• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope you offensive junkies are watching the playoffs closely this year!

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

They def shutdown tatum

Is this even questionable??? Why are posters here acting like defense didn't win that game? They went on a 22-2 run at the beginning of that 3rd quarter fueled by their defense to win that game.

• Premium Member

I lean with @Peoriabird.  Obviously we need to get better all around, but I do believe defensive personnel should be the focus because 1. it's obvious being a top defensive team is a huge necessity to making deep runs in the playoffs and 2. we have far more room for improvement on defense than we do offense and 3. we have trae young on our team

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I lean with @Peoriabird.  Obviously we need to get better all around, but I do believe defensive personnel should be the focus because 1. it's obvious being a top defensive team is a huge necessity to making deep runs in the playoffs and 2. we have far more room for improvement on defense than we do offense and 3. we have trae young on our team

The thing is Trae needs help.   We can get more defensive and not add help and we can watch teams cue in on Trae easily because our others can't do anything. 

Why is it that Ja Morant's team plays better without him?

Why is it that the Dallas Mavs don't lose when Luka doesn't play?

Without Trae, we would be a dumpster team....  why?  because we don't have anybody else who can step up. 

We need to improve both but getting Trae some help ought to be first.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

None of these teams have the ideal personnel...they just appear to have emphasized it more and come up with a better scheme than the Hawks

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The thing is Trae needs help.   We can get more defensive and not add help and we can watch teams cue in on Trae easily because our others can't do anything. 

Why is it that Ja Morant's team plays better without him?

Why is it that the Dallas Mavs don't lose when Luka doesn't play?

Without Trae, we would be a dumpster team....  why?  because we don't have anybody else who can step up. 

We need to improve both but getting Trae some help ought to be first.

I think what most of you guys are trying to solve with personnel on offense is actually a coaching issue, just my two cents

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I think what most of you guys are trying to solve with personnel on offense is actually a coaching issue, just my two cents

Nah...  Those dogs don't hunt. 

We lost to Orlando on 12-22 without Trae...  We lost 104 to 98..

We shot 40% from the field.   They shot 44%.

Cam was our leading scoring with 34 pts. = He's gone.

We lost to toronto 106 to 100 on 1-31-2022

Our lead scorer was Kev. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nah...  Those dogs don't hunt. 

We lost to Orlando on 12-22 without Trae...  We lost 104 to 98..

We shot 40% from the field.   They shot 44%.

Cam was our leading scoring with 34 pts. = He's gone.

We lost to toronto 106 to 100 on 1-31-2022

Our lead scorer was Kev. 

Just my opinion, not going to go back and forth with cherry picked stats.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

yeah... show the coach who can take this team without Trae and make them win like Memphis does and then maybe we will believe that your opinion isn't just Nate Hate that you try to pass off as truth. 

You would get more respect if you blamed Travis!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

They got eliminated by another good defensive team lol! This ain't hard y'all!

In game 7 because they had home court advantage.

The Celtics won the last 2.  Bucks had home court to finish them off in game 6.

They are both good defensive teams so why did the Celtics come out on top?   Was it better defense or was it:

Bucks news: Khris Middleton breaks silence on knee injury that kept him out  vs. Celtics

We're saying the same thing (i think).   Yeah you have to have a good defensive team but that doesn't negate the need to have more than one elite offensive player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The Celtics won the last 2.  Bucks had home court to finish them off in game 6.

They are both good defensive teams so why did the Celtics come out on top?   Was it better defense or was it:

Bucks news: Khris Middleton breaks silence on knee injury that kept him out  vs. Celtics

We're saying the same thing (i think).   Yeah you have to have a good defensive team but that doesn't negate the need to have more than one elite offensive player. 

Yeah, it's easy to play good defense and win if you don't have to worry about another guy who can score. 

4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

The entire idea is to outscore your opponent by whatever means possible.  If you play outstanding defense, it is still necessary to score more than your opponent.  If you have outstanding offense, you must still stop your opponent from scoring more,

Hawks didn't.  Porous defense + poor offense = early exit from the playoffs.  

🧑‍🔧Needs fixin'

Winner...

• Like 1

I think these teams are getting several weapons and then putting the def pieces around them etc, Many role players etc.   I dont care either way, its not a secret how to build NBA teams with GMs FO ppl etc.  Its just a matter of whos available and what u can get done, with the help of the players ofcourse.  We arguing semantics and opinions all day at this point.  Doesnt matter the FO is going to have to do both of these things for us to be in contention consistently.  My issue is that we now got half the EC thinking there just a few little moves away from going to the finals every year, just makes it harder to deal with other FO.  TY gonna need to get out there and do a little recruiting of his own as well.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So if Schlenk consolidates this roster by giving up valuable depth while Nate continues to play just 7 players even when things are not going well, this team will forever be on the treadmill!

But if Nate only plays 7 players, wouldn’t you want to consolidate so you could have the 7 best players possible? What’s the point of having depth if the depth isn’t used?

Unless the real problem is Nate only playing 7 players, in which case that’s more of a problem with the coach than the players. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

But if Nate only plays 7 players, wouldn’t you want to consolidate so you could have the 7 best players possible? What’s the point of having depth if the depth isn’t used?

Unless the real problem is Nate only playing 7 players, in which case that’s more of a problem with the coach than the players. 

Not if half are injured