• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Injury Thread 2022-2023

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm sure it was discussed in the game thread but how was that not a flagrant review or at least a foul on Randle?

right - striking above the head.  

It's Trae so no call or review.  He's been getting pushed, grabbed, smacked etc with no calls.

• Thanks 1

Big props to Trae coming back and helping finish the comeback.  

I can stomach way more than the average person when it comes to violence, mutilation, and gruesomeness.  As I’ve stated before eye pokes are something I just can’t deal with.  Last time It happened to me in my teens I vowed never again, such a weird and scary feeling.  I had to turn the channel before the replay lol.  I can’t imagine not being able to see with my eye open my God the horror.  I’d much rather turn my ankle.

All those dudes who wore goggles in the 80s had the right idea.

Edited by benhillboy

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The eye is like the one part of the body that noone else should ever touch.

I remember getting scratched in the eye playing pickup. It hurt so bad I thought it fell out of socket. I was on the ground just like Trae screaming like a little kid. We ended up canceling the rest of the game. When I finally looked in the mirror it was the tiniest scratch in the corner of my eye socket. Barely even scabbed over.

I thought I would lose my whole eye when it first happened. 

Moral of the story, it’s super sensitive in there, but it’s built to be resilient because of how vital it is.

I think Trae will bounce back fine and soon.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anyone recall this comment by Nate about playing an injured Bogi last year?

I really don't. Big, if true. What coach is okay with being misled about a player's health?

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anyone recall this comment by Nate about playing an injured Bogi last year?

Playing Bogi on load management or a minutes restriction is one thing. Him being available to play at all is another.

Nate doesn’t have a say-so in his rehab process. That’s up to Bogi and the medical staff. Once he is cleared, that’s when Nate can jump in and monitor his usage in games and practices.

So, I can only assume that the tweet is saying Nate will bring Bogi along with more caution once he is cleared to play. Not that Nate is holding him back from moving to the next step of his rehab.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

I want Bogie back!

I'd much rather keep him out a week when it's not really necessary than to play him 30 minutes too soon!  I want him all healed up before he goes into a live game.

Get well Bogie.  We can wait!

🧑‍🔧