• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kirschner and Hollinger...

Diesel

43 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If we keep #16, we probably take the best SF on the board. 

I thought this too but looks like the options are limited. It is possible to get a young good committed defender so I hope the FO isn’t ruling that out.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Doubt it. They will never get Capela and Hunter . It’s more likely to be Capela and Huerter in a trade to Utah.

Hunter is hard to trade because the SF market is all dried up. It wouldn’t be smart to trade Hunter. Hard to replace him just due to no real SF starting options out there.

How dry is the defensive player of the year C market?

Utah will push for Hunter and we will look over his injury history, think about PNR with Trae... Think about rim protecting and will give it. 

I don't like the deal but I expect it. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Wretch said:

Literally nobody: ...
Not a damn soul: ...

Diesel:

Reveal hidden contents

It's more like Bogi, JC, and a Pick..

I like to oversell and underdeliver.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

How dry is the defensive player of the year C market?

Utah will push for Hunter and we will look over his injury history, think about PNR with Trae... Think about rim protecting and will give it. 

I don't like the deal but I expect it. 

It’s definitely a possibility but it doesn’t make sense to create another hole.

what good is Gobert if we are going to do the same thing Utah did to Gobert by having weak perimeter defenders surrounding him?!…..Trae is the exception because at least he brings major offensive impact outside of being our franchise cornerstone but we need good perimeter defenders even if trade for the 3 time defensive player of the year Gobert.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

what good is Gobert if we are going to do the same thing Utah did to Gobert by having weak perimeter defenders surrounding him?!…..Trae is the exception because at least he brings major offensive impact outside of being our franchise cornerstone but we need good perimeter defenders even if trade for the 3 time defensive player of the year Gobert.

It's not really a hole.  Hunter is a 13, 3, and 1 player. 

You talk about Hunter and you use terms like dry market and hole..  But the truth is... he is easily replaceable.   He hasn't reached his potential yet.   One playoff game is not changing that. 

Hell, Otto Porter Jr. is going to be looking for a job. 

no Knox is only 22.. Maybe having the right attitude and time will help him get to 13 ppg. 

Point is.. there are options.   Some Sfs will go undrafted.

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JTB said:

This is where I agree with you.   I think our problem is not C but wing.. we need a wing defender.  Hunter is our best wing defender but..the SG position is the place where I would start looking, but that's the place where we have spent a lot of money already. 

• Like 1

For the record. I doubt we add a big piece. I will only believe when I finally see it. The best “name” guy that we ever added in recent memory was a past his prime Dwight. The best “talent” we ever picked up was Joe Johnson, and we had to mortgage the farm to get him. And he was playing roughly at the same level that pre injury/game 5 Dre was playing at when we made that trade.

So, going by history, we are about to hosed just to bring in a name IF we can get one at all.

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

It's not really a hole.  Hunter is a 13, 3, and 1 player. 

You talk about Hunter and you use terms like dry market and hole..  But the truth is... he is easily replaceable.   He hasn't reached his potential yet.   One playoff game is not changing that. 

Hell, Otto Porter Jr. is going to be looking for a job. 

no Knox is only 22.. Maybe having the right attitude and time will help him get to 13 ppg. 

Point is.. there are options.   Some Sfs will go undrafted.

I am only referring to Hunters defense and his rare SF size. The size is the part that’s not so easily replaceable. Offensively Hunter is inconsistent but he’s shown a lot more consistency with his defense. The hole is on the defensive end that we would be creating not the offensive side.

id much rather hold on to Hunter than any other wing we have at all cost and pair him with another defensive wing WITH Gobert (assuming Gobert is the trade target).

i believe we can get Gobert without moving Hunter.

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

For the record. I doubt we add a big piece. I will only believe when I finally see it. The best “name” guy that we ever added in recent memory was a past his prime Dwight. The best “talent” we ever picked up was Joe Johnson, and we had to mortgage the farm to get him. And he was playing roughly at the same level that pre injury/game 5 Dre was playing at when we made that trade.

So, going by history, we are about to hosed just to bring in a name IF we can get one at all.

We picked up milsap and he turned into a 4 time all star here.

we picked up Jamal Crawford and he started his sixth man of the year journey here right here in the ATL winning his first one.

how about the trade for Mike Bibby…he wasn’t in his prime but he was a huge pickup for us.

Did you forget about Korver??? That was big pickup as well. 

we don’t always hit a home run but we made some decent 1st, 2nd, and 3rd base moves.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is where I agree with you.   I think our problem is not C but wing.. we need a wing defender.  Hunter is our best wing defender but..the SG position is the place where I would start looking, but that's the place where we have spent a lot of money already. 

Nice to see we agree on something….this is why I’d trade bogi or Huerter. Personally I’m extremely intrigued with going after Bruce Brown he’s my number 1 SG target via free agency.

Defense. Threes. Very High motor. Very good rebounder for his height and length (dude attacks the glass). Apparently has some decent passing abilities.

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbreak/.amp/news/early-look-at-what-bruce-brown-brooklyn-nets-pending-free-agency-looks-like

This is what I call going all defense and placing defensive minded players around Trae. 

Trae- add all this defensive mindset around him to push him to being better and giving more effort on that end happens a lot easier.

Brown - Good defender. Defensive minded approach to the game. Plays an aggressive style overall. Looked good on defense despite playing on a nets team who wasn’t truly committed to defense. With Goberts presence the sky is the limit for him…..literally.

Hunter - Excellent Defender with Elite perimeter defense potential …..with Goberts presence I say he gets to his full defensive potential next season no doubt about it….I’m serious it’s lock down city with Hunter knowing Gobert has his back he can play more freely and get up in the chest of his opponent and because he will find he can trust his new teammate Brown to stay with his man and defend well.

Collins - Good Defender ….with Goberts presence how much better of a defender does he become?

Gobert - Defensive Elite  Anchor. Will go down as an all time great big man defender.

i guarantee this team would be top 10 defensively easily! just not sure about how far off the offense will drop because it will drop. I also like this same lineup with Ayton in Goberts place. To me our shooting guard answer and need is free agent (defense first 2 guard) Bruce Brown. We tried offensive minded SGs by Trae in Bogi and Huerter, let’s get a defensive minded one this time!

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Millsap Blasts the Hawks: 'I Thought I Meant a Bit More Than That'

NBA Free Agents: Jamal Crawford Looking For Another Big Contract -  SBNation.com

Mike Bibby - Mike Bibby Photos - Zimbio

Kyle Korver Reportedly Re-Signs with Hawks on 4-Year, $24 Million Deal |  Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Remember Rasheed Wallace's One-Game-Long Atlanta Hawks Career? - Sports  Illustrated

Vince Carter explains why he'd never enter another dunk contest -  Sportsnet.ca

Lou Williams injury: Hawks guard active against 76ers after recovering from  torn ACL - SBNation.com

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Dikembe was the biggest Free Agent signing, and he was a great one. Joe Johnson didn't cost us "the farm", it cost us two conditional first round picks  which were picks the Hawks had gotten from other trades and not their own. I think they both ended up being in the 20s and Diaw. At the time of the trade he was extremely highly coveted, comparing him to Dre is ridiculous. He was 23 coming off a career season that saw him average 17 points on 48% three point shooting and an extremely key part of a fantastic Pheonix team. It was only after coming to the Hawks that people began to whisper it was an overpay, had he been traded to New York it would have been 24/7 coverage about how NY had stolen a future star from Phoenix. The Joe Johnosn trade was one of the best moves in franchise history and turned around a franchise that was basically the Sacramento Kings of the time into a perennial top 4 seed. If we had had a real coach instead of Woodson it's even possible that 53 win team makes a real run at a finals. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

For the record, I'm going all-in on significant change.  We have a hungry young star who has become a household name.  That has backed us into a corner - we have to do something to improve the trajectory of this team.  The lottery is out of reach and we do not have the time to wait on player development.  None of that should be a shocking revelation to anyone who has watched the NBA for any significant amount of time.  It's the nature of the business.

From a material perspective look at the roster.  This team is not like the Hawks teams of yesterday where our biggest trade pieces were mid-1st round picks and rotational support players.  We are stacked with assets.  There is more than enough asset value to bring back at a MINIMUM a 1B caliber player.  Because of Trae, we are also attractive enough to appeal to FA's that would agree to SNT.

I've been expecting this kind of move since Trae's rookie season and that's where I have one very minor critique of Schlenk.  If you're going to make trades to support your star, you need to get it done before the league takes notice.  If I were a GM, the last thing I'd want to do is facilitate the erection *painful erection of a dynasty that I'd have to compete with.  If their hand was as visible as ours is, I'd make them mortgage the entire farm.  Moreover, if a team intends to use picks/young players, then they must do it before their "expiration date."

All of that says nothing of what our insiders have said - some of which has also been picked up in the national media.  I expect change as much as I did 2 seasons ago when Trae went and had a sit-down with the front office.  

Lastly, the clock has started ticking on Schlenk.  That dude is looking at his job right now.  He has to get it done.

Side note - I hope these are not "meddling" vibes that I'm picking up from Ressler.
* - edit for clarity and hilarity

• Like 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Wretch said:

If I were a GM, the last thing I'd want to do is facilitate the erection *painful erection of a dynasty that I'd have to compete with.  If their hand was as visible as ours is, I'd make them mortgage the entire farm.  Moreover, if a team intends to use picks/young players, then they must do it before their "expiration date."

All of that says nothing of what our insiders have said - some of which has also been picked up in the national media.  I expect change as much as I did 2 seasons ago when Trae went and had a sit-down with the front office.  

Lastly, the clock has started ticking on Schlenk.  That dude is looking at his job right now.  He has to get it done.

Side note - I hope these are not "meddling" vibes that I'm picking up from Ressler.
* - edit for clarity and hilarity

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

giphy.gif

Did I fix it? lol

• Haha 2