• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford- Life after Atlanta

JTB

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's a lot better than Malone. Malone game was extremely rudimentary. Spamming PnR, 10 second post ups on smaller defenders, and spamming the short hook isn't quality Basketball in this era. It was his era when PFs were undersized centers only asked to rebound, play physical and box out. The 2000s revolutionized PFs, Malone is a relic of the past. His defense was Meh, he couldn't move his feet defensively, he was a good post defender but he couldn't guard centers. He wasn't versatile defensively at all. He was assisted over 70% of his offense on some JC shit. 

Dude ate off of personnel weaknesses in the game and the illegal defense rules. 

Honestly, I don't think I would take Malone over JC. 

This Show Is The Funnies Shit Ever GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t wanna believe you mean this. I just don’t. You gon’ break some hearts around here. :cray:

This the same guy that is in love with Goberrated. If that doesn't give people pause about trading for him I don't know what to tell ya, lol.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He actually did raise OKC floor, they benched him because they couldn't tank with him on the floor. 

I didn’t even bother to check but damn he did.  His rating was 111/ 112 to OKC’s 104/ 114.  Long-Term Point Differential King.

On a side note I’m trying to figure out why Jenkins isn’t playing Adams in a series where they’re getting beat on the glass versus a team that struggles on the glass and perfected small ball.  I didn’t think he’d be that guy.  

Play Dillon Brooks more shooting 23% but not Steve who’s averaging more stat points than minutes, makes sense.

Edited by benhillboy

4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I didn’t even bother to check but damn he did.  His rating was 111/ 112 to OKC’s 104/ 114.  Long-Term Point Differential King.

On a side note I’m trying to figure out why Jenkins isn’t playing Adams in a series where they’re getting beat on the glass versus a team that struggles on the glass and perfected small ball.  I didn’t think he’d be that guy.

Hey .. they can't all be as wise as the sage down in Miami, amirite?

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47lkxu2peeo1suv6xs4pf

(Ah, you laid it on too think.  He knows we're onto him as a closet Heet fan.  Abort mission!  Abort mission!)

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll say what I always say - Al has always been a piece of the overall puzzle to winning..... just NEVER a main piece to build your team around.

No team is ever game planning to stop him....he can just do what he does best while 'another' gets the focus.  There is value in that: knowing your role and excelling at it, doing the little things to help your team win.  THAT IS AL HORFORD!!!

Perfect description.  He is a winner who is a positive contributor in every element of the game and not a game changing player in any of them.  He makes life easier for everyone on the floor and raises the team's overall game.  A team where he was the best player by any significant margin (i.e., not a Detroit Pistons Billups, Hamilton, Wallace, Prince and Wallace type of balanced contributors) is probably in the lottery but adding him to a team with decent talent pretty much ensures you are in the playoffs.  Very good player overall and superstar role player who can fit on any squad.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Adams has looked done to me for a while but i don't have a lot to base that on.   

I think the point of my thread was missed badly…..

the point of this thread is that the Al Horford you are seeing in Boston is Atlanta Al Horford but on steroids not in terms of how he looks but that can get away with a ton more shit cause he’s a Celtic.

i think that’s badly being missed by even the huge horford lovers. All due respect I’m in agreement with how good horford can be but if he were in Atlanta still and he played more physical here he’d foul out every game.

Horford is getting some Boston love to go on top of his high value! DO NOT BE BLIND SQUAWKERS.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

the point of this thread is that the Al Horford you are seeing in Boston is Atlanta Al Horford but on steroids not in terms of how he looks but that can get away with a ton more shit cause he’s a Celtic.

i think that’s badly being missed by even the huge horford lovers. All due respect I’m in agreement with how good horford can be but if he were in Atlanta still and he played more physical here he’d foul out every game.

Horford is getting some Boston love to go on top of his high value! DO NOT BE BLIND SQUAWKERS.

No, I get it. When he was with the Hawks he was nothing special.....but as soon as he moved to Boston he was the best thing since sliced bread.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Adams has looked done to me for a while but i don't have a lot to base that on.   

They have basically the same roster as last year minus Valencunas and Grayson Allen, add Adams.  18 more wins with Ja missing significant time.  Adams’ locker room chemistry, screening, and positioning goes a looong way even with a lost step or two.  It takes Looney and Draymond’s combined best effort to box him out but rebounding ain’t important.

Bane’s improvement is not overrated but his impact is.  It’s amazing how he can have the biggest and shortest arms in the league all at once.  He can push guys easily off the ball they just never go past 1 foot lol.

Edited by benhillboy

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, I get it. When he was with the Hawks he was nothing special.....but as soon as he moved to Boston he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Exactly….and I truly believe he’s smart enough to know and understand that playing in different markets have their benefits.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hey .. they can't all be as wise as the sage down in Miami, amirite?

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47lkxu2peeo1suv6xs4pf

(Ah, you laid it on too think.  He knows we're onto him as a closet Heet fan.  Abort mission!  Abort mission!)

Spo pissing me off with the over-reliance on small ball too.  Kyle Lowry should’ve had a Duncan Robinson-like leash in the last game as well.  Actually got money on Philly tonight so if the heat lose I ain’t mad.  Nobody can drive or post their matchups outside of Jimmy.  Maxey ain’t f&@kin around either.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He was better in Atlanta than in Boston, imo.  Very good both places.  

59 minutes ago, JTB said:

You are right that Celtics always get more leeway than our Hawks from the refs.  It was true with Bird and Co and remains true today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RandomFan said:

This the same guy that is in love with Goberrated. If that doesn't give people pause about trading for him I don't know what to tell ya, lol.

Ya but there’s good and bad Supes. The Gobert idea is decent. The Horford talk is absurd tho lol.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya but there’s good and bad Supes. The Gobert idea is decent. The Horford talk is absurd tho lol.

No, both bad. A black hole on offense with bricks for hands, and only slightly better defense with one of the biggest contracts in the NBA. 

just-say-no-deny.gif

Edited by RandomFan
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 5/10/2022 at 12:01 PM, AUhawksfan said:

Also, this was his first 30 point game in 132 career playoff games so let's not get carried away here.  So many missed opportunities to do more for us.  Far from a franchise savior.

On 5/10/2022 at 12:04 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Let's see if he can do that again next game.

Yepy.....Nope....8 points in his followup game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

🤣🤣 smheltssssssss 🤣 Aliiiice neverrrrrrrrrr it’s not happening average Al!!!!

No preening today from the Al Truther, I guess.

Once I saw they lost the game basically by giving up an offensive rebound off a missed free throw .... well, you know the deal.

• Haha 2

I’m so glad the Celtics lost! I’m tired of watching the Celtics and heat get away with murder on defense . That’s not to say those teams aren’t good defensively but they still get away with shit.

reputation is mofo in the nba. If hawks ever get this type of defensive reputation while having Trae I believe we will have a legitimate shot at winning big.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1