• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Injury Thread 2022-2023

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

For those that talk Emoji, what does this mean from Bogi?

I think it means be patient everyone, this is going to take a really long time.

To which I reply, 🥱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm still sticking to this date.

Taking back my 12/19 date...see ya in 2023 Bogi! 😏

Of course, fans (and media) did not learn of the procedure until a Serbian National Team doctor broke the news in early June. Dr. Dragan Radovanovic estimated a three-month recovery timeline.

A few days after, the Hawks organization confirmed the reports. The team put out the following statement, "Bogdan Bogdanovic underwent surgery on his right patella tendon to address knee inflammation. He will rehabilitate over the offseason and is expected to make a full recovery in advance of the regular season."

Fast forward to Hawks Media Day in late September, and Hawks general manager Landry Fields said Bogdanovic was nearing the final phase of his recovery. Almost two months have passed, and Bogdanovic has still not practiced with his teammates.

On October 28, team president Travis Schlenk added to the confusion during a television broadcast. Schlenk said, "Tonight was the first night he started playing one-on-one. We're going to start reintegrating him into practices when we get back off this road trip."

One week later, Hawks coach Nate McMillan threw cold water on the idea when the team returned to Atlanta. It has been two weeks since Atlanta returned from the long road trip, and Bogdanovic still is not practicing with the team.

• Sad 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Uuuuughhhhh, I projected him to have the best year of his career. That’s not looking great at all. Another month and a half? :sad:

I'm just guessing. Once he no longer just 'putting up shots' then it will get interesting.

• Thanks 2

On 11/18/2022 at 7:11 PM, Spud2nique said:

Uuuuughhhhh, I projected him to have the best year of his career. That’s not looking great at all. Another month and a half? :sad:

Hawks need to find a trade partner for somebody and include Bogi contract somehow..  smh.....Coming back in Jan playing with a guy(DJM) that hes never played with? And it usually takes Bogi a min to get up to speed.. This is horrible news.. Just damn.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Knowing Nate, he'll start JHol to keep AJ in his bench role.

Sounds about right...

• Premium Member
On 11/18/2022 at 6:15 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm just guessing. Once he no longer just 'putting up shots' then it will get interesting.

Um

Thought you (or someone) reported that BogBog played 3 on 3 the other day.... no???

I mean, I still think 6 weeks is a reasonable estimate.

But I'm good with that. His value to us is in the second half and postseason anyhow.... it's actually allowing us to get AJ more minutes than he'd otherwise get.

In golf, they call it playing the long game.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I got Bogi back 12/5 vs Thunder at home so he's ready for MSG on 12/7

I put JC in my profile pic over the summer to keep him from getting traded.   It worked.  I put Bogi there a week or so ago to get him back quicker and it's working!!  Started playing 3v3.  Of course, as soon as i did it JC 'goes on the trading block' again.  

• Haha 3

I’m so indifferent to Bogi I don’t even know what’s wrong with his ass.  Hawks should have a 65% win clip after the quarter mark without him.  He act like he got a flesh eating disease or some shit why he can’t heal up

Edited by benhillboy