• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Injury Thread 2022-2023

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I wish they would have been more upfront with Bogi. If you say he is going to be ready at the start of the season, we kind of expect that.

That said, he said he is pain free and I’m fine with not rushing him back based on a previous timeline we were given. I’d rather see Bogi play 55+ games in a row without an injury than to rush him back just to play.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It is amazing to me that he said during his interview with Bob and Nique this is the first time he has been pain free playing basketball in ~5 years.  

It makes me think if we give him time to truly heal:

1.  He is going to be much better on both sides of the floor and basically a great 2nd half of the season pick up.

2.  Kudos to our staff for making sure he is better rather than riding him at well under 100% “to get our money’s worth”

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Bogi doesn't play well hurt. Just let try him sit until January or February. 

The fact that there is 'no timetable' is a little disheartening, but I'm ok with being patient with his return.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, cam1218 said:

I get it they want everyone to look happy, but I always find it funny that it looks like the players are heading off on a week vacation to somewhere nice. Nope, just Detroit lol.

Cold, bruh, Cold :laugh1:

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

“I’m back to the court activities, and I feel good, just a little out of basketball shape,” Bogdanovic told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “You know, I need a rhythm back, you know, change of direction, explosive moves. But now I’m focusing on that.”

This has been a new mental challenge for Bogdanovic to overcome since he hasn’t missed this much playing time in his professional career. He said that it has been an adjustment as he tries to remain patient and avoid rushing back too early.

“It’s mentally tough,” he said. “Like, as a basketball player, you know when you’re ready. You know when you’re, like, ready to go. And that mental part, you wake up in the morning, and you go to bed, and you think you’re ready. And then the next day you do work out and you feel a little, like, slow. So that’s the mentally toughest part, but like I said, good challenge, new challenge. Great.”When Bogdanovic shoots at the end of practices, Korver often has been by his side. Since Bogdanovic will have to make adjustments to his shot following his surgery, Korver has offered tips on how to make it a possibility. Korver has broken down the mechanics of stepping into the shot, explaining to Bogdanovic that a shorter stride will use certain muscles and potentially take stress off of his knee.

“He helped me a lot, you know, especially through the challenging times, where I couldn’t, like, figure it out, how to make that transition, from use, to what I’m doing in the weightlifting room with the strength coaches, and everybody else, (physical therapy), how to translate it on the court,” Bogdanovic said. “So he was helping me a lot in that position, using certain muscles when I’m getting in the shot.”

“It’s great,” Bogdanovic said. “I mean, I didn’t have any setback that I felt like, ‘OK, now, last week, I was doing something that this week, I can’t.’ It never happened. I was hoping I (would) be ready for the beginning of the season. That didn’t happen, but that’s just you know, part of recovery, part of that. And it’s been great, you know, just step by step.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2