• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Everything the major reporters have said all offseason is jc is headed out lol.

Quoting the great philosopher David Byrne...

N6SYPn.gif

... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it evvvvvvv... etc etc etc

• Haha 2

Underrated comment from the mega thread was @NBASupes mentioning (I'm paraphrasing) that Atl / Phx have a suitable SNT deal for Ayton agreed to and the question is where Ayton wants to play.  That implies (to me anyway) that if TR / TS / TY etc... can convince Ayton to want to be here, we have a deal ready to go. 

That's good news on its face but also in that it should put pressure on Utah to make a deal IF they decide that their best option is to trade Rudy to Hawks.    

Now I'm wondering what the agreed upon SNT is for Ayton.  

• Like 1

NBA finals:  Over.

Coming soon - - The draft.  Free agency.  Rumor mill now wide open!

Will we?  Won't we?  Can't we?  Can we?  

And off we go into the wild blue yonder !!

😇

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

We better see some. 

On or before one week from Wednesday, you're going to lose your back-up PF, 99% confidence... so there's that, regardless. And in less than a week, you're going to gain a new rook, or gain compensation for a new rook.

"Some" is a given.

And I just hope Schlenk's actions conform to his words.

Don't wanna see any young core shipped out, unless it's the draft pick.

Can be persuaded to part with Capela or BogBog, but there's a lot of unemotional dry facts that urge caution... there would have to be a clear and compelling argument that, in so doing, our defense gets better and/or the likely health of the replacement is going to make them more available for essentially a similar level of production.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

On or before one week from Wednesday, you're going to lose your back-up PF, 99% confidence... so there's that, regardless. And in less than a week, you're going to gain a new rook, or gain compensation for a new rook.

"Some" is a given.

And I just hope Schlenk's actions conform to his words.

Don't wanna see any young core shipped out, unless it's the draft pick.

Can be persuaded to part with Capela or BogBog, but there's a lot of unemotional dry facts that urge caution... there would have to be a clear and compelling argument that, in so doing, our defense gets better and/or the likely health of the replacement is going to make them more available for essentially a similar level of production.

Gallo is a goner either way in 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Underrated comment from the mega thread was @NBASupes mentioning (I'm paraphrasing) that Atl / Phx have a suitable SNT deal for Ayton agreed to and the question is where Ayton wants to play.  That implies (to me anyway) that if TR / TS / TY etc... can convince Ayton to want to be here, we have a deal ready to go. 

That's good news on its face but also in that it should put pressure on Utah to make a deal IF they decide that their best option is to trade Rudy to Hawks.    

Now I'm wondering what the agreed upon SNT is for Ayton.  

I'm less than optimistic we'll complete a sign n trade because of the cap limitations associated with a sign-n-trade.  Limiting yourself to not being able to go above the tax apron (hard capped).

"The Tax Apron amount increases (or decreases) each year at one-half the rate of increase (or decrease) in the Salary Cap."  https://cbabreakdown.com/

Now read that up top.  Although the apron amount increases, it increases slower than the cap. Unlike the LT level which increases equal to the cap, the apron increases less. It's always more than the LT and the amount more increases but the % more than the LT is always shrinking.  Because contracts normally progress at 8% annual increases, this makes maintaining salary at or below the apron increasingly difficult and for the life of the sign and trade agreement.

Translation: If we completed a 4 year SnT deal for Ayton, we get progressively less and less free salary to work with until the deal expires. If an opportunity to acquire a star comes about, we may be handcuffed from acquiring due to the trade rule and not our willingness to pay the LT.  Teams willing to pay the LT to win championships don't do SnT deals because it shortens their windows. Can it be done? Yes! Is it a gamble? Yes.

Best way out of the handcuffs? Trade the player you acquired via SnT.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Free agency.

This is a whole other area that, to my knowledge, we've barely touched for all of the LAG (LaVine/Ayton/Gobert) chatter. And, until Jay pointed out that Ressler's most recent comments point to a guy who seems persuaded he's going to pay some tax, I'd not even thought it worth going there.

Now though?

You usually can pick up a decent rotation player with your MLE... might have to re-visit that now.

• Like 1

• AHF changed the title to The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)
  • Premium Member
27 minutes ago, JTB said:

I believe we have to get Ayton first before you trade JC. JC is the teams second best scorer outside of maybe Bogi who has been more of a second half guy here in terms of scoring well.

If we grab Ayton via trade before the draft then i believe JC could possibly get traded during draft night for picks 4 or 7.

Draft occurs before FAcy begins so no Ayton deal before the draft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Everything the major reporters have said all offseason is jc is headed out lol. Would be shocked if it wasn't to portland for 7 hopefully schlenk can work his magic and get to the kings pick. 

There will definitely be changes especially among the front court not including hunter

None have them had said that.  They've said that their best guess is he'll be traded.

What's actually happening is Atlanta is taking calls on JC because he's the player with the highest value that they may make available. 

Doesn't mean they are going to trade him.  Just means they are listening to offers on him.   

JC was also " best guessed" to be gone before he signed his contract extension too.

40 minutes ago, JTB said:

I believe this is on topic so I wanted to comment on this here…I definitely agree with this and it’s why I wouldn’t mind Ayton or Gobert. I just happen to prefer Ayton because I believe his offense is still truly untapped even after playing with CP3.

Ayton and Trae both could avg 25 ppg each in my opinion if not more. That is not a crazy prediction and we will have our 2nd go to scorer which is needed. Toss in JC who can play off of both and have more space to operate since Ayton can shoot it and heck we have a Big 3 that the league will learn to respect.

Go get a dawg defender at the 2 (Bruce Brown) and keep Hunter at 3. Very very Successful off season in my opinion.

You almost had me until the Bruce Brown part.  I want a two way SG.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

None have them had said that.  They've said that their best guess is he'll be traded.

What's actually happening is Atlanta is taking calls on JC because he's the player with the highest value that they may make available. 

Doesn't mean they are going to trade him.  Just means they are listening to offers on him.   

JC was also " best guessed" to be gone before he signed his contract extension too.

Kirschner has said all summer long he doesn't expect jC back (and I know you all hate him so please save me the grace and don't reply about him Idc).

Jake fischer just said yesterday he expects the hawks to deal jc for a lottery pick. also again stated in KOC's mock draft today. They have been saying this stuff for weeks now

39 minutes ago, JTB said:

I believe we have to get Ayton first before you trade JC. JC is the teams second best scorer outside of maybe Bogi who has been more of a second half guy here in terms of scoring well.

If we grab Ayton via trade before the draft then i believe JC could possibly get traded during draft night for picks 4 or 7.

Don't think that's possible. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Kirschner has said all summer long he doesn't expect jC back (and I know you all hate him so please save me the grace and don't reply about him Idc).

Jake fischer just said yesterday he expects the hawks to deal jc for a lottery pick. also again stated in KOC's mock draft today. They have been saying this stuff for weeks now

I don't hate Kirschner.  I think he does fine reporting.  This isn't realgm or twitter Mikey.  We are a way more reasonable group.

I'm telling you how things work.  This is the time of year where agents and other front offices are trying to drive value whatever way they can to be beneficial to them. 

It's called silly season for a reason.  

Again, go look at what was written when John didn't sign his extension before the season before last.  You'll see similar stories written by Kirschner and probably Fischer too.

I don't hate Kirschner.  I think he does fine reporting.  This isn't realgm or twitter Mikey.  We are a way more reasonable group.

I'm telling you how things work.  This is the time of year where agents and other front offices are trying to drive value whatever way they can to be beneficial to them. 

It's called silly season for a reason.  

Again, go look at what was written when John didn't sign his extension before the season before last.  You'll see similar stories written by Kirschner and probably Fischer too.

I find twitter more reasonable than this lol. Everybody on here last time kept telling me kirschner hates jc and has been trying to get him traded for years like no thats not how this works lol.

Fischer been saying we didn't even want to give him the deal we gave him. His time feels done with the hawks

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I find twitter more reasonable than this lol. Everybody on here last time kept telling me kirschner hates jc and has been trying to get him traded for years like no thats not how this works lol.

Fischer been saying we didn't even want to give him the deal we gave him. His time feels done with the hawks

Everybody is an exaggeration.  Kirschner has his best guess of who may not be on the team.  The most likely candidate is Bogi and Capela. 

If there are better deals for the Hawks to get better with sending out JC, they may make the trade.

I can almost guarantee they will not be trading JC to Portland for the 7th pick in a weak draft. 

Unless they've brought in some other upgrades at the 2 and center spots.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They said it when the Hawks and JC failed to agree on the early extension, they said it at the trade deadline of that same year, they said it in JC's RFA offseason, they said it this past trade deadline....I guess they'll be right, EVENTUALLY :laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Everybody is an exaggeration.  Kirschner has his best guess of who may not be on the team.  The most likely candidate is Bogi and Capela. 

If there are better deals for the Hawks to get better with sending out JC, they may make the trade.

I can almost guarantee they will not be trading JC to Portland for the 7th pick in a week draft. 

Unless they've brought in some other upgrades at the 2 and center spots.

Lol well they seem to be bringing in upgrades at that spot. Just telling you guys be prepared for jc to be gone cause his time here very well seems done.