• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Please lock the other thread

(I'd propose that's not really necessary, though, and even counterproductive to the cause of starting this new one... ie, to let other conversations continue over there that were tangential keeps them from re-sprouting over in this one where you say you'd like some better poster discipline.... right?)

Just now, sturt said:

(I'd propose that's not really necessary, though, and even counterproductive to the cause of starting this new one... ie, to let other conversations continue over there that were tangential keeps them from re-sprouting over in this one where you say you'd like some better poster discipline.... right?)

We already agreed to start a new thread from the mods

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

(I get that. My point remains.)

Please just PM me if you see off-topic items from the last thread that you want to see split out into a new thread ala the NBA Finals Discussion thread.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Poster discipline? Can we not segregate a rumor thread from team direction? I hate scrolling through nonsense posts!

I’m not interested in finding nba trade information and debate sandwiched between 5 posts about John Collins job in the Miami series.

hehe... Can we???

History says we want to... history says we cannot... hehe

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Might wanna ask yourself there chief. You go on tangents no mfcker can follow sometimes.

LIKE THIS RIGHT HERE! BURY MY POST ITS NOT MY BEST WORK.

Spud, your criticism is well-taken, but totally misplaced... the term "team direction" was in the very title of the previous thread.

So, I stand wrongly accused.

You're in a foul mood today... how did that happen???... this isn't like you.

😉

• Haha 3

Everything the major reporters have said all offseason is jc is headed out lol. Would be shocked if it wasn't to portland for 7 hopefully schlenk can work his magic and get to the kings pick. 

There will definitely be changes especially among the front court not including hunter

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Everything the major reporters have said all offseason is jc is headed out lol. Would be shocked if it wasn't to portland for 7 hopefully schlenk can work his magic and get to the kings pick. 

There will definitely be changes especially among the front court not including hunter

I think Schlenk's last commentary makes it somewhat clear that a very high price will have to be offered for JC.  Travis speaking out is strategic in my mind.   He didn't have to say anything.  Rumors don't effect a front office.  In fact, rumors helps a front office stay covert.   BUT.. When the VPBO speaks.. it changes the atmosphere for all GMs and VPs...  That's what Schlenk did.  He changed the atmosphere and put the agents on their heels.   

We (Squawkers) react to every thing that an agent leaks... many times, it's just a coded message to get an organization to be interested in their client through gossip.  Usually, the interest serves in their client getting a better situation.   So we do the work of the Agents... ask Leon Rose about how he used to do it.  However, our VP just stepped up and in my mind ended any notion that we're going after Gobert.   Maybe Travis reached the point of frustration with Utah's brass.  But  it's a clear and loud message that we're not at the table with them anymore. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

What Trae needs around him is different than what Steph needs around him. Curry makes others better a lot more than Trae who mainly makes bigs better.

I believe this is on topic so I wanted to comment on this here…I definitely agree with this and it’s why I wouldn’t mind Ayton or Gobert. I just happen to prefer Ayton because I believe his offense is still truly untapped even after playing with CP3.

Ayton and Trae both could avg 25 ppg each in my opinion if not more. That is not a crazy prediction and we will have our 2nd go to scorer which is needed. Toss in JC who can play off of both and have more space to operate since Ayton can shoot it and heck we have a Big 3 that the league will learn to respect.

Go get a dawg defender at the 2 (Bruce Brown) and keep Hunter at 3. Very very Successful off season in my opinion.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think Schlenk's last commentary makes it somewhat clear that a very high price will have to be offered for JC.  Travis speaking out is strategic in my mind.   He didn't have to say anything.  Rumors don't effect a front office.  In fact, rumors helps a front office stay covert.   BUT.. When the VPBO speaks.. it changes the atmosphere for all GMs and VPs...  That's what Schlenk did.  He changed the atmosphere and put the agents on their heels.   

We (Squawkers) react to every thing that an agent leaks... many times, it's just a coded message to get an organization to be interested in their client through gossip.  Usually, the interest serves in their client getting a better situation.   So we do the work of the Agents... ask Leon Rose about how he used to do it.  However, our VP just stepped up and in my mind ended any notion that we're going after Gobert.   Maybe Travis reached the point of frustration with Utah's brass.  But  it's a clear and loud message that we're not at the table with them anymore. 

And on the flip side:

Jazz would be happy to keep Rudy Gobert

Jake Fischer on potential Rudy Gobert trade: I really do think it’s like 50/50, 60/40 because I think, ultimately, if they don’t find a package back that they think is worth, I think they’re very happy to keep him. I think a lot of people there would be.

via Spotify

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors.....don't take ANYTHING as gospel. These are all moving targets.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I believe we have to get Ayton first before you trade JC. JC is the teams second best scorer outside of maybe Bogi who has been more of a second half guy here in terms of scoring well.

If we grab Ayton via trade before the draft then i believe JC could possibly get traded during draft night for picks 4 or 7.

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Rumors do effect them tho. They were losing leverage every time someone threw their name into trades imo

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

I believe we have to get Ayton first before you trade JC. JC is the teams second best scorer outside of maybe Bogi who has been more of a second half guy here in terms of scoring well.

If we grab Ayton via trade before the draft then i believe JC could possibly get traded during draft night for picks 4 or 7.

Can't get ayton until a week after the draft tho. They may have an idea where he signing by then but a jc move likely will happen before free agecnc imo