the top 75 players list or was even talked about as a snub? Horford is a great piece for a team trying to compete for a championship, but to disrespect Malone like this is horrible. 

Those lists don't matter. They all about stats. That's why Westbrook is there and Melo. We all know, guys like Al don't get their due unless they are on elite squads where everyone can see their worth. This might be the best squad Al's played with since the White trade. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Those lists don't matter. They all about stats. That's why Westbrook is there and Melo. We all know, guys like Al don't get their due unless they are on elite squads where everyone can see their worth. This might be the best squad Al's played with since the White trade. 

Idk. I don't hate Horford and continuing with this is making me feel like I'm sh!tting on him, so I'm going to stop here. He's a great #2 or #3 on a Championship team. But he isn't a #1 and shouldn't be compared to them the same way he shouldn't be compared to scrubs. 

• Like 2