• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Abu Dhabi bound Hawks (preseason games)

Spud2nique

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, I know it's preseason, but what will you be paying attention to in the 1st game:

• Trae/DJ dynamic plus Trae's movement
• AJ Griffin finally plays
• OO's jumpshot
• Defensive scheme, how physical we are
• Krejci
• Tyrese vs NBA competition
• Culver - how confident is he?
• Hunter - rebounding and physical

Overall body language and communication on the floor. OO Jim and creating some nice passes to hit cutters.

Smitty on NBAtv said it would take Trae/Murray 15-20 games to mesh before they take off, that sounds about right.

ps Looking for a YAM 🍠 for JC for the kids of Abu :smile:

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Human rights groups, such as Amnesty International, Freedom House and Human Rights Watch, regard UAE as generally substandard on human rights, with citizens criticising the regime imprisoned and tortured, families harassed by the state security apparatus, and cases of forced disappearances.[26][27] Individual rights such as the freedoms of assembly, association, the press, expression, and religion are also severely repressed.[28]  

You know this falls on the deaf ears of the NBA who’s far too greedy to care, and the players who only consume #socialjusticehashtagsthatgoviral.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well, let's not forget that they will be "practicing" vs. a very good Milwaukee team.   A team expected to be there at the end.   Watched more Toronto last night.   They are boring but well coached.  We already know that Milwaukee is well coached.   I'm not saying that we're going all out for the win, but I would love to see us have a strong showing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Well, let's not forget that they will be "practicing" vs. a very good Milwaukee team.   A team expected to be there at the end.   Watched more Toronto last night.   They are boring but well coached.  We already know that Milwaukee is well coached.   I'm not saying that we're going all out for the win, but I would love to see us have a strong showing. 

Competitive 1st half is all I'm looking for.  Then play the youngs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Competitive 1st half is all I'm looking for.  Then play the youngs. 

Actually, I'm really excited to see both AJ and OO playing today.   I know that we have others like Culver who will get some good run too but I want to see the guys who we look at as the "Future" on the 2nd Unit. 

• Like 2

Bucks ain't gonna allow the Hawks to show out too much.  These two teams didn't travel this far not to be competitive.  Keep everything friendly.  Remember, we play the same team again in two days!

Looking forward to seeing all the new Hawks!!

🥰 GO ATL HAWKS!

• Premium Member

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Hawks are without Jalen Johnson and Trent Forrest.

Thought there was some optimism one or both would fly over later on.

Takeaway is that neither were 100% enough to make the effort.

Jalen's absence will make plain what it looks like if we go into the year w/o the normal number of bigs... kinda hope we have foul trouble in both games to make the point glaring.

10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Human rights groups, such as Amnesty International, Freedom House and Human Rights Watch, regard UAE as generally substandard on human rights, with citizens criticising the regime imprisoned and tortured, families harassed by the state security apparatus, and cases of forced disappearances.[26][27] Individual rights such as the freedoms of assembly, association, the press, expression, and religion are also severely repressed.[28]  

Count me with those who the NBA puts in a lousy position of having to think about my consumer entertainment choices in light of the corporate entertainment outlet's political decisions... if you hadn't already, that is.

I at least can see some way to justify this kind of thing that I cannot where it comes to their embrace of China.

• Like 2