Kirschner and Hollinger...

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

If you compare the production you are getting from SG and the money you have invested on it, makes no sense. Average production on offense, well below average on defense. Bogi or Huerter need to go, they are redundant and weak. If someone like Brogdon is available is a must. We need to add size and defense at SF, PF and C, we need competent defenders.

We need a good backup SF, we need to add size and defense at backup PF and C. Gallo is not a good fit to Collins, both Capela and OO lack size.

I do agree, SG is the first place to look at for Change.  Because of our weakness there and because of the need for a second option who can handle the ball. 

Like Hollinger said, Bogi was supposed to be that guy but the knee.

I'm also concern than National people know about Bogi's knee.  I fear it will affect our ability to trade him.   It may be that Kev is more tradable than Bogi... and I don't know how Bogi will feel coming off the bench.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I think Shakes probably is focusing on what Bogi did early on in the year and that has clouded his objectivity towards him the rest of the season. 

I smoke way too much pot to even remember the beginning of the season.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Haha sorry Bud if your talking about Trae, he’s not going anywhere. Waste of breath.

Just saying it's a bad look not only to his teammates but the rest of the league players.  The message is no matter what, you will get blamed for the team's failure rather than the sacred cow

• Confused 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Somebody has to step up...  The dude who you say performed the worst is the same dude who carried the franchise to 2 wins in the ECFs.   Yeah.. that dude.  The problem is that he has no help. 

Can't have it both way Diesel.  You can't say injuries played a big part and the say no one stepped up.

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I honestly think we have to flip your guy JC. He needs to be playing BIGGER for his position and he gets tossed around like a gnat despite the second jump ability and bounce. When his athleticism goes away.. oh boy.

We need to package him or Hunter and Capela. We need to retool a bit.

More than likely, we will be sending Clint, Hunter, and a Pick for Gobert.   And the JC/Gorbert/Player X frontcourt will be the new norm.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Can't have it both way Diesel.  You can't say injuries played a big part and the say no one stepped up.

It's the same thing. 

Bogi couldn't step up enough.   Hunter stepped up but it was like there was no fear of him stepping up.   Kev, Gallo,JC, Clint and OO were nothing that put fear into the Heat.   We couldn't go to the PNR.. that is the bread and butter.  We then tried to rely on those wangs and PFs to hit outside shots and they were dreadful. 

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:eyebrow:

He’s got puppy treats in there too. You gonna eat those? Lil heart shaped..

I'll eat anything in @kg01 pockets unless he's just happy to see me.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

It's the same thing. 

Bogi couldn't step up enough.   Hunter stepped up but it was like there was no fear of him stepping up.   Kev, Gallo,JC, Clint and OO were nothing that put fear into the Heat.   We couldn't go to the PNR.. that is the bread and butter.  We then tried to rely on those wangs and PFs to hit outside shots and they were dreadful. 

Clint barely played, John played on one leg and with 1 hand, Gallo is limited...he ain't that kind of player anymore. Bogi did step up until he got hurt so I'm not understanding who was suppose to do what. Maybe TLC was suppose to go for 30. Knox?

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Clint barely played, John played on one leg and with 1 hand, Gallo is limited...he ain't that kind of player anymore. Bogi did step up until he got hurt so I'm not understanding who was suppose to do what. Maybe TLC was suppose to go for 30. Knox?

Knox was raining three pointers and may get himself another look???

Besides the point..  I agree, we were injured.  Definitely.   But at the same time, some guys did have open shots and couldn't hit them.   If they could hit them, maybe it would open the floor up for Trae.  That happened in our 1 win against Miami...  OO started to play.. Gallo hit some shots... Kev showed up a little and it opened the floor for Trae to work.   The sentiment around here is what if you have a guy who can produce all the time.  Consistently playing beside Trae.  Teams would not be able to focus on Trae if that were the case. 

If we had Paul George out there with Trae... and we were playing Miami, George is going for 40 if they play the same defensive scheme.   Not only is he going for 40, somebody on Miami's team will be in foul trouble.  Because he's not timid.  He knows how to put the ball on the floor and attack and he knows how to hit open shots.   We wish that for Hunter.  We want that from Kev.  We look for that from Bogi.  If we ever get it, it's never consistent.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

For who???

We shall see whose available. Again I’m not making a deal to make a deal but I would like to move either JC or Cap or Hunter or 2/3 or even Huerter.

Honestly I’m Trae/OO right now and that’s it.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Why is the Hawk organization like this?  How do you create a culture by having trade rumors circulated about every Hawk player except the dude who performed the worst in the playoffs???

Ok, just to clarify my comment is a culmination of both insider sources/talks with the other two insiders here and what national talking heads are saying. It isn't a secret that Hunter is not considered untouchable. No one but Trae is considered that and OO is the next one in line after him but he's not considered untouchable either.

This is standard franchise thinking. The Hawks aren't circulating trade rumors to try and undercut players or their own  bargaining position. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Just saying it's a bad look not only to his teammates but the rest of the league players.  The message is no matter what, you will get blamed for the team's failure rather than the sacred cow

So you want to trade the guy who led the NBA in total points and assists this past season? 

Ya, there’s a simple answer to this.

NO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

but I wouldn't just give him away unless we are getting a clear upgrade.

When did I say give him away? You only make a deal if you feel it helps your ball club. By no means am I trading JC for a crap package, no way, but now I’m entertaining having his name out there a bit more than I may have last year, ok more than a bit.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Ok, just to clarify my comment is a culmination of both insider sources/talks with the other two insiders here and what national talking heads are saying. It isn't a secret that Hunter is not considered untouchable. No one but Trae is considered that and OO is the next one in line after him but he's not considered untouchable either.

This is standard franchise thinking. The Hawks aren't circulating trade rumors to try and undercut players or their own  bargaining position. 

It seems to be a constant theme with this team. Collins has been on the block 3 years straight etc. I think it is hard to build a cohesive group with that constant chatter. To John's credit, he has been a professional but these are very young guys. There should be vote of confidence not questions after every freaking season.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Diesel said:

JC/Gorbert

It’s not bad. It’s not bad at all. JC does his work on the outside for the most part. Gobert is huge and keeps balls alive.

I don’t know, I like this move on the court. I heard financially it kills us, if true then no, but if we can work it out where we can keep flexibility and get Gobert, I’m in.

42 minutes ago, shakes said:

I'll eat anything in @kg01 pockets unless he's just happy to see me.

Well if we are in the playoffs and he’s eatin corn dogs and he has an extra one in his pocket then it’s a gamble on your part… :indifferent: :sarcastic:

Myyyy bad. #idontknowwhatswrongwithme

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So you want to trade the guy who led the NBA in total points and assists this past season? 

Ya, there’s a simple answer to this.

NO.

You are reading it wrong...no one is suggestion we trade anyone.  I say the rhetoric should stop about everyone and get to work with the current players like assistant coaches are suppose to do during off seasons

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If we had Paul George out there with Trae... and we were playing Miami, George is going for 40 if they play the same defensive scheme.   Not only is he going for 40, somebody on Miami's team will be in foul trouble.  Because he's not timid.  He knows how to put the ball on the floor and attack and he knows how to hit open shots.   We wish that for Hunter.  We want that from Kev.  We look for that from Bogi.  If we ever get it, it's never consistent.

What if Paul has a sudden drop off...actually I think it has occurred already but what if he is worst than pandemic P? What then?