• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Injury Thread 2022-2023

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Does anyone know if Bogi practiced with the team this week?  I hope he has moved up to 3 on 3 or 5 on 5. 

Don't think so. Believe it was reported by Lauren @ AJC there's no new progress.

• Moderators
On 11/5/2022 at 12:47 PM, sturt said:

Yay!  Straight line running!  That's step 4 of a 30 step return to the court process. 

Seriously though it'll probably be the old 'no change in status, we don't know when he's coming back' and then one day he's playing. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think I'll just pencil in Bogi to be back on 12/19 vs The Magic at home. He'll miss 30 games to start the season.

I told y'all we won't see him till 2023.  We're talking about Bogi here, one of the softest players in the NBA.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Based on what?  Couldn't play another year with a damaged knee that required surgery?

based on how ridiculously long it takes him to get back on the court from ANY injury he suffers.  I've never seen a player in any sport over shoot his expected time table as much as Bogi does.

The guy is so soft I'm surprised he has bones to break.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

based on how ridiculously long it takes him to get back on the court from ANY injury he suffers.  I've never seen a player in any sport over shoot his expected time table as much as Bogi does.

The guy is so soft I'm surprised he has bones to break.

Well we've got a team full of softies if that's the case.  

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well we've got a team full of softies if that's the case.  

not Trae.   Trae is the opposite.  Always comes back sooner than the prognostication. 

Didn't you see my scientific theory on this I posted last month?  Whatever they say for a time table for trae you subtract 2.    Whatever they say for Bogi you add 2, maybe even more.  

For this one they aren't even saying a timetable for Bogi which means there is no end in sight.  If this goes till the end of the year and they still don't have a specific time table listed I would just assume he is out for the whole season.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, shakes said:

not Trae.   Trae is the opposite.  Always comes back sooner than the prognostication. 

Didn't you see my scientific theory on this I posted last month?  Whatever they say for a time table for trae you subtract 2.    Whatever they say for Bogi you add 2, maybe even more.  

For this one they aren't even saying a timetable for Bogi which means there is no end in sight.  If this goes till the end of the year and they still don't have a specific time table listed I would just assume he is out for the whole season.

Agree there. Trae is tough.  JC too.   Hunter, Cam, OO, Capela have all had these never ending time tables though.  We thought it was Chelsea but she's long gone. 

It's the beginning of the year.  I care way more about Bogi being right and being there when it matters than him playing november games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Uh huh Bogi  Keep dragging that injury out. 

What's going to give in the rotation though?   The way i see it AJ can backup Hunter, Bogi can be our 2 guard off the bench.   So one of the Holidays will be the odd man out in a 9 man rotation.   I just hope AJ keeps it up and keeps playing. 

• Like 3

Trae plays with wild abandon.  I don't understand why he's not injured more.

Bogie will be back when he feels comfortable in being on the floor in a game.  He knows how his body works and how his mindset is.  If the Hawks were in desperate need for him I believe he would come back sooner.  They are not.  Everything is fine right now.  No one else out with major injury.

Last season Atlanta fought the injury bug all year and into the playoffs.  Other NBA teams are dealing with a lot of injuries now.  We're not.  Hope we can keep it this way!!

:smug: